[OP]
Oct 24, 2003
833 posts
247 upvotes
North York
Trader Score: 8 (100% Positive)

Xbox 360 USB wireless receiver for PC

Hi,

Looking to buy a working Genuine Microsoft wireless USB receiver for the xbox 360 controller (PC). Please PM your price, location, and condition of unit if you have one available.

5 replies
Jan 17, 2009
386 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Trader Score: 5 (100% Positive)
Hey OP, FYI if you're not in a rush, you can get a knock off one off Ebay for like $8 from China. I have both a genuine and a knock off and they're identical in build. I use both, one on my HTPC and one on my desktop in the den. They work identical and are recognized identically in Win10. There is virtually no difference other than the M$ name on one.
I believe M$ just puts their name on them...so maybe you can save some money.

Found a few
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... r&_sacat=0
[OP]
Oct 24, 2003
833 posts
247 upvotes
North York
Trader Score: 8 (100% Positive)
hshot_rooke wrote:
Dec 28th, 2016 10:28 am
Hey OP, FYI if you're not in a rush, you can get a knock off one off Ebay for like $8 from China. I have both a genuine and a knock off and they're identical in build. I use both, one on my HTPC and one on my desktop in the den. They work identical and are recognized identically in Win10. There is virtually no difference other than the M$ name on one.
I believe M$ just puts their name on them...so maybe you can save some money.

Found a few
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... r&_sacat=0
Thanks but I read some reviews on amazon and it seems the knockoffs sometimes don't work well and aren't plug and play. For yours did you have to manually install drivers? Or did windows automatically installed it for you? Can you also check which ebay seller you purchased from?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1600 posts
378 upvotes
mississauga
Trader Score: 15 (100% Positive)
if you want it for steam link purposes those generic ones are plug and play there.
think first, buy later.
Temp. Banned
Jan 30, 2008
230 posts
18 upvotes
Vaughan
Trader Score: 24 (100% Positive)
jimmyzaas wrote:
Dec 28th, 2016 9:13 pm
Thanks but I read some reviews on amazon and it seems the knockoffs sometimes don't work well and aren't plug and play. For yours did you have to manually install drivers? Or did windows automatically installed it for you? Can you also check which ebay seller you purchased from?
I have a knockoff one I got for like 6$ years ago. It works fine, but you do need to manually install drivers.

Takes a few minutes, then works like a charm.

You simply go into Device manager, find the device with PID of your device (I've done it so many times I've memorized it, otherwise it's generally whatever unidentified device you have on the list OR alternatively, unplug it and see which one disappears, that's the one) then choose to manually install drivers, and on Windows 7 and up you pick Xbox 360 > wireless receiver - Done.

Much easier than it used to be.