Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Xiaomi Xiaofang 1080p Smart Wifi IP "Small Square" Camera : $19.69 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2019 2:04 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
brownstein wrote: This hack is completely reversible, they run everything off the SD card. All it does is add one script to the camera itself. Read that link I posted, not the thread that was originally linked here about the hack. It works great; the only problem I am running into is with Home Assistant. HA picks up the RTSP feed but will only show snapshots on the frontend; it will not bring up the video stream.
With the hack will the camera integrate with SmartThings hub?
Thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2005
1488 posts
636 upvotes
brownstein wrote: This hack is completely reversible, they run everything off the SD card. All it does is add one script to the camera itself. Read that link I posted, not the thread that was originally linked here about the hack. It works great; the only problem I am running into is with Home Assistant. HA picks up the RTSP feed but will only show snapshots on the frontend; it will not bring up the video stream.
Thanks. I plan on trying this with ZM when it's a bit more stable. I assume you are running on 2.x firmware because of the changes with 3.x?
May 24, 2003
777 posts
130 upvotes
Yes, I am still 2.x firmware. I don't like using the Mi Home app or any of their proprietary stuff so I loaded this firmware on right away to enable RTSP stream. I have stopped following progress for now as it is still extremely new. I plan to check back in a month or so to see how it has evolved.
May 24, 2003
777 posts
130 upvotes
lifeisfuneh wrote: With the hack will the camera integrate with SmartThings hub?
Thanks
I do not use SmartThings, so I am not sure but I imagine if SmartThings supports RTSP streams it will work. I am using this camera with Home Assistant running on a Pi 3. So far I can see the snapshots of the stream but live feed is not working for some reason. It is noted on the Home Assistant forums though so hopefully it gets worked out eventually. Not super concerned about it yet because the camera is just pointing at my 3D printer for now so a snapshot every 10 sec or so is fine for me.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
brownstein wrote: I do not use SmartThings, so I am not sure but I imagine if SmartThings supports RTSP streams it will work. I am using this camera with Home Assistant running on a Pi 3. So far I can see the snapshots of the stream but live feed is not working for some reason. It is noted on the Home Assistant forums though so hopefully it gets worked out eventually. Not super concerned about it yet because the camera is just pointing at my 3D printer for now so a snapshot every 10 sec or so is fine for me.
Thanks for the feedback!
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2005
1030 posts
488 upvotes
Markham
brownstein wrote: I do not use SmartThings, so I am not sure but I imagine if SmartThings supports RTSP streams it will work. I am using this camera with Home Assistant running on a Pi 3. So far I can see the snapshots of the stream but live feed is not working for some reason. It is noted on the Home Assistant forums though so hopefully it gets worked out eventually. Not super concerned about it yet because the camera is just pointing at my 3D printer for now so a snapshot every 10 sec or so is fine for me.
The SmartThings developer community has already created a generic RTSP device handler and SmartApp. Check this release in the forums: https://community.smartthings.com/t/rel ... ming/45657
Last edited by Hobbesgsr on Jan 21st, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 17, 2012
547 posts
617 upvotes
Red Deer
If anyone is interested, they updated the iPhone app and now all the menu stuff are in English.

Thanks Trump?

/S
Images
  • IMG_0184.PNG
  • IMG_0185.PNG
Jan 15, 2017
156 posts
237 upvotes
Jeeverz wrote: If anyone is interested, they updated the iPhone app and now all the menu stuff are in English.

Thanks Trump?

/S
Wow the video is clear. Can't wait to get mines.
Nov 27, 2016
140 posts
68 upvotes
I ordered yesterday, got email from Tinydeal " Urgent! Credit/Debit Card Payment Confirmation" Thanks for purchase. For security reason, please confirm this payment of order
We just want to make sure that you are the credit card holder.
Could you just send us the credit card picture with last four numbers and your name on it ? Please cover other important information.
Note: Please hold the card with your hand when you take pictures by phone or camera. The Scanned or PDF file is not acceptable.Please do not use software to edit or reduce the size of your pictures.

is this legitimate?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
supermaster wrote: I ordered yesterday, got email from Tinydeal " Urgent! Credit/Debit Card Payment Confirmation" Thanks for purchase. For security reason, please confirm this payment of order
We just want to make sure that you are the credit card holder.
Could you just send us the credit card picture with last four numbers and your name on it ? Please cover other important information.
Note: Please hold the card with your hand when you take pictures by phone or camera. The Scanned or PDF file is not acceptable.Please do not use software to edit or reduce the size of your pictures.

is this legitimate?
I wouldn't risk it for a $20 item, try a different Asian website that sells it.
Nov 27, 2016
140 posts
68 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: I wouldn't risk it for a $20 item, try a different Asian website that sells it.
Thanks Jim, it's funny I only used my visa debit and they ask a photo for it....
Nov 21, 2009
907 posts
255 upvotes
Surrey
supermaster wrote: Thanks Jim, it's funny I only used my visa debit and they ask a photo for it....
Order from Fasttech with the coupon "redpacket". comes down to $23.10. They say they won't ship until Feb4th ish though due to holidays. Other people were having shipment delay issues, so be aware of that too.
Nov 21, 2009
907 posts
255 upvotes
Surrey
Jimboski wrote: Do you know when that coupon code will expire?
27th. it was from an email that they sent. 15% off code for the new years.
Oct 26, 2015
86 posts
79 upvotes
What is the best site to order from? I would rather pay a little more for a more reliable service.
Apr 20, 2006
182 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Deadlystrafe wrote: What is the best site to order from? I would rather pay a little more for a more reliable service.
I ordered from aliexpress and i get to Toronto in 14 days..
Banned
Jan 23, 2017
30 posts
64 upvotes
so is this a real deal xiaomi product? seem to be conflicting posts about this thing
Jan 29, 2004
500 posts
413 upvotes
ssy080 wrote: Order from Fasttech with the coupon "redpacket". comes down to $23.10. They say they won't ship until Feb4th ish though due to holidays. Other people were having shipment delay issues, so be aware of that too.

thank you, ordered!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18697 posts
5729 upvotes
bigpiece wrote: I ordered from aliexpress and i get to Toronto in 14 days..
you have the link?

did anyone setup the panaroma view without any issue?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)