Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Xiaomi Xiaofang 1080p Smart Wifi IP "Small Square" Camera : $19.69 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2019 2:04 pm
May 28, 2007
349 posts
328 upvotes
CALGARY
joelones wrote: This is best accomplished if you've got some basic command line skills and you are familiar with the vi editor, if not you'll have to make changes on a local machine and upload the changed files via ftp.

Changing the resolution:
The file to change is: /media/mmcblk0p2/data/etc/scripts/20-rtsp-server
You can either sftp or telnet (I suggest telnet with something like putty if you're on windows)

Credentials: (Telnetd on port 2323, user: root, password: ismart12)
So remove the line:
snx_rtsp_server -W 1920 -H 1080 -Q 10 -b 4096 -a >$LOG 2>&1 &
and add:
snx_rtsp_server -W 1280 -H 720 -Q 10 -b 2048 -a >$LOG 2>&1 &

Heat issue:
The file to change is: /media/mmcblk0p2/data/usr/bin/fang-ir-control.sh
Make the appropriate changes base on this: https://github.com/samtap/fang-hacks/co ... 06da2db0e4
You'll have to make the edits manually; red portion is what's removed, green what's added. Or you can just download the new file from github and upload it, probably easier than making manual edits.

Hope this helps.

Needless to say, but you should backup the files before you edit them.

Link to my guide.
Thanks for the greate write up.
I already had the hack setup, but this is exactly what was missing :)

Any idea about frame rate adjustment? A surveillance cam have no need for 25fps
10 FPS would be great to reduce lag, file size. Might also fix the 1080p issue some people are having.
Sep 25, 2007
558 posts
190 upvotes
milkmilk wrote: Thanks for the greate write up.
I already had the hack setup, but this is exactly what was missing :)

Any idea about frame rate adjustment? A surveillance cam have no need for 25fps
10 FPS would be great to reduce lag, file size. Might also fix the 1080p issue some people are having.

Code: Select all

snx_rtsp_server [-a] [-j mjpeg_qp] [-m] [-P RTSP port][-T RTSP/HTTP port][-Q queueSize] [-M groupaddress] [-b bitrate] [-W width] [-H height] [-F fps] [-i isp_fps] [device]
Yes, I would guess it's the -F switch, just add it to the appropriate line in 20-rtsp-server. Haven't tried it though.
Last edited by rdrexman on Mar 24th, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
May 28, 2007
349 posts
328 upvotes
CALGARY
nathan1314 wrote: I uploaded and replaced the new fang-ir-control.sh via ftp but now my ir (night vision) does not work. Is that suppose to be the case? In fang hacks under boot scripts it says 21-ir-control NOK.
Thanks for the great information.

Now I have another Error: Nothing is mounted on /media/mmcblk0p2! on my main fang hack page and unable to stream video on devices.

Can I take the sd card out format it with the image again and start fresh?
check if you saved/copied the file correctly. The file should be 1.46KB. Download the raw file exactly as it is. Not the webpage
You can fix it by just replacing the file again, you don't need to redo everything.
But if you wish so, you can always format and start over. Just make sure you delete both partitions and format the entire card.
May 28, 2007
349 posts
328 upvotes
CALGARY
joelones wrote:

Code: Select all

snx_rtsp_server [-a] [-j mjpeg_qp] [-m] [-P RTSP port][-T RTSP/HTTP port][-Q queueSize] [-M groupaddress] [-b bitrate] [-W width] [-H height] [-F fps] [-i isp_fps] [device]
Yes, I would guess it's the -F switch, just add it to the appropriate line in 20-rtsp-server. Haven't tried it though.
nice! thanks.
limiting -F 15 significantly improved lag time on blue iris.

Can't say about stability as I had no problem running the original 1080p frame rate
Nov 4, 2004
138 posts
106 upvotes
I received the shipment from FastTech today. I installed the FangHack so that I can use in my BlueIris system. The picture quality is very good considering it costs about $30 CAD. I also had a few of the old Xiaomi Yi camera @ 720p and the quality is significantly better @ 1080p. I will see how it goes for a few days given the overheating issue.
Nov 4, 2004
138 posts
106 upvotes
Also for people using BlueIris, how do you setup the audtio? I read through the Fang Hack but cannot figure it out.
Banned
Feb 13, 2017
951 posts
1283 upvotes
Hobbesgsr wrote: That's how it works out of the box...using Chinese servers.

I Googled Xiaomi server locations and there were a few articles from 2014 stating Xiaomi was moving their Smartphone servers out of China.
I set it up...so its recording to a cloud? How do I go back to watch what happened?
How long does it record for?
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2010
1670 posts
1187 upvotes
ottawa
G20tKD wrote: Finally got mine as well. Order Placed: Jan 25, Shipped notification: Feb 11 (Singapore post), Arrived: Mar 21
Same here, approx same dates. I gotta say, these small cameras are actually really good for the price.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13194 posts
7649 upvotes
Kanata
Ordered Jan 25
Shipping notice Feb 11
Received March 22
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
2011 posts
935 upvotes
Ottawa
I also ordered on the 25th of Jan, shipping notice on the 4th of Feb but haven't received mine yet. Hopefully I'll get mine in the next week if customs is clearing the backlog of shipments finally. Did yours get deposited into your community mailbox or was it a Canada Post delivery notice?
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13194 posts
7649 upvotes
Kanata
surrealillusion wrote: I also ordered on the 25th of Jan, shipping notice on the 4th of Feb but haven't received mine yet. Hopefully I'll get mine in the next week if customs is clearing the backlog of shipments finally. Did yours get deposited into your community mailbox or was it a Canada Post delivery notice?
Delivery notice.
I ordered from Fasttech.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
1333 posts
543 upvotes
Kingston
The night vision is very blurry. Do you guys have same issue?
Images
  • NightVision.png
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13194 posts
7649 upvotes
Kanata
No, I don't have the same problem with night vision.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2004
1068 posts
167 upvotes
atlantic_man wrote: The night vision is very blurry. Do you guys have same issue?
Is ithe camera facing a window? Try aiming it into a room to see different results.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
1333 posts
543 upvotes
Kingston
bobsackamano wrote: Is ithe camera facing a window? Try aiming it into a room to see different results.
Camera is aiming the room. But, the (back of) camera is close to the window. I have Trendnet camera in exact position and also facing the room. That night vision is much clearer.
Sep 23, 2008
99 posts
15 upvotes
Senneville
Yes, I am having similar issue. Havent been able to fix it.
Sep 23, 2008
99 posts
15 upvotes
Senneville
Me to, I am having similar issue when using the camera at night. Havent been able to fix it.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13194 posts
7649 upvotes
Kanata
Has anyone tried using tinycam pro in something like BlueStacks or KoPlayer to have a cheaper alternative to Blue Iris? I mainly just want this to have email notifications when there is motion.
May just pony up the $5 to get tinycam pro to see if it works.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
1333 posts
543 upvotes
Kingston
I moved 2 cameras to aim same location. Here are the screenshots: 1st one is from Trednet, and 2nd one is from XiaoFang. Trendnet has lower resolution, but it's much clearer.
Images
  • XiaoFang.png
  • Trendnet.jpg
Apr 7, 2007
156 posts
132 upvotes
atlantic_man wrote: The night vision is very blurry. Do you guys have same issue?
Just wondering did you remove the thin plastic film that protects the lense? Otherwise you might want to try cleaning the lense.

However IR light is generally not as clear by the nature of the wavelength if you look at IR photography vs just black and white conversion.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)