XBox One games downloaded

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2020 7:12 pm
[OP]
Jan 29, 2020
11 posts
3 upvotes

XBox One games downloaded

Question. I had an XBox One with about a dozen bought games, stolen last August long weekend in a break in. Looking on kijiji for a replacement package deal. There was a couple ads with a digital download collection but I’m wondering whether these are tied to the seller’s account and I wouldn’t be able to use them. I’ve never had an xBox Live account myself. Thought I read somewhere digital downloads were single user things.
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7969 posts
2455 upvotes
The seller would have to give you their email address, password and their XBox Live Gamertag for digital games on their account
to work.
CatManDo1959 wrote: Question. I had an XBox One with about a dozen bought games, stolen last August long weekend in a break in. Looking on kijiji for a replacement package deal. There was a couple ads with a digital download collection but I’m wondering whether these are tied to the seller’s account and I wouldn’t be able to use them. I’ve never had an xBox Live account myself. Thought I read somewhere digital downloads were single user things.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9054 posts
1391 upvotes
Victoria
Don't digital games license on your primary console and your gamertag? That way anyone else using your primary console can also access the games on it. Thus they might work, but I'm not sure what happens if the sellers changes his primary console to another one?