Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
XS Cargo

XSCargo: XBOX 360 250GB Refurb $149.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2012 3:04 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes

[XS Cargo] XSCargo: XBOX 360 250GB Refurb $149.99

No real goodies included.
AV Cable, HDMI, RCA, Headset and one controller.

There's still a couple units in Calgary South and Out of Stock in Calgary North.

Kinect Refurb also for $89 with one game.

I picked up 2. Cracked one open to find a Phillips.
35 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1309 posts
237 upvotes
Calgary
death_hawk wrote: No real goodies included.
AV Cable, HDMI, RCA, Headset and one controller.

There's still a couple units in Calgary South and Out of Stock in Calgary North.

Kinect Refurb also for $89 with one game.

I picked up 2. Cracked one open to find a Phillips.
A Phillips?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Some people care about what DVD drive is inside.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2458 posts
916 upvotes
Toronto
Two huge red flags. XSCargo and Refurb Xbox.. Use caution. Many of XSCargo's sales are final and if not they will make you jump through hoops to get some sort of refund.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2010
4344 posts
382 upvotes
Mississauga
LOL @ XSCargo.
We Are All Witnesses.

NOT a Heat fan. Only a LeBron fan (since 2002)
Nov 24, 2008
909 posts
231 upvotes
Calgary
Not bad, rent one for about 3 weeks.
Nov 11, 2011
493 posts
108 upvotes
Calgary
Totally agree about XSCargo not being the place to buy such stuff.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2008
1754 posts
493 upvotes
You could probably grab one of those $100 XBOX 4G deals and add in a $30-35 250GB drive from Ebay (Yes, I did that on a Slim).
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2011
3271 posts
386 upvotes
saffant wrote: You could probably grab one of those $100 XBOX 4G deals and add in a $30-35 250GB drive from Ebay (Yes, I did that on a Slim).
Be careful with those ebay drives, better to open up an official Phat xbox hard drive, and stick it in a "S" hard drive case. If those hard drives off of ebay are of low quality, you could lose all your data
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2002
13524 posts
4710 upvotes
Tri-Cities (BC)
Franchise10 wrote: Two huge red flags. XSCargo and Refurb Xbox.. Use caution. Many of XSCargo's sales are final and if not they will make you jump through hoops to get some sort of refund.
they will refund if the unit is not working or not performing, i had coffee machine from there, it was leaking, refunded without issues
Apr 13, 2003
611 posts
313 upvotes
North York
rocketkev wrote: Phillips cd drive.
LOL.. too bad you can't play xbox 360 games with a CD drive. All the games on Xbox 360 come on Dual layer DVD. :P
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2008
1754 posts
493 upvotes
BlissKira wrote: Be careful with those ebay drives, better to open up an official Phat xbox hard drive, and stick it in a "S" hard drive case. If those hard drives off of ebay are of low quality, you could lose all your data
The one I bought had several buyers all giving it great reviews; it's basically just a reg 2.5" HDD but with the modded firmware to allow it to run on the XBOX.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2005
3444 posts
71 upvotes
Peterborough
I have opened a few xbox hard drives the phat ones bought the case for $3 on ebay and used them in the slims 4 GB no problems
Jun 7, 2009
311 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
I used this to mod an existing Western Digital HD I had to make it work.

http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/consol ... -slim.html

Bought both slim and fat cases for the new 360 HD if any of my friends needed one. Worked great. Note the extra step to make it work for playing org (emulator) games. Remember that after one of the system updates a year or two ago you can now also use USB drives (up to 16GB) as HDs on 360s so it's not as important to do this as it used to be.
Jun 7, 2008
447 posts
142 upvotes
Mississauga
BlissKira wrote: Be careful with those ebay drives, better to open up an official Phat xbox hard drive, and stick it in a "S" hard drive case. If those hard drives off of ebay are of low quality, you could lose all your data
There is partial truth here...I agree it is better to get a drive from a Phat Xbox and use one of the DX cases as that will give you backward comparability with old Xbox games....but the drives off eBay have to use WD hard drives as those are the only drives that currently have an image available for them in 250GB and 320GB versions which work with the Slim...as far as I know. So unless they are refurb drives that have an issue, they should be good to go....
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2005
2882 posts
356 upvotes
GVR
You have better odds of shooting yourself in the foot, taking the bullet out yourself, and not get gangrene than to buy refurbs from XSCargo and pray that it will work properly.
My Heatware - My Heatware
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20134 posts
2962 upvotes
coolman217 wrote: You have better odds of shooting yourself in the foot, taking the bullet out yourself, and not get gangrene than to buy refurbs from XSCargo and pray that it will work properly.
I don't know why so many people are bashing this deal. Its freaking $150! Of course you are taking a minor risk on a refurb but it is still a very good deal for a Slim 250. I mean, a used controller is $40 right there. And where can you get a 4GB 360 for $100 everyone is talking about? Everywhere I am looking right now they are $200, including Amazon.com
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2010
2142 posts
1566 upvotes
brunes wrote: I don't know why so many people are bashing this deal. Its freaking $150! Of course you are taking a minor risk on a refurb but it is still a very good deal for a Slim 250. I mean, a used controller is $40 right there. And where can you get a 4GB 360 for $100 everyone is talking about? Everywhere I am looking right now they are $200, including Amazon.com
Don't they regularly go on sale, though? I've seen them many times for like... $129.

I think they were on sale on Boxing Day for $99