None
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
6715 posts
1002 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
signore wrote:
Feb 25th, 2014 9:24 am
Titanfall is the first PS4/Xbox One game that is a system seller.
Titanfall is not available on the PS4
Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC only
Mar 16, 2007
617 posts
59 upvotes
Desperate times already. With Second Sun and MLB The Show coming up, MS had to do something to stop the early bleeding. This move will help regain some market share.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1318 posts
291 upvotes
kcorscadden wrote:
Feb 24th, 2014 5:28 pm
Seriously? So a console/controller painted in Titanfall is the pushing over point? It's all cosmetics in the end, same equipment.

Maybe it's just me but those kind of bundles are ugly as heck and in a few yrs (assuming the console lasts that long), you'll be kicking yourself. Again that's just me/
Agree with this... in a year or two you'll be happier to have the standard console as branded consoles/accessories tend to look kind of tacky after a while.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1318 posts
291 upvotes
SpectralMeat wrote:
Feb 25th, 2014 9:30 am
Titanfall is not available on the PS4
Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC only
I know... just saying that it's the first system seller on 'next gen' consoles, and so it's a natural/obvious move to have a bundle.
Banned
Jul 29, 2013
3588 posts
192 upvotes
Not to twist the knife you've been stabbed with, but you guys should have all known this was coming. A price cut in 3 months after launch is unprecedented, yes, but in this case not unexpected given the disastrous relative performance of X1. There were calls from day one to cut the price,and those calls only got louder. It doesn't' make sense to charge a 25% premium for a machine that is 50% less powerful then it's direct competitor.

Believe me, Microsoft is not blind to the fact they are behind by almost 40% (despite their desperate attempts to fudge the numbers), and even before accounting for Japan (a market they have no hope of penetrating, they had to literally withdraw 360 last gen). On top of that, most gamers aren't really interested in an under-powered, over-priced machine whose only real game appears to be an online-only 6v6 simplified version of a Call of Duty with a sci-fi setting.

That's doesn't exactly scream "system-seller!" - more so when the same game runs on the last gen console at the same resolution: 720p. And also is available on three different platforms. That doesn't really qualify as a system seller, and Microsoft seems to know this, hence the price drop and throwing the game in for free.

Should not be a surprise to anyone really.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
2372 posts
276 upvotes
GTA
TheBatManRising wrote:
Feb 25th, 2014 9:41 am
a machine that is 50% less powerful then it's direct competitor
While I always enjoy fanboys warring over religion, this quote is just silly

When is Best Buy going to list this bundle ? I got a bunch of gift cards and this is cheaper than sending my son to march break camp
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1318 posts
291 upvotes
TheBatManRising wrote:
Feb 25th, 2014 9:41 am
Not to twist the knife you've been stabbed with, but you guys should have all known this was coming. A price cut in 3 months after launch is unprecedented, yes, but in this case not unexpected given the disastrous relative performance of X1. There were calls from day one to cut the price,and those calls only got louder. It doesn't' make sense to charge a 25% premium for a machine that is 50% less powerful then it's direct competitor.

Believe me, Microsoft is not blind to the fact they are behind by almost 40% (despite their desperate attempts to fudge the numbers), and even before accounting for Japan (a market they have no hope of penetrating, they had to literally withdraw 360 last gen). On top of that, most gamers aren't really interested in an under-powered, over-priced machine whose only real game appears to be an online-only 6v6 simplified version of a Call of Duty with a sci-fi setting.

That's doesn't exactly scream "system-seller!" - more so when the same game runs on the last gen console at the same resolution: 720p. And also is available on three different platforms. That doesn't really qualify as a system seller, and Microsoft seems to know this, hence the price drop and throwing the game in for free.

Should not be a surprise to anyone really.
Spoken like a true fanboy. To your credit, at least were stealth about it initially.

Keep telling yourself that about Titanfall, while the entire gaming community (journalists/consumers) will not stop raving about it from the press events and beta.

This thread may be a new low for RFD... users complaining about a deal.
Nov 21, 2012
244 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
What price cut people are talking about? What is this early adopters remorse happening here. They decided to bundle one game and that's considered a "price cut"? Get real, Titanfall will be used as the first big push for the new Xbox. I am thinking the 360 version will not going to be as full featured as the next-gen one thus making people make the switch sooner than later.

People are raving about the game all over the internet and this by just playing on two maps only, there is more to come. The bundle is good. MS is working hard on fixing issues and shortcomings and its shaping up to be really great. Twitch.tv integration is coming for the launch of Titanfall as well for those who are interested in streaming
Banned
Jul 29, 2013
3588 posts
192 upvotes
signore wrote:
Feb 25th, 2014 9:49 am
Spoken like a true fanboy. To your credit, at least were stealth about it initially.
A true fan-boy is someone who accuses everyone who disagrees with them as being a "fanboy".
signore wrote:
Keep telling yourself that about Titanfall, while the entire gaming community (journalists/consumers) will not stop raving about it from the press events and beta.
Keep telling yourself that Titanfall will save Xbox1 even though Microsoft themselves are not as confident about that, hence the price cut and free game (I've found most MS fanboys are marked by being even more unrealsticially optimistic than Microsoft itself). This sort of fan-boy delusion is not really healthy.

Why do you think a small-scale multi-player only third-party titles that is multiplatform will make X1 catch up to PS4? And if this is so "obvious" since the "the entire gaming community (journalists/consumers) will not stop raving about it", why did MS feel compelled to drop the price and throw in the game for free? I don't know what community you're part of, but what I read in the press is that a 6v6 third-party multiplatform game is not enough to turn things around, and Microsoft seems to agree with that.

As with most fanboys, you are more optimistic than Microsoft itself. :-0
signore wrote:
This thread may be a new low for RFD... users complaining about a deal.
Users have every right to discuss the pro's and cons of a deal, why is that "forbidden"? It may offend your fan-boy tendencies, but that doesn't mean we should be forced to censor ourselves in order to protect the delicate fan-boy ego you hold :lol:

If you want to do a MS fanboy fight about how TitanFall is the greatest thing since sliced bread, fine, but do it in the video game section, not the deals section.
Oct 12, 2003
521 posts
74 upvotes
Moose Jaw
So many PS fanbois in an Xbox One thread, oh yeah they have no lives
Feb 15, 2010
386 posts
192 upvotes
Surrey
Yragorn wrote:
Feb 25th, 2014 12:45 am
you have a warranty....
I fail to see the issue with this. You have a legitimate reason to return it to the store since it's still withing 30 days. Then you can wait and pickup the Titanfall bundle and get a free game. Seriously; what's the issue? The kinect is broken, products fail out of the gate or they wont, and most people don't even use the kinect.

As for the fanboy remarks in this thread under the guise as "legitimate criticism" did you miss the mod comment at the beginning of the thread?
Nov 9, 2010
444 posts
309 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I don't see any price cut or un-bundling Kinect in the near future. The price cut in the UK was probably due to unexpectedly low sales in that region (iirc). As others have noted, the console is still selling quite well worldwide as is. All this talk of "abysmal" sales makes no sense when they've clearly had a good few months. They don't need to "beat" Sony to still have a successful console.

Titanfall will no doubt ship units. Whether it's as significant as it's being hyped up to be remains to be seen, but for now definitely the best deal if you're in the market for One.
Banned
Jul 29, 2013
3588 posts
192 upvotes
TedEdFred wrote:
Feb 25th, 2014 10:16 am
So many PS fanbois in an Xbox One thread, oh yeah they have no lives
If you own an X1 and are annoyed that the price dropped so soon (although, to be fair, I don't think it should be a surprise), how does that make you a PS "fanboi"?

Microsoft also has doubts that Titanfall may not move much hardware (rightly so, a third-party mutliplatform title that is online-only is not exactly a mass-market appeal type game), hence they are dropping the price and throwing the game in for free. Is it desperate? For sure, but good for them, they need to do whatever it takes to catch up, and the Japan first-day sales of PS4 are simply adding fuel to the already disastrous fire. Is Microsoft a "PS fanboi" for being realistic about TitanFalls prospects (although MS fanboys think it's the Second Coming) and giving the game for free with a price cut? That's smart business on their part, not being a "PS fanboi".

The deal is what it is. You don't need to be "offended" by it, and accuse people of being "fanbois".
Mar 26, 2011
694 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
I never quite understood people's reservations about giving credit where credit is due. Its not that difficult.

1.) Yes, Sony is outselling Microsoft by a hearty margin (about 3:2).
2.) The fact that both new consoles released almost simultaneously and managed to sell almost 10 million units under 3 months shows an incredible amount of interest in the console market. Good for everyone who cares about the console market.
3.) No, the Xbox One is not selling poorly despite being in "last place". Microsoft's 3+ million so far is in better shape than the first Xbox, Xbox 360, Gamecube, Wii U, etc. So all things considered, its not Nokia Ngage numbers we're talking about here. We're talking about the guy who won the Bronze in a race with Usain Bolt. He's not a "failure".
4.) No one wants to be in last place, but Sony's PS3 was in last place for the majority of the last generation and aside from the usual "fanboys", it is not considered a "failure".

Does that mean people can't criticize? Of course they can, but is the above that difficult? It would lead to far better dialogue.
× < >