None
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2002
1242 posts
27 upvotes
Windsor

Xbox: Jade Empire REVIEW 9.9 from IGN!!

Jade Empire Review

I noticed this Bioware RPG a long time back but kind of lost touch with it. I saw this review last night and was totally surprised by the score. I'm pretty sure this is the highest score an Xbox game has recieved at IGN so far and they're labelling it the best RPG ever on Xbox

The ship date is April 13th, so it should be available this coming week.

edit: Here's a great quote from the review:
It's a strange thing to consider, but I believe David Clayman may have underrated Jade Empire at a 9.9. There is no such thing as the perfect game, but there are a few rare gaming experiences that so transcend any failings, they might as well be considered perfect. KOTOR was easy to love, but it had a lot of faults. The genius of that game so outweighed the annoying issues that it remains a classic for just about every RPG fan. Guess what -- Jade's story is better, its combat system superior and its morality system is more complex than KOTOR.
21 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2003
4243 posts
26 upvotes
Strathroy, ON
SAS-1 wrote:Jade Empire Review

I noticed this Bioware RPG a long time back but kind of lost touch with it. I saw this review last night and was totally surprised by the score. I'm pretty sure this is the highest score an Xbox game has recieved at IGN so far and they're labelling it the best RPG ever on Xbox

The ship date is April 13th, so it should be available this coming week.

edit: Here's a great quote from the review:
That's amazing. If I wasn't playing WoW so much, I'd buy it.
Power.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2002
1242 posts
27 upvotes
Windsor
Hurk wrote:That's amazing. If I wasn't playing WoW so much, I'd buy it.
LOL! Same problem. :) If possible, I might see if I can wait until it hits $39.99.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2003
4243 posts
26 upvotes
Strathroy, ON
SAS-1 wrote:LOL! Same problem. :) If possible, I might see if I can wait until it hits $39.99.
I think that's a good idea. My one friend waits til it goes Platinum Hits :)
Power.
Nov 19, 2004
585 posts
1 upvote
Too bad it's an XBOX exclusive, well except for those people that have one... > :(
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2003
4243 posts
26 upvotes
Strathroy, ON
whargoul wrote:Too bad it's an XBOX exclusive, well except for those people that have one... > :(
Not too bad. Good for XBox and Microsoft, it's another reason to choose it over PS2 and Gamecube.
Power.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6344 upvotes
Winnipeg
just get all 3

i have 2 modded xbox with enlarged hdd and gamecube, used to have 4 pc as well..
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5186 posts
1829 upvotes
Mississauga
prob. get it for xbox the day it comes out, but I'm guessing it'll eventually, like all xbox games, be on the PC too, so no worries all you non-xbox owners.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5186 posts
1829 upvotes
Mississauga
prob. get it for xbox the day it comes out, but I'm guessing it'll eventually, like all xbox games, be on the PC too, so no worries all you non-xbox owners.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
Wow! A lot of great games lately.

I bet you Bioware will announce this for PC at E3 or later on.
Apr 21, 2003
557 posts
23 upvotes
Winterpeg
Would be nice to have this for PSP as well.
Here's hoping!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2001
8460 posts
1456 upvotes
Toronto
Well I preordered the Limited Edition. It's the same price as the standard and you get a bonus character and some other stuff. :)

That's better than a stupid poster that I'd never put up. heh
Nov 19, 2004
585 posts
1 upvote
Fantaz wrote:Wow! A lot of great games lately.

I bet you Bioware will announce this for PC at E3 or later on.
I hope so.
Deal Guru
Oct 17, 2001
11978 posts
115 upvotes
Viper wrote:Would be nice to have this for PSP as well.
Here's hoping!
It'll NEVER be on PSP (unless MS lets go of their grip on Bioware, they're practically second party). The day Jade Empire is on PSP is the day we get Gran Turismo on PC/Xbox ;) .
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2003
4243 posts
26 upvotes
Strathroy, ON
Prodigious (from OCForums.com) wrote:The KOTOR series came to pc shortly after the xbox release, however I heard from a few sources that Microsoft intends to make sure Jade Empire stays an xbox exclusive.
Goodies.
Power.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5863 posts
2612 upvotes
sweet, i'll be getting this the day it comes out, i've been looking for a good rpg for a while
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2002
1242 posts
27 upvotes
Windsor
Raxel wrote:www.gamespot.com only gives this game 8.4, interesting.
Yes, lots of reviews now (courtesy of Game Rankings :

Gamespy 5 out of 5 100.0%
IGN 9.9 out of 10 99.0%
GameSpot 8.4 out of 10 84.0%
Electronic Gaming Monthly 9.33 out of 10 93.3%
Official Xbox Magazine 9.4 out of 10 94.0%
TeamXBOX 9.7 out of 10 97.0%
Game Zone 9.8 out of 10 98.0%
1UP 8.5 out of 10 85.0%

Anyone seen it in stores yet? :)
Nov 11, 2002
19 posts
There will be no PC release for Jade Empire. You don't need any mysterious sources to verify this, just check the official website for the game:

http://jade.bioware.com/forums/viewtopi ... 5&forum=79

When is the PC version coming out?

There are no plans for a PC version. Unlike Knights of the Old Republic, which was designed from the ground up to be on both the PC and the Xbox, Jade Empire is being designed only for the Xbox and has no considerations for the PC. It will be an exclusive Xbox-only title.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)