• Sep 20th, 2019 11:45 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
2663 posts
3943 upvotes
London, Ontario

[Xbox Live] Mass Effect 2-3 dlc 70% off - $2.09-$4.49

Both of these games and all of their dlc are backwards compatible. I don't know if these are the lowest prices as I don't know where to check for 360 games. Storeparser isn't showing any price history for this stuff, but it's a great discount and a great price for the dlc. Enjoy!

Mass Effect 2 dlc:

Arrival $2.09
Kasumi - Stolen Memory $2.09
Lair of the Shadow Broker $2.99
Overlord $2.09

Mass Effect 3 dlc:

Citadel (1 of 2 - 2 is free with 1) $4.49
From Ashes $2.99
Leviathan $2.99
Omega $4.49
11 replies
Jul 3, 2015
235 posts
503 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Ooh. Now that I think about it, I don't think I played through all of Mass Effect 3's DLCs. I played through all of 'em in the prior two games, but never the third.

I was always waiting for them to go on sale before buying and playing 'em, and then...I completely forgot about 'em.

The actual 10-15 minutes of the ending aside, the majority of Mass Effect 3 was pretty damn good. Those last few minutes can't take away from me that the whole game itself was a good way to end the franchise as it closed a lot of character arcs.

As mediocre as Andromeda was, that initial Mass Effect trilogy is still one of my favourite series and one of my favourite new franchises to come out of the previous console gen.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14503 posts
3768 upvotes
Really wish they would just remaster the whole thing, or at least offer a rerelease with all the DLC.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13492 posts
4000 upvotes
Toronto
Why isn't this free? These games are ancient, Mass Effect 2 is literally 10 years old.
Jan 1, 2010
384 posts
357 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: Why isn't this free? These games are ancient, Mass Effect 2 is literally 10 years old.
Um, its published by EA. That should explain everything.
Dec 13, 2012
746 posts
449 upvotes
TORONTO
Thanks OP. Bought used copy of ME3 off eBay last month for $5 as I always wanted to finish up the trilogy. Are all these ME3 DLCs worth it or anyone of these a must play?
Jan 1, 2010
384 posts
357 upvotes
lbmeyer wrote: Thanks OP. Bought used copy of ME3 off eBay last month for $5 as I always wanted to finish up the trilogy. Are all these ME3 DLCs worth it or anyone of these a must play?
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/dead-psn ... e-1917449/

This is for the PS3 version, however some people chimed in about which DLC is good etc.

@Lone_Prodigy wanted it remastered even back then lol.
Oct 26, 2012
740 posts
976 upvotes
lbmeyer wrote: Thanks OP. Bought used copy of ME3 off eBay last month for $5 as I always wanted to finish up the trilogy. Are all these ME3 DLCs worth it or anyone of these a must play?
I'd say all but Omega and Citadel impact the story but I still think you should get all of them. Here's a quick blurb while being spoiler free:

From Ashes - I'm convinced this was cut content thrown in a DLC. You get a Prothean squadmate who has regular lines and full on conversation (unlike Kasumi and Zaeed from ME2 for example), and like many of the main characters, will provide insightful lines with other squadmates and in certain missions. Must have.
Leviathan - Provides more lore and helps clarify some Galactic history.... it's all I'll say. Must have as well (although you can see videos do get this lore, playing it is a lot of fun).

Now for the non-essential:
Omega - Aria returns and you defend the station against a Cerberus attack, that much we know from the trailers of it. It has no real main story consequence, but you see more Aria, have lots of fun firefights, and learn a couple of new bonus skills that are fun!
Citadel - Probably the most fun DLC I've ever played in any game. A lot of it is a parody of itself and you see many recurring people/previous squadmates. LOTS of content, filled with humor and callbacks, decently long, and adds a new permanent map with things to do. Think of it as one giant break from saving the galaxy. No impact on the story whatsoever, but you get one of the more fun weapons and you're missing out on a lot of laughs, it's pretty much a must have for anyone seriously invested in the story and characters.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2008
2469 posts
931 upvotes
North York
Kurtz7834 wrote: Why isn't this free? These games are ancient, Mass Effect 2 is literally 10 years old.
because it costs money to develop software.... *
Last edited by MrDisco on Sep 17th, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: rude
Oct 26, 2012
740 posts
976 upvotes
Moeeed wrote: because it costs money to develop software.... *
Plenty of games have come out with Game Of The Year editions which include base game + all DLCs. The fact that these 10+ year old DLCs are still regularly the same price as it was on launch is laughable.
Last edited by fatcowxlive on Sep 17th, 2019 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1081 posts
1265 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
fatcowxlive wrote: Citadel - Probably the most fun DLC I've ever played in any game.
Yep, Citadel was awesome. Reminded me of playing FF7 back in the day and just travelling to Golden Saucer and doing all the games/miniquests with the various characters.
Feb 17, 2017
160 posts
33 upvotes
I've hoped for a PC deal on this stuff for ages... The Bioware points is a dead system... :(