Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

XFX Radeon R9 295X2 $1,119.99 (Tigerdirect.ca or NCIX)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2014 7:39 pm
Tags:
None
19 replies
Nov 15, 2013
752 posts
469 upvotes
Toronto
Eh, such a hard decision... 1.1k for a GPU that is dropping in price already... hmmm. so hard. Uh I guess I'll pass.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
2194 posts
1106 upvotes
London
TheLumina wrote: Eh, such a hard decision... 1.1k for a GPU that is dropping in price already... hmmm. so hard. Uh I guess I'll pass.
^ Agreed.

Why spend so much on a GPU like this when something like a 7950/7970 or gtx 760-780 gets you through fine for most things at a fraction of the price? When necessary to upgrade, I'm sure the price of this will be a LOT less. Makes no sense to purchase this...
May 1, 2007
131 posts
29 upvotes
Brampton
TheLumina wrote: Eh, such a hard decision... 1.1k for a GPU that is dropping in price already... hmmm. so hard. Uh I guess I'll pass.
Ya, tough; especially that the new cards are coming out in just over a week.

The only reason I have decided to buy this is because of space/cooling. I want 4 gpus, but craming 4 physical cards in a motherboard is such a pain (cooling and space wise / audio card).

Its gonna be a while for AMD / Nvidia to come out with a 2-in-1 card, so I decided to pull the trigger.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1550 posts
1130 upvotes
Toronto
You only need this card if you wanna game at 4K
Nov 26, 2013
34 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Does it run FPS crossfire pretty well?
variables:
- template: 'variables/version-variables.yml'
- name: version.revision
value: $[counter(variables['devRevision'], 1)]
- name: versionNumber
value: $(version.major).$(version.minor).$(version.revision)
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1485 posts
3240 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
This deal is cold as balls considering that most of us RFDers are cheap bastards!

You can buy a slave from Kenya for that price.
Dec 15, 2013
61 posts
15 upvotes
NORTH YORK
mediumsteak wrote: This deal is cold as balls considering that most of us RFDers are cheap bastards!

You can buy a slave from Kenya for that price.
Purchased 2 thanks !!! Shipping was expensive as I expected just hope they make it through customs .
Nov 15, 2013
752 posts
469 upvotes
Toronto
mediumsteak wrote: You can buy a slave from Kenya for that price.
But will that get you 100 FPS on ultra? That is the question...
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
2249 posts
704 upvotes
Toronto
Life's tough decisions... Buy an ultra-high-end videocard, or a car from the opposite end of the spectrum, for the same price...
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3929 posts
2259 upvotes
Looks like the card is sold out... Wow... People have money to spend. I noticed most Canadian retailers are not dropping the price of these cards.
Dec 23, 2006
81 posts
30 upvotes
Victoria
Will it run Minecraft on high?
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2011
2638 posts
1167 upvotes
ORR you can get two 290x's and CF them yourself, and even watercool it and it'll be cheaper than this..
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
4311 posts
443 upvotes
Thornhill / North Yo…
Guess it's good if you're trying to build a super high end gaming system in a mini-ITX case (given that the card and cooler fit).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)