Computers & Electronics

Xbox 360 S or E. If buying now, which would you buy for the same price?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2014 1:23 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
2304 posts
683 upvotes
Vancouver

Xbox 360 S or E. If buying now, which would you buy for the same price?

I was looking around for the $149.99 2013 Xbox 360 250GB bundle packages and I came across an older bundle for the same price but with Halo Reach, Fable 3, 3 months Gold Live membership and a 250GB, 360 S console instead of the E console that comes with Halo 4, Tomb Raider and 1 month Gold Live membership. I looked up the differences between Xbox S vs E, it seems that the S console appears to be better than the E. The S has an optical out connection, an extra USB port at the back, has the proprietary port so that a breakaway cable for VGA, composite, or Component connection could be used, and I personally like the looks of the S vs the E. Also I kinda like the touch sensor eject and power button on the S, as opposed to the mechanical activated eject and power button on the E. The only downside that I could see is that the games that were bundled with the packages were older as compared to the E package. Also, if I am not mistaken Gold Live membership has free Halo Reach for download for Sept 2014. I am kinda stumped. If you had a choice, which would you buy and why?

Thanks for your insight and all the best.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2004
1267 posts
47 upvotes
I think I would prefer the S due to the differences you mentioned. I'm still rocking a Falcon white console.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
2304 posts
683 upvotes
Vancouver
I think motherboard and processors are the same on the S and E. I read that the E is supposed to be quieter than the S version but in practice, some people can't tell the difference. It seems the E version is just a more economical version of the xbox 360 to manufacture. I think I will get the S console unless somebody has a compelling reason for the E. Thanks.

all the best.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)