• Jul 9th, 2011 12:32 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2005
1191 posts
24 upvotes

Xbox headset for teen

Birthday coming up and want to get a new headset. Is Turtle Beach the way to go? Which one? As a Mom I'm not up on which ones to buy so looking for help!
4 replies
Feb 28, 2007
716 posts
37 upvotes
Astro A40s
Turtle Beach
Trittons
SteelSeries
Razer
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2011
1021 posts
70 upvotes
Dieppe
Budget?

I got my fiance a Turtle Beach PX21 some months ago and he really liked it. I almost picked up a second for myself but there isn't much gaming during the summer.
Jan 13, 2011
8 posts
toronto
I'd go with Tritton Ax Pro. They have very good sound quality that is completely adjustable to your preference and a very noticeable bass boost. Turtle Beach is fine but they are wireless and as the batteries deplete, which is quite quickly, you'll be able to hear a hissing noise. Don't get me wrong, Turtle Beach is good but I've had 3 Turtle Beach headsets and the sound quality kept getting worse after long usages and sometimes it would switch from party chat to game chat by itself. I decided to purchase the Trittons and I can honestly say it was the best choice I made. I tend to play for long periods of time per day, every single day so if your son is a casual gamer(only couple hrs per day) then go for the cheaper Turtle Beach models(priced around $60-100) but if price isn't an issue then go for the newer models(x31 or x41, $90-200). As for Tritton, don't bother buying any of the old models since they pale in comparison to the Ax Pro(around $160 for them).

Hope that helps.
Apr 8, 2011
11 posts
You can get him Plantronics Gamecon as a cheaper alternative (headset with mic). I think the 377 is around 30-40$?