• Last Updated:
  • Aug 8th, 2017 2:44 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 3, 2015
865 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
I got a really nice one from Ali express. Don't have the link but search "aixuan cover Redmi note 3 pro."
I love my cover
Cheap 10 bucks.
Oct 11, 2007
220 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Test driving my note 3 pro kenzo. With Roger's and noticed this morning that I only get 4g connection. Is that normal? Should I see lte or h+ in the top status bar?

Thanks
Mar 7, 2011
69 posts
4 upvotes
Surrey
JohnS821 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2016 2:21 am
I got a really nice one from Ali express. Don't have the link but search "aixuan cover Redmi note 3 pro."
I love my cover
Cheap 10 bucks.
Thanks, it looks good. Ordered one. Now to wait 30+ days for it Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Oct 14, 2015
521 posts
327 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Kenzo version just got official CM14.1 nightly.
Galaxy S7 with Koodo $42 2GB plan
Feb 3, 2015
865 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
Just got my second one for my wife. She's impressed at how fast the phone is. Just don't drop or break the phone before the cover arrives.
Oct 11, 2007
220 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Second day and this thing is a beast. Battery life is awesome and device is very smooth. no issues with Roger's.
Sep 7, 2006
55 posts
8 upvotes
coo_rew wrote:
Dec 4th, 2016 12:03 am
To make your dual sim setup work, you need a phone that supports dual standby on Sim1(4G/3G) and Sim2(3G/2G). Currently most dual sim phones only support 4G/3G on Sim1 and then 2G on Sim2. Since you must designate the fido sim as data, it uses the 4G/3G Sim slot and Telus is relagated to 2G only which will then show you don't have a connection. The reverse situation works fine because Fido (Rogers) has the only remaining 2G network in Canada.

This is a software, not a hardware issue because you're in luck since you own a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro. If you flash the latest Global Developer ROM from Xiaomi, the phone should support your setup. This works on both the Kenzo and Kate versions. I am hoping that eventually this feature makes it into Global Stable Nougat ROM

Edit: I updated my ROM to the Global Developer from Global Stable and dual 4G+3G sims work (Freedom + Public Mobile). I have a Kate version. Used the phone software update to swap back and forth. Also this phone is totally worth it, 3G Band 4 (Freedom) works even though it wasn't advertised.

Forum information on 4G + 3G handsets (scroll to Redmi Note 3 Pro)

MIUI Rom - Global (Kenzo)

MIUI Rom - Global (Kate)

Flash at your own discretion
This phone just gets better and better-3g on the second sim opens up so many possibilities...

I couldn't flash using updater method, but used miflash with fastboot rom. I don't have the kate, I have kenzo. Sometimes I have trouble flashing even with miflash, but somewhere along the way I picked up a little cmd file called fastboot edl which I run before flashing, after phone is in fastboot mode (using rom that starts with "kenzo_global_images..."). Works great. Thx so much for posting this, I would never have known.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11302 posts
974 upvotes
Kanata
Certain kenzo are now getting the 8.1.1.0 MIUI Marshmallow beta stable OTA update.
Feb 3, 2015
865 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah the one I bought from geekbuying comes with MIUI 8.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11302 posts
974 upvotes
Kanata
JohnS821 wrote:
Dec 12th, 2016 5:50 pm
Yeah the one I bought from geekbuying comes with MIUI 8.
The one I received from Geekbuying was a custom modified rom, since the bootloader appeared to be unofficially unlocked.
Jun 17, 2013
240 posts
54 upvotes
goofball wrote:
Dec 12th, 2016 9:05 pm
The one I received from Geekbuying was a custom modified rom, since the bootloader appeared to be unofficially unlocked.
Same with one i got from gear best
Dec 25, 2016
2 posts
2 upvotes
Hey if anyone knows how to flash my phone to get it to work I'd pay generously. I've had it for months and no one knows how to get it right.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11302 posts
974 upvotes
Kanata
JarekP184682 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 8:31 pm
Hey if anyone knows how to flash my phone to get it to work I'd pay generously. I've had it for months and no one knows how to get it right.
A bit more information on what is wrong with it and what has been tried already would be helpful. Verify which version you have as there are several versions of the Redmi Note 3 Pro. There is a qualcomm and a mediatek version, and then there is a global version with a qualcomm which is 2mm taller than the china version.
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
12899 posts
8258 upvotes
Toronto
Bought a used Redmi Note 3 Pro from the RFD BST forum. It had a really flaky MIUI 7 ROM stuck on Lollipop . It wouldn't let me update. Also would open browser windows on its own, even after a full reset. I struggled with it until 3am one night but finally successfully installed global developer ROM.

Love it now. Buttery smooth, great battery life, nicer than TouchWiz. Strongly suggest you all move from stable ROM to developer one instead. I'm currently on MIUI8 ver 7.3.16
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus