• Jul 23rd, 2017 10:37 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4692 posts
1492 upvotes
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 10:11 am
I did a trade in similar to this last year (actually I think I ended up paying 75$ and got 3 free games and didnt have to give up a controller).

The upgrade is worth it, the form factor is much nicer and way more convenient to move around and travel with thanks to its small size and lack of power brick. If you have a 4K TV the upgrade to a 4K blu-ray player, UHD Netflix and the addition of HDR are great and totally worth it.

There is also a small uptick in framerates/dynamic resolutions but I cant say I've ever been able to tell any sort of difference.

Overall I think if you can take advantage of this deal if you can, even if you dont care about this things featured above as others mentioned you do get an additional year on your warranty.
Not to mention also a better chance of trading the Xbox One S for the Xbox One X when promo's come up in the fall/winter.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
1347 posts
680 upvotes
Windsor
Still debating whether I should trade in my COD edition 1TB XB1. I have a 1TB one S from last year‘s deal and I want to replace this one as well.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1347 posts
545 upvotes
Hamilton
I have the Xbox One S but I also have a 4k tv so it made sense. Traded in my original xbox for it. No regrets.
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
13970 posts
3070 upvotes
Dpack22 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 10:48 am
I have the Xbox One S but I also have a 4k tv so it made sense. Traded in my original xbox for it. No regrets.
I ran out of ports on my 4K set. Will have to figure something out when the X comes out. Maybe a switch if any pass the HDR. Few do at this point. I want to keep my Panasonic 4K UHD player on the port that supports HDR but the TV I have only allows HDR on one port. Now all we need is some actual 4K HDR enabled games...