XIOS DS Media Player Owners Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 4th, 2015 7:00 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3211 posts
112 upvotes
Georgetown
My unit is also not responding to the remote!

It worked the first day - I flashed to the newest M3 firmware, and then put the "apps" on it.... which of course completely messed it up! (I was AMAZED to find that this is a known issue but the firmware page doesn't indicate the apps aren't for the M3 units... Geee... thanks!)

So I had to do the upgrade pinhole reboot... delete everything, re-flash the firmware...

.... and now today the remote isn't working...

Edit: I set up a Harmony remote with the XIOS device on it and was able to control the XIOS box.... so it appears to be the remote itself that is an issue? I still think there is something more to this... are they shipping units with defective batteries??
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2003
1016 posts
49 upvotes
Tiberius wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 9:58 pm
My unit is also not responding to the remote!

It worked the first day - I flashed to the newest M3 firmware, and then put the "apps" on it.... which of course completely messed it up! (I was AMAZED to find that this is a known issue but the firmware page doesn't indicate the apps aren't for the M3 units... Geee... thanks!)

So I had to do the upgrade pinhole reboot... delete everything, re-flash the firmware...

.... and now today the remote isn't working...

Edit: I set up a Harmony remote with the XIOS device on it and was able to control the XIOS box.... so it appears to be the remote itself that is an issue? I still think there is something more to this... are they shipping units with defective batteries??
So what are m3 users suppose to do for apps? Twiddle our thumbs until they fix it?
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
10702 posts
3305 upvotes
Kitchener
Fire Man wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 11:10 am
So what are m3 users suppose to do for apps? Twiddle our thumbs until they fix it?
Just download the optional pack file, extract (twice) to the sd-card and use the app-installer (from the app drawer) to install the apps of your choice from the extracted file.
The M3 have a different flash partition which hates the m1 optional pack.
Ascend Y300 Owners thread (Unlock, Root and Debrand)
LG G2 Owners thread (Unlock, Root and Debrand)
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2003
1016 posts
49 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 11:54 am
Just download the optional pack file, extract (twice) to the sd-card and use the app-installer (from the app drawer) to install the apps of your choice from the extracted file.
The M3 have a different flash partition which hates the m1 optional pack.
Ok thanks I will give that a shot. I'm not sure I understand the extract twice instruction.

BTW, I never realize my avatar pic offended anyone. It was simply Van Morrison album cover. You know...rock n roll music kids?
Jan 1, 2013
8 posts
1 upvote
Are there similar devices to this that has more output connectors? I need a set of composite for analog audio.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
10702 posts
3305 upvotes
Kitchener
Fire Man wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 10:49 pm
Ok thanks I will give that a shot. I'm not sure I understand the extract twice instruction.
the file you download is a zip file that has an image file inside it (.img is just zip file) so you need to extract that .img file and you will find a "data" folder with all the "apks" for the apps in the optional pack.
BTW, I never realize my avatar pic offended anyone. It was simply Van Morrison album cover. You know...rock n roll music kids?
Which album was that ?
eonDE5 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 11:17 pm
Are there similar devices to this that has more output connectors? I need a set of composite for analog audio.
There is many but not from Pivos, so no XBMC-Linux for these boxes.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
6376 posts
733 upvotes
Winnipeg
eonDE5 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 11:17 pm
the pi offers composite audio and video for xbmc on older crtv's, other than that the appletv1 is capable of it too.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
10702 posts
3305 upvotes
Kitchener
shaolinmonk wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 9:43 am
anyone know if the sony google tv remote NSZ-GS7 will work on the xios?

Looks like a badass remote

How does that connect to the Sony google TV ?

lead wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 2:55 am
the pi offers composite audio and video for xbmc on older crtv's, other than that the appletv1 is capable of it too.
True, sorry was thinking about Android boxes when answered.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
6376 posts
733 upvotes
Winnipeg
shaolinmonk wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 9:43 am
anyone know if the sony google tv remote NSZ-GS7 will work on the xios?

Looks like a badass remote

slick remote. It reminds me of the only manufactured xbmc remote and it was made by motorolla.

http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/produc ... -xbmc.aspx

It was made a while ago and then kinda disappeared. Not long after its disappearance the boxee box came out and its remote was the same design and function as the nyxboard.

Your photo should include the backside of that remote which is a keyboard with backlight.
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
202 upvotes
Does anyone have a link that would show me step by step how to setup XBMC with 1channel & icefilms? If so, either post it here or send me a PM with it please :) i'm having some issues
Discuss everything Travel! - http://www.ineedavacation.ca
Discuss everything Mixed Martial Arts! - http://www.ufctalk.net
× < >