Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
8875 posts
597 upvotes
Vancouver

Xbox game pass? Which games?

I’m trying this for a month. Any recommended games , 3rd person games and any other games? The problem with game pass it takes so long to download a large game. But I’m gonna try it for a month.

As for types of games I’m open to almost anything. Keep in mind I’m not what you would consider a gamer. I’m a casual player. :). Also enjoy games that can be played solo.

Thanks
11 replies
Nov 10, 2005
197 posts
80 upvotes
Definitely Rise of the Tomb Raider. Fantastic game and looks gorgeous in 4k.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3442 posts
762 upvotes
Toronto
Check out Rise of the Tomb Raider, Limbo and Sunset Overdrive
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Nov 17, 2012
94 posts
75 upvotes
Mississauga
I'll recommend you some games on the smaller side (in download size) that would be easier to check out:

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - a unique game where you control two brothers with one controller, fairy tale kind of atmosphere.
Rime is a very pretty exploration/puzzle game.
Kingdom: New Lands is a cool town-builder / town-defense kinda thing. Hard to describe haha
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is an oldie but a goodie, a classic Star Wars RPG with a great story (but a slow start)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6644 posts
1618 upvotes
I am playing through State of Decay 2 and find it fun enough to finish it.
It is buggy but enjoyable.

If you try it out, I would recommend going for the Builder Legacy because you can carry it over to New Game +,
and its perks gives Power/Electricity to all of the facilities in your home base without any real power consumption (no fuel depletion).

You can also choose 3 of your Survivors to carry over to New Game+ mode.

Managing how well your survivors get along with one another is another interesting dynamic.
I would recommend Exiling or sending any trouble makers in your faction on death missions. Otherwise a few bad people in your group can
lower other people's morale to detrimental levels (making even good members in your community threaten to leave or quit your group if you do nothing about it).

Guide for the best home base locations and where to find them.
https://www.gameskinny.com/5b95h/state- ... e-building

Even exiled members will sometimes try to return to your home base and try to get revenge on your group for kicking them out.
Yeah, good luck with that 9vs1 hostile takeover Smiling Face With Open Mouth. Other times they will end up joining a hostile Enclave and attack you any time they see you.

An example of a recruited member with quirk/perks which negatively affects everyone else in your community.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9226 posts
2590 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Do not try state of decay 2. If you do, that's all you'll be playing. Highly addictive and fun. Infinite replayabiliy, imo
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
3917 posts
566 upvotes
I just finished Gears of War 4. Took me a weekend.
I have Halo 5 downloaded and will be trying that next weekend.
I also downloaded Zoo Tycoon. I want to play a non-FPS game before Halo 5.
Cities: Skylines is there if you like sims.
The Division is now free, but it's another shooter.
Rise of the Tomb Raider I had already finished on PS4, but the game does look pretty enhanced visuals on Xbox One X.
As much as I want to try Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, I don't want to spend 40 hours on it when I still have so many PS4 games to play.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1107 posts
292 upvotes
Andro wrote:
Jun 24th, 2018 11:08 am
Do not try state of decay 2. If you do, that's all you'll be playing. Highly addictive and fun. Infinite replayabiliy, imo
SoD2 is the best selling game of May beating out even God of War and Detroit Become Human according to NPD. Pretty crazy!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5040 posts
733 upvotes
calgary
Id give a shot to most of the first party stuff, most of it is pretty enjoyable:
Gears 4 - it's a fairly safe sequal and I found some points in the second half to be pretty tedious but its overall quite enjoyable and it looks great.
Rise of the Tomb Raider - I didn't like the open world aspects and the story is totally forgettable but the side-tombs are great and it looks great.
Halo 5 - It still lacks the big open world levels that made the OG trilogy so good but the shooting mechanics are great and its a pretty fun game. The story is really rubbish though, it won't make a lick of sense to anyone who hasn't already invested in Halo lore and its incredibly disappointing for fans of the lore.
Sunset Overdrive - Legit one of the most fun games I've played, bright colorful world to explore with lots of cool weapons, I highly recommend.
Halo Wars 2 - This game has a bit of a learning curve and doesn't quite have the complexity of a PC strategy game but I found the campaign highly enjoyable (even though I really didnt figure out the nuances of the game until halfway through). I don't know if its included either but there is a really fun expansion that brings a co-op horde mode to the multiplayer
Recore - If you are into old school 3d platformers/collecathon games this game is quite a lot of fun. Its a bit buggy and there is a wierd gate about 2/3rds of the way through but I quite enjoyed this game, some of the platforming is phenomenal.
Super lucky tales - its fairly by the numbers and quite simple but its a cute and whimsical platformer, I think its worth checking out.
State of Decay 2 - a bit buggy but it can be quite addicting, its more of a sims style management sim in the zombie apocalypse than a zombie game.
Sea of Thieves - Ive had some incredibly nights of gaming with this game but it must be played with a group of people that use mics. I use the LFG tool on xbox to assist in finding groups of strangers with mics to play with. It can be briefly enjoyable solo as well. I would not attempt to play this using matchmaking.

Other recommendations:
Laser League: A fun little 2v2 competitive game where you set traps to try to trap people in lasers,
Cities: Skyline: its a sim city style management sim but it plays pretty good on console, can be very addicting
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15381 posts
3739 upvotes
Andro wrote:
Jun 24th, 2018 11:08 am
Tried it, didn't like it. Might try Fallout 4. Haven't touched Sea of Thieves in months. Maybe I'm just too picky...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)