PC & Video Games

Xbox One/Receiver/Projector connection question

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2019 2:49 pm
Jan 4, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote

Xbox One/Receiver/Projector connection question

Hope someone can provide guidance on setting up Xbox One and Cable box to basement projector.

Had projector setup via Component through receiver to play old Xbox 360 but now have Xbox One so only HDMI connection available (worked fine). For some reason my projector is not picking up signal with Xbox One or Cable Box via HDMI through the same receiver. I believe the problem is with the receiver based on the testing below:

-Xbox One and Cable box work when directly connected to Projector via HDMI (just video since projector doesn't have speakers)
-Interchanged/tested all the HDMI cables to confirm it's NOT the cables
-Tried plugging in device(s) into receiver line IN on every HDMI port (Video, Game, SATV, DVD etc...) but still no signal
-Cycled through Projector inputs (obviously HDMI is what I want)
-Receiver line OUT is ARC enabled
-When directly connected via HDMI, the Projector displays Cable TV and Xbox One in 720P perfectly (older projector)

Thanks in advance!
1 reply
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
mcho69 wrote: Hope someone can provide guidance on setting up Xbox One and Cable box to basement projector.

Had projector setup via Component through receiver to play old Xbox 360 but now have Xbox One so only HDMI connection available (worked fine). For some reason my projector is not picking up signal with Xbox One or Cable Box via HDMI through the same receiver. I believe the problem is with the receiver based on the testing below:

-Xbox One and Cable box work when directly connected to Projector via HDMI (just video since projector doesn't have speakers)
-Interchanged/tested all the HDMI cables to confirm it's NOT the cables
-Tried plugging in device(s) into receiver line IN on every HDMI port (Video, Game, SATV, DVD etc...) but still no signal
-Cycled through Projector inputs (obviously HDMI is what I want)
-Receiver line OUT is ARC enabled
-When directly connected via HDMI, the Projector displays Cable TV and Xbox One in 720P perfectly (older projector)

Thanks in advance!
Sounds like a handshake issue with possible variants in the HDMI spec and your receiver. Which receiver and projector do you own?

I bought JVC 4K projector last year with an updated Denon receiver. Everything worked as it should except PS4 Pro. It would not display at 4K with HDR etc. No matter what I tried, Sony blamed Denon and Denon blamed Sony. I tended to believe Denon, as every other device behaved properly included the Xbox One X. I ended up having to get an HD Fury which fixes handshake and other issues between devices. I ran PS4 HDMI to this device and from device into the Denon. After a couple of tweaks with app, problem was solved and I was off to the races. https://www.hdfury.com/ Contact their customer support team with your specific situation, with model numbers etc. and they will guide you to the right device. They may try and get you buy the most expensive, which you do not need. Ask them which device other than that would fix your situation.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)