Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9893 posts
916 upvotes
rabbit wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2017 2:56 am
Yeah, too soon for The Dark Phoenix. Hmm, but don't know what other story to suggest. Moira McTaggert's son from 127 and 128 had decent reviews, but I don't see it translating well to a movie.

"The Last Stand" sucked because it took an X-Men story and turned it into a Wolverine movie.
I don't think it's too soon for a Dark Phoenix movie, but I don't like Sophie Turner playing Jean Grey. I wish the Apocalypse movie actually ended with Xavier dying. Then they could have done a sequel with the Age of Apocalypse story line.

At the end of Apocalypse, they had a cut scene with Essex Corp... that was a precursor to the Wolverine movie where they didn't even use Mr Sinister, but they could then go back and use Sinister in the X-Men movie.

I would love to see the Mutant Massacre or Brood story lines, but both are far too gory for the general audience.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23410 posts
1107 upvotes
Markham, ON
maybe another reboot...didnt like the past and future cross over...just confused things for most ppl

maybe just let it die for a decade to get the interest back.
Dec 22, 2014
509 posts
112 upvotes
Regina, SK
thelefteyeguy wrote:
Apr 25th, 2017 11:20 am
maybe another reboot...didnt like the past and future cross over...just confused things for most ppl

maybe just let it die for a decade to get the interest back.
Might be a good plan to let it idle for awhile, but film rights probably have a clause that if they aren't used it would revert back to Marvel. I don't think FOX is willing to let that happen.
Jun 29, 2010
812 posts
176 upvotes
I've got a bad feeling about this. MCU goes cosmic, DCEU goes cosmic, X-Men HAS to go cosmic!! (sigh)
Bought to you by the writer of X3.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4478 posts
760 upvotes
Please, no. Dear god, no.
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10210 posts
747 upvotes
Mississauga
I can't believe Jennifer Lawrence agreed to do another one. She seemed so done with this series, to the point where she barely even wore the blue makeup in the last installment. They must have paid her a truckload of money.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1207 posts
278 upvotes
thelefteyeguy wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 3:54 pm
I'll pass again...can't stand JLaw
Was a JLaw hater for the longest time myself until not too long ago when I saw her in "Passengers". Or was it her hacked pics from "The Fappening" which resurfaced for my viewing pleasure which finally made me soften up to JLaw? LOL I started to ask myself, what's really so bad about her? I couldn't come up with an answer after seeing those amazing pics again. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17741 posts
1320 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Jun 20th, 2017 5:39 pm
Was a JLaw hater for the longest time myself until not too long ago when I saw her in "Passengers". Or was it her hacked pics from "The Fappening" which resurfaced for my viewing pleasure which finally made me soften up to JLaw? LOL I started to ask myself, what's really so bad about her? I couldn't come up with an answer after seeing those amazing pics again. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I doubt those pictures made you softer. Quite possibly the opposite. :razz:
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3224 posts
643 upvotes
Toronto
thelefteyeguy wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 3:54 pm
I'll pass again...can't stand JLaw
I hate that she's the biggest star in this franchise right now, because it forces the writers to try to make a fringe character like Mystique into an integral part of the story... I really wish that they had a bit more foresight and cast Jennifer Lawrence as a more integral X-Men character, or made her a villain-turned-hero like Emma Frost who becomes part of the core instead.
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7973 posts
788 upvotes
Ottawa
The franchise is deteriorating in quality so I'm hoping they can still push through good content.
Dec 22, 2014
509 posts
112 upvotes
Regina, SK
Simon Kinberg gets to make his directing debut on an X-men movie. Sure he has a lot of producing and writing credits, but they should get a director who has at least directed a film before.
Oct 28, 2016
117 posts
19 upvotes
Can anybody tell me about the differences between X-Men and X-Men Apocalypse???