Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7514 posts
360 upvotes
Vancouver

Xbox one issues?

Ugh. Two days I contacted Xbox regarding an issue. He had me basically reset everything except the games. The console runs so much faster but I can't see any of my apps! They all say "queued" 0%, as well no icons showing each app I have or had. Ugh

Any idea how to fix this?
8 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7514 posts
360 upvotes
Vancouver
What a mess. The issue after the tech had me reset my console is that much of the stuff I had was an external hdd. What a mess.

As they say, "if it ain't really broke, don't try and fix it", really does apply to me. The console runs much quicker but games and apps have no place to install currently.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2006
1400 posts
241 upvotes
Do you still have the external HDD attached?
If not then, Is the internal HDD set as Default drive to install on?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7514 posts
360 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for replying. When the tech guided me through resetting neither him nor me mentioned anything about my ext. hdd. And games and apps were installed there.

So I've since formatted the drive and made it my default. So i think I have to reinstall all the games and apps. Except the ones which were originally placed on the internal. This was before I got the external drive.

All in all I think a pain. I have learned though. My next Xbox will have the most storage poaaible. Nit sure an external is a good idea.

Thoughts?
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2006
1400 posts
241 upvotes
But it's odd that they are all queued at 0%. Maybe remove the external drive and see if they will start to install on the internal drive.
If you formatted the external drive you would need to reinstall. See if you can clear the queue first before installing on the newly formatted drive.
FWIW, I've never had any problems with installing/running on my external drive.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7514 posts
360 upvotes
Vancouver
But have you ever reset your Xbox?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4690 posts
592 upvotes
Ive had a ton of little issues like this over the past few months and I dont know if it has anything to do with my involvement in the preview program.

Last night for example I wanted to give ME:A a shot and it prompted me for an update that I couldnt download and I couldnt see the item in my games and apps. I tried a hard reset but that did not work and then just gave up and played Zelda.

A few weeks ago it literally would not let me load any games unless I was online despite being online, several hard resets later it worked but it was a waste of about a half hour of my time.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3037 posts
591 upvotes
Toronto
Interesting.. I've switched Xboxes (old 500GB fat one to a 1TB fat elite one), but kept the games installed in an external drive, and had no problems with the newer Xbox recognizing the games from the drive
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2006
1400 posts
241 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 10:51 am
But have you ever reset your Xbox?
I've reset it once and my external drive kept the game data.

SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 11:04 am
Ive had a ton of little issues like this over the past few months and I dont know if it has anything to do with my involvement in the preview program.

Last night for example I wanted to give ME:A a shot and it prompted me for an update that I couldnt download and I couldnt see the item in my games and apps. I tried a hard reset but that did not work and then just gave up and played Zelda.

A few weeks ago it literally would not let me load any games unless I was online despite being online, several hard resets later it worked but it was a waste of about a half hour of my time.
I'm not sure if it's the preview, but i'm experiencing issues with installations. If my external drive is ~80%full (2tb drive) nothing new will install on it. I keep the external drive at ~60% full now.