None
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
10783 posts
3180 upvotes
Oakville
pimpilsang wrote:
Oct 27th, 2016 1:58 pm
thanx for responses. Also considering Xiaomu Dreami store on Aliexpress.
Offtop: funny that often quoted and referred to Gsmarena is Bulgaria (Eastern Europe) based. You can actually spot some cyrillic writings on their sample pics. Doesn't really matter but rather surprising :)
They've got a ton of positive feedback, so other than the standard China Gadget Store caveats (slow shipping, terrible customer service) they look like they'll be fine.
Nov 20, 2013
63 posts
9 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Right now Geekbuying seems the cheapest (216cad VS 240+cad)
Goofball, you wrote
goofball wrote:
Sep 25th, 2016 10:27 am
I have the Kenzo model from geekbuyng
however, I couldn't find 150mm model there, this one is 152mm (thus its Kate, according to specifications, mentioned earlier. What is the Kate-Kenzo difference except for measurements? I can see some specs differ, but don't understand anyway :)
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11221 posts
946 upvotes
Kanata
pimpilsang wrote:
Oct 27th, 2016 4:58 pm
Right now Geekbuying seems the cheapest (216cad VS 240+cad)
Goofball, you wrote
goofball wrote:
Sep 25th, 2016 10:27 am
I have the Kenzo model from geekbuyng
however, I couldn't find 150mm model there, this one is 152mm (thus its Kate, according to specifications, mentioned earlier. What is the Kate-Kenzo difference except for measurements? I can see some specs differ, but don't understand anyway :)
This is what I bought

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-R ... 69190.html
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11221 posts
946 upvotes
Kanata
Yes, International = Kate model which is 152mm

I didn't buy Kate, I bought the Kenzo model.
Nov 1, 2001
979 posts
45 upvotes
Any thoughts on the Note 4 for $50 more? I know it's a heliotek processor but it gets good reviews.
Don't need the latest/greatest and will be going from a Samsung Note 2 so either one will be an upgrade.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11221 posts
946 upvotes
Kanata
Kaz wrote:
Oct 28th, 2016 1:32 pm
Any thoughts on the Note 4 for $50 more? I know it's a heliotek processor but it gets good reviews.
Don't need the latest/greatest and will be going from a Samsung Note 2 so either one will be an upgrade.
Redmi Note 4 is good if you don't care about custom rom's. It has the 4GB/64GB version while still having the option for SD card.
The camera would appear to be the same, so not very good.
It moves the speaker to be on the bottom and the USB port to be in the middle. Those things don't bother me much where they are but might be important to some.
Dec 30, 1969
154 posts
96 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Anyone got any case suggestions for the slightly larger version?
Dec 23, 2012
14 posts
1 upvote
Fredericton
I don't see band 4 LTE on that version am I missing something? I thought the Kenzo had it?
Sep 5, 2011
162 posts
50 upvotes
What kind of Antutu benchmark numbers are people getting?

The results below are for a 3GB/32GB kate edition running Nexus Experience ROM 10.4

I was getting around ~75,000 with Antutu v6.2.1 on MIUI 8 (6.10.13) Developer ROM but reflashing with the Nexus Experience ROM v10.4 produces even better performance results (83,077)

If you're interested, you can use these instructions to load the ROM onto the phone.

There are reports the Goodix fingerprint sensor will not work with this ROM but a few users claim they have the Goodix sensor and the fingerprint reader works just fine. My phone has the other fingerprint reader model. VoLTE also doesn't work with this ROM.

You will need an unlocked bootloader. It took several tries before I successfully installed this ROM and each time it failed (with Decryption Unsuccessful error or a bootloop), I had to reflash with the MIUI developer ROM, unlock the bootloader using MiFlashUnlock (I don't understand why flash_all.bat on the developer ROM relocked the bootloader), reinstalling TWRP (alka edition), boot to TWRP recovery, Wipe the system, data, cache, install NX ROM, ARM64 Gapps (pick your edition), Kate Radios, clear the Davlik and Davlik cache, and reboot. I'm not certain this helped but when I switched to the ARM64 Google Apps micro edition (instead of stock edition) and I powered off the phone, removed the microSD that contained the images (replacing it with my second SIM card) before booting into the new installation, it succeeded.

With the micro edition of ARM64 Google Apps it took about a minute or two for the spinning icon to morph into the word "android" and the installation to proceed. I'm not sure how long the icons are supposed to be spinning when you install the larger ARM64 Google Apps images (a few minutes, 10 minutes, or 30 minutes?) before you can tell the installation has failed and it's really bootlooping.
Nov 1, 2001
979 posts
45 upvotes
I took the plunge and ordered the note 4 from goldway as the seem to have very good reviews.
Just over $270 shipped via DHL.
Looking forward to giving it a spin..
Nov 20, 2013
63 posts
9 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Ordered from Aliexpress "Xiaomi online store" couple of days ago.
This is my first purchase on Ali. No letter (inbox or spam) from seller about making sure it will work in Canada and it says "Awaiting Shipment, Processing Time remaining: 5 days 9 hours" - is it common?
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
10783 posts
3180 upvotes
Oakville
pimpilsang wrote:
Nov 1st, 2016 3:57 pm
This is my first purchase on Ali. No letter (inbox or spam) from seller about making sure it will work in Canada and it says "Awaiting Shipment, Processing Time remaining: 5 days 9 hours" - is it common?
1 - Just because it has Xiaomi in the name, doesn't necessarily mean it's an official Xiaomi store
2 - No Aliexpress seller is going to send you a message to make sure it will work in Canada. They don't care, they'll ship you something with zero Canadian compatibility if it means a sale for them. And yes, processing times can be exceedingly long on Ali.
Nov 1, 2001
979 posts
45 upvotes
wearysky wrote:
Nov 1st, 2016 4:19 pm
pimpilsang wrote:
Nov 1st, 2016 3:57 pm
1 - Just because it has Xiaomi in the name, doesn't necessarily mean it's an official Xiaomi store
2 - No Aliexpress seller is going to send you a message to make sure it will work in Canada. They don't care, they'll ship you something with zero Canadian compatibility if it means a sale for them. And yes, processing times can be exceedingly long on Ali.
I got a message from goldway asking me to make sure the note 4 would work in Canada. Very good customer service so far. Shipped yesterday and should be here friday.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11221 posts
946 upvotes
Kanata
rfder2011 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2016 9:39 am
What kind of Antutu benchmark numbers are people getting?
Around 84k with Beanstalk 7.1/AGNi 2.7.
Was around 83k with Xiaomi.eu 6.10.13/AGNi 2.6
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel