• Jan 23rd, 2020 12:56 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1330 posts
211 upvotes
Mississauga

Xterra Performance 3000 Folding Treadmill

Anyone have any experience with this manufacturer?

I am considering the XTerra Performance 3000 Folding Treadmill currently $400 off at Costco online but I can not find many online reviews of this model.

It says it has a "treadmill duty" 3.5 CHP motor but I have read before that is not the same as continuous duty.

Any advice on this or in general on treadmills would be appreciated.

I am looking for a deal on new as I would have a hard time picking up and transporting a used one and then getting it into my basement - new would come in parts that are easier to carry and I could assemble downstairs.

We have 4 people in the household (2 teenagers) that will use it for walking and light jogging mostly in the winter, as we are pretty active outside the rest of the year.
:arrow:
Car Dealer not honouring the warranty on a new vehicle? See this thread
42 replies
Aug 5, 2009
25 posts
1 upvote
I was also curious about this. I've heard REALLY good things about the Sole Treadmills, and they are sold by the same distributor (Dyaco), but I don't know if the two are similar at all. I also don't want to have to mess around with returning a beast of machine like that. Don't even think it would fit in my vehicle.

I thought CHP meant continuous horsepower? You mean there's also continuous duty?
_______
My blog: seriouslyreallyseriously.blogspot.ca
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1330 posts
211 upvotes
Mississauga
StephanieC wrote:
Jan 6th, 2020 8:46 pm

I thought CHP meant continuous horsepower? You mean there's also continuous duty?
While the Costco listing says "Treadmil duty 3 5 CHP Motor", their own website says "Treadmil duty 3.5 HP motor".

CHP does mean continous, however, it looks like "treadmil duty" is somewhere between peak and continous.

I think somewhere in between 3 and 3.5 HP is still pretty good for the price and light use, however, I am still hoping to hear from others with experience with this model and manufacturer before I pull the trigger and order.
:arrow:
Car Dealer not honouring the warranty on a new vehicle? See this thread
Aug 5, 2009
25 posts
1 upvote
Oooh, that’s pretty misleading on Costco’s part. Wonder if it’s worth an email to them confirming what the deal is. I never looked at the manufacturer’s site but couldn’t find reviews of this model anywhere, which is frustrating.
I’m so close to ordering it but so so so don’t want to have issues down the line. I will actually be running and doing intervals so I want a decent CHP motor.
May 21, 2009
22 posts
1 upvote
I have placed an order on this machine as I have been looking around since boxing day and this one looks a way better one than those 'on sale' ones at CT at the same price range. However today I found some one is selling an AFG 5.3AT like new threadmill at $500, which also looks like a solid good one. Kind of hesitate now if I should cancel the other and get another one at about half price. I would appreciate it if any one could give me some idea as to Xterra Performance 3000 vs AFG 5.3AT. It's the first time for us to buy a treadmill and probably only 1 hour light usage daily at home.

Thanks.
Jul 22, 2009
277 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
rickyhope wrote:
Jan 7th, 2020 12:59 pm
I have placed an order on this machine as I have been looking around since boxing day and this one looks a way better one than those 'on sale' ones at CT at the same price range. However today I found some one is selling an AFG 5.3AT like new threadmill at $500, which also looks like a solid good one. Kind of hesitate now if I should cancel the other and get another one at about half price. I would appreciate it if any one could give me some idea as to Xterra Performance 3000 vs AFG 5.3AT. It's the first time for us to buy a treadmill and probably only 1 hour light usage daily at home.
When you placed the order did they give you a delivery date right away and did you get to choose it? I will be out of town for a week, so am hesitant to order now if I can't pick a delivery date/time.

Thanks
Its nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
7985 posts
2298 upvotes
impailer17 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2020 7:18 pm
Anyone have any experience with this manufacturer?

I am considering the XTerra Performance 3000 Folding Treadmill currently $400 off at Costco online but I can not find many online reviews of this model.

It says it has a "treadmill duty" 3.5 CHP motor but I have read before that is not the same as continuous duty.

Any advice on this or in general on treadmills would be appreciated.

I am looking for a deal on new as I would have a hard time picking up and transporting a used one and then getting it into my basement - new would come in parts that are easier to carry and I could assemble downstairs.

We have 4 people in the household (2 teenagers) that will use it for walking and light jogging mostly in the winter, as we are pretty active outside the rest of the year.
If you can do without the folding get a used Pacemaster off Kijiji. It will handle pretty much anything you throw at it...walking, running
"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"
Nov 29, 2019
62 posts
123 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Interested in this too, or other recommendations.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
1815 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
Hey all, I'm also looking at this treadmill. I almost pulled the trigger on the Nautilus T618, which is $1,300, but also has a 3.5 CHP motor. I need a treadmill for daily power walking while I watch my TV shows and the occasional jog.

Did anyone check to see if the CHP on Costco is correct? I also tried looking for information on the belt, but I can't find any specs on it- i.e. how many plys it is. If anyone knows, please share.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1766 posts
88 upvotes
I looked at this model because I wanted to get a treadmill from Costco, but ultimately ended up with ProForm 505 CST Treadmill based on Wirecutter's review. I was able to get the Proform at its lowest price in awhile ($538) and based on CCC it looks like it's due for a decrease early in the year.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
1815 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
comicbookguy wrote:
Jan 8th, 2020 9:12 am
I looked at this model because I wanted to get a treadmill from Costco, but ultimately ended up with ProForm 505 CST Treadmill based on Wirecutter's review. I was able to get the Proform at its lowest price in awhile ($538) and based on CCC it looks like it's due for a decrease early in the year.
How did you manage that price? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1766 posts
88 upvotes
EbonyRose wrote:
Jan 8th, 2020 9:51 am
How did you manage that price? Thanks.
Funnily enough as soon as I ordered I checked the following day and the price dropped. It did this for four or five days. Check the CCC graph here: ProForm 505 CST

I was anticipating a price drop but not in December. I got lucky. It was below $500 in March 2019. $630 is still a decent price for it right now.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
1815 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
comicbookguy wrote:
Jan 8th, 2020 10:04 am
Funnily enough as soon as I ordered I checked the following day and the price dropped. It did this for four or five days. Check the CCC graph here: [url=https://ca.***************.com/ProForm-PFTL60916-505-2016-Model/product/B01KUBW1XC?context=tracker]ProForm 505 CST[/url]

I was anticipating a price drop but not in December. I got lucky. It was below $500 in March 2019. $630 is still a decent price for it right now.
Wow, it was sub $500 at some point. Thanks for the info. The only thing concerning me a bit is the 2.5 HP motor.
May 21, 2009
22 posts
1 upvote
xmdkx4u2nv wrote:
Jan 7th, 2020 11:05 pm
When you placed the order did they give you a delivery date right away and did you get to choose it? I will be out of town for a week, so am hesitant to order now if I can't pick a delivery date/time.

Thanks
You don't get to choose it as far as I can remember.
May 21, 2009
22 posts
1 upvote
comicbookguy wrote:
Jan 8th, 2020 10:04 am
Funnily enough as soon as I ordered I checked the following day and the price dropped. It did this for four or five days. Check the CCC graph here: [url=https://ca.***************.com/ProForm-PFTL60916-505-2016-Model/product/B01KUBW1XC?context=tracker]ProForm 505 CST[/url]

so what is CCC graph? I clicked on the link and it goes to a blank page.

Thanks
Last edited by rickyhope on Jan 8th, 2020 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.