• Last Updated:
  • Apr 4th, 2015 7:00 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1187 posts
169 upvotes
Montreal
^ Thanks for the responses!
I guess it really depends on everyone's usage.
In my case, I will mostly be using it to stream content off the internet, so I think Android is better suited for my needs.
Regarding the HW acceleration - is this just an XBMC issue? I believe I should have no problems playing 1080p movies over the network if I just use MX Player (on the MK808), right?
Nov 19, 2009
430 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto
Just price matched with Future Shop. $109 (after tax) with free shipping. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3336 posts
148 upvotes
Georgetown
Simple question - can you use Netflix, Hulu, etc. in the Linux build? (do these work through XBMC plug-ins?)
Oct 2, 2009
153 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Zamboni wrote:
Dec 19th, 2012 3:15 pm
I think the MK808 isn't running HW accel also.

XIOS running Linux XBMC is quick & smooth, for my needs its good. That is mostly playing MKV and AVI files from an attached USB HDD. Occasionally the kids run You Tube Plug In through XBMC, if going on the web a lot then an Android device like MK808 or the XIOS DS running Android might be a better choice.

With any device purchase its good to visit the dedicated support forums...and Google device name-problems
Quick question: can XIOS with Linux XBMC play DVD folders (ie VIDEO_TS folder)? As far as I know, Android version XBMC can't, but I have many DVDs in this format. This is my only hesitation to get one now.

Thanks in advance!
Jun 4, 2007
122 posts
16 upvotes
Oshawa
newbp wrote:
Dec 19th, 2012 5:06 pm
Quick question: can XIOS with Linux XBMC play DVD folders (ie VIDEO_TS folder)? As far as I know, Android version XBMC can't, but I have many DVDs in this format. This is my only hesitation to get one now.

Thanks in advance!

I copied a DVD to the microSD , and it is playing the VOB files , seems ok but it only played the first VOB file, i had to select and start each of the
five VOB files on the disk.

.ps didn't work on the USB key , but that is a know issue on the M3 linux 121512 version.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
3472 posts
433 upvotes
Kingston
anyone know if there is a way to get subtitles on Youtube to work when streaming a video?
for example this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCnYtKbYusI

When played on my pc there are subtitles, when playing on xios there are none.
Not even sure if it is possible on xios or not..
Oct 2, 2009
153 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
birdman10 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2012 5:38 pm
I copied a DVD to the microSD , and it is playing the VOB files , seems ok but it only played the first VOB file, i had to select and start each of the
five VOB files on the disk.

.ps didn't work on the USB key , but that is a know issue on the M3 linux 121512 version.
Thanks. I think I'll pass then. I have a lot DVDs in my NAS and even my AIOS player can play them faultlessly.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
10859 posts
3389 upvotes
Kitchener
Tha DraGun wrote:
Dec 19th, 2012 8:14 pm
anyone know if there is a way to get subtitles on Youtube to work when streaming a video?
The YT mobile app doesn't support captions (or even various quality levels).
Might want to try YT through the web browser (remember to set the agent to Desktop).
hkintel wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 3:40 pm
is there anyone know that FS or BB matching price for boxing day?
Nope, FS/BB wont match boxing day sales (anything that says: door crashers, limited quantities, while supplies lasts ..)

On another note, the 15 minutes black screen for M1 is already fixed, also a fix for MKV subs not appearing was just pushed to github (might fix the missing subs from addons too haven't tested it), and XBMC mainline RC2 is now merged in the Pivos repository (so you might want to pickup one of the user built images tomorrow).
Nov 2, 2012
24 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
Future shop mini-pc Kaser Net'sPC2 YF810-8G Mini PC (ARM A10 / 8GB SSD / 1GB RAM / Android 4.0)- Web Only $99.99
http://tinyurl.com/d87bzcu
More competition for xios ?
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
10491 posts
1882 upvotes
Montreal
aasoror wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 9:37 pm
On another note, the 15 minutes black screen for M1 is already fixed, also a fix for MKV subs not appearing was just pushed to github (might fix the missing subs from addons too haven't tested it), and XBMC mainline RC2 is now merged in the Pivos repository (so you might want to pickup one of the user built images tomorrow).
I just bought an m3 for a relative wanting to stream european tv and I was hoping you;'d have a link to the latest version. thanks
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
10859 posts
3389 upvotes
Kitchener
rfdm44 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 11:10 am
Future shop mini-pc Kaser Net'sPC2 YF810-8G Mini PC (ARM A10 / 8GB SSD / 1GB RAM / Android 4.0)- Web Only $99.99
http://tinyurl.com/d87bzcu
More competition for xios ?
nah, not until they manage to run XBMC natively on thse boxes ;)
JackWhyte wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 11:15 am
I just bought an m3 for a relative wanting to stream european tv and I was hoping you;'d have a link to the latest version. thanks
have you checked the official forums ? everything is there.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
10491 posts
1882 upvotes
Montreal
aasoror wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 12:12 pm
have you checked the official forums ? everything is there.
sorry I thought there was a new one (with fixed wifi) newer than dec 15. any idea when that's coming out?

by the way, do you know which version is shipping with the latest m3?
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2008
4587 posts
747 upvotes
Whitby
The only newer version is Nightlys, no official release to fix bugs.

I checked Weeb.tv you asked about, seems to work. Bit choppy and some crap definition on some feeds....I'll try again tonight.
× < >