Xbox 360 - Backward Compatibility & AVI update

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2010 1:25 pm
May 26, 2007
219 posts
1 upvote

Xbox 360 - Backward Compatibility & AVI update

Hello All,

I'm trying to run Xbox games on the Xbox 360 and I am aware that there is an update for this HERE

According to the instructions, the USB stick needs to be FAT32 and to copy/paste the files downloaded on the USB from the link above.

But when I insert the USB it won't ask me to install the update or whatever. I've tried turining it on/off with the usb plugged in as well and no luck so far.

Apparently the same update lets you watch AVIs on the Xbox as well.

Please let me know what i'm doing wrong. How come when I insert the USB the Xbox doesn't ask me to update?
7 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
2268 posts
373 upvotes
Toronto
To play avi's you have to log online everytime you want to play. Unless you have a jtagged xbox. Not sure about the xbox games.

Check out. www.xbox360iso.com
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4453 posts
260 upvotes
game content purchased online also turns into demos or lack of being able to play them at all if you're not signed into Xbox Live...
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3488 upvotes
Victoria
realg123 wrote: To play avi's you have to log online everytime you want to play. Unless you have a jtagged xbox. Not sure about the xbox games.

Check out. www.xbox360iso.com

thats not entirely accurate. the AVI update is like buying DLC, it will register to the consolse you first download it on, as well as your gamertag.

If its regged to a different console you can either:

1) deleted it off the console. make a new gamertag. redownload it. as that gamertag has never downloaded it, it will also register to that console.

2) use microsoft's tool for moving content to a new console and rereg it it to a new console.

either way you can use the AVI update off line... you just have to treat it like DLC.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4865 posts
188 upvotes
GTA
DiploDocus wrote: game content purchased online also turns into demos or lack of being able to play them at all if you're not signed into Xbox Live...
Only if you're not playing on your "home" console. Any content registered to a given console will still function offline.
Rock it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)