XIOS DS Media Player Owners Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 4th, 2015 7:00 pm
Dec 1, 2003
757 posts
38 upvotes
SAN66 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2012 10:04 am
I'm torn on this, I want to replace my REVO as my HTPC with something like this, but if I do there's a few caveats.

I currently run SABNZBD and SickBeard, which I would be able to set up to run in parallel on Linux-XBMC.... but I also use Netflix (So much more awesome pretending to be American) and as far as I understand Netflix won't work on Linux-XBMC, and it's integration in Windows XBMC isn't all that favourable either.

So either I have to figure out a way to run SABNZBD and Sickbeard on Android (Which would be awesome) or dual boot somehow so I can take advantage of native Netflix support on Android.

I could run SABNZBD and SickBeard on the Revo and use it as the media server, but I like having everything on one device.
Just out of curiosity, why do you want to replace a Revo with this? I thought Revos were great as XBMC devices? Especially if you're also running sabnzbd and sickbeard on it?
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
10676 posts
3294 upvotes
Kitchener
XBMC-Linux 090712 is out ..

Fixed: video playback zoom.
Fixed: amlplayer to handle playlists.
Fixed: python player to ignore specified players and use amlplayer (most add-ons should work now)
Added: change amffmpeg to use librtmp.
Updated: libnfs version bump.
Updated: librtmp version bump.
Ascend Y300 Owners thread (Unlock, Root and Debrand)
LG G2 Owners thread (Unlock, Root and Debrand)
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
3312 posts
489 upvotes
Nice. Hope they fixed the loss of audio sync after rewind/ff
Aug 27, 2011
474 posts
143 upvotes
BELLEVILLE
Tha DraGun wrote:
Sep 6th, 2012 11:39 am
How did you get trailers to work? I tried clicking one and it said that I had to install the youtube plugin. I installed that and it downloaded/installed, but it always gives me an error when I try to play the trailer.
Is there a way to choose what trailer? I know the scraper finds it, but I know when I had xbmc on my PC some trailers it picked were bad quality or not in english.. I could never figure out how to tell it what one I wanted. Wasnt sure if it just was not possible, or I just didnt know how.

Also, can anyone tell me what the best way to shut this thing down and start it back up with the remote. Do I need to shutdown? suspend? hybernate?
I can turn it off no problem with the remote but the only way I can figure out to turn it back on is to unplug and plug it back in. I must not be shutting it down the right way?..

- btw using linux xmbc

If I remember correctly I had to go to the video and then add-ons tab and was able to download it from there. Mine didnt download correctly either when I tried downloading it the way you did. After I downloaded from the add-ons tab and then selected the trailer button it worked great. I have watched about 10 trailers now and all have been good quality. Im not sure how it selects them but I cant complain. The only problem I had is that I'm streaming wifi( about 5ft straight line from my router) and the trailers would pause to load intermittently but the wifi fix cured that problem
Sep 25, 2010
3 posts
1 upvote
Edmonton
Memory Express has it on sale for $99.99, ends Sept 10.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
10676 posts
3294 upvotes
Kitchener
The XIOS remote control for Android phones
- take full control of your XIOS-DS media player from the comfort of your couch using your Android phone/tablet.
- with discrete buttons and touch pan.
- supports media playback.
- Main controls: Home, options, up/down/left/right/ok, back, search, lock/unlock, keyboard, mouse enable/disable, mouse click, grap current screen, touch pan.
- Audio controls: volume up/down/mute
- Video controls: Previous, FR, Play/Pause, FF, Next

Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
1914 posts
381 upvotes
Thornhill
aasoror wrote:
Sep 8th, 2012 6:01 am
The XIOS remote control for Android phones
- take full control of your XIOS-DS media player from the comfort of your couch using your Android phone/tablet.
Will there be an iOS version?
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2008
4501 posts
706 upvotes
Whitby
nosnoop wrote:
Sep 8th, 2012 11:00 am
Will there be an iOS version?
I'm failing trying to make a bar file....will post if i get that working for BB's.

Android uses Java, iOS doesn't so the whole app would need to be rewritten. There is an emulator for ipods to run Android apps....might want to look into that if you have ipod touch hanging around
Deal Addict
May 16, 2006
3453 posts
99 upvotes
is the remote control app out? Can't find it on play.

Will the app work on xbmc linux, or only android xbmc?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
3403 posts
423 upvotes
Kingston
CatDog wrote:
Sep 8th, 2012 3:11 pm

If you have android phone download "xbmc remote" app. It works great! I doubt the xios app has the features for xbmc you want.

Did anyone get NaviX to work??
It installed fine for me (v3.7.6) but when I go into the video directories it gives me an error.

when I go to open a directory It says ERROR cannot open file
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
10676 posts
3294 upvotes
Kitchener
CatDog wrote:
Press the picture in my post ;)
CatDog wrote:
Android only, for XBMC (Linux/Android) XBMC remote is the way to go.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
3403 posts
423 upvotes
Kingston
So I tried naviX again today and it seems to be working now..
I've noticed the last couple times my xios Linux xmbc has taken a long time to turn on. So long i thought it was broken, until i left it for while and it finally turned on. think it might be since I did the last update. Not sure if the update is the reason..Anyone else notice this after the last update? .
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
3312 posts
489 upvotes
Tha DraGun wrote:
Sep 9th, 2012 9:50 am
So I tried naviX again today and it seems to be working now..
I've noticed the last couple times my xios Linux xmbc has taken a long time to turn on. So long i thought it was broken, until i left it for while and it finally turned on. think it might be since I did the last update. Not sure if the update is the reason..Anyone else notice this after the last update? .
Mine's booting about the same
Apr 20, 2006
436 posts
44 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Sep 9th, 2012 2:35 pm
+1
I did something funky to mine after I updated to 20120907 and it would just cycle the boot screen over and over so I had to go in to the upgrade menu and trash everything and update again with 20120907. Working fine now. A bit smoother too.

Also quick note about the wifi. I did the antenna fix I saw on forums and moved it closer which helped in maintaining a signal but even being a few feet away from the router, the ability to playback smoothly is less than satisfactory at this point.
× < >