Computers & Electronics

Yahoo Mail: how to reject replies to an email?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2017 7:50 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1693 posts
17 upvotes

Yahoo Mail: how to reject replies to an email?

How do you set the email to reject all replies?
10 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
2057 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
sweetsimplistic wrote:
Jun 9th, 2017 12:13 pm
Wrong forum.
What would be the right discussion forum to post a question about email then? If this is the wrong forum, the closest I see might be the "off topic" forum.
I've got a question about email providers that I would like to post somewhere.
Aug 4, 2007
455 posts
38 upvotes
ROYinTO wrote:
Jun 9th, 2017 12:24 pm
What would be the right discussion forum to post a question about email then? If this is the wrong forum, the closest I see might be the "off topic" forum.
I've got a question about email providers that I would like to post somewhere.
OP originally posted in Hot Deals
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
1556 posts
707 upvotes
Richmond
You can't exactly block replies to an email. What you could do is set up a filter. Choose one reply as an example, select More Actions, then Filter Emails Like This, select the Subject line to recognize the emails to block, Action: send to Trash.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
2057 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
Caesu wrote:
Jun 9th, 2017 12:32 pm
OP originally posted in Hot Deals
Thanks, that explains all the downvotes as well.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1693 posts
17 upvotes
Faith24 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2017 12:41 pm
You can't exactly block replies to an email. What you could do is set up a filter. Choose one reply as an example, select More Actions, then Filter Emails Like This, select the Subject line to recognize the emails to block, Action: send to Trash.
Big corporations have emails that are one-way only and have that footnote saying "this email does not take replies". Does that not exist for consumer accounts?

(btw sorry for posting in the wrong section, I was almost positive I had posted in Computers)
Thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
1556 posts
707 upvotes
Richmond
aokec wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 1:30 pm
Big corporations have emails that are one-way only and have that footnote saying "this email does not take replies". Does that not exist for consumer accounts?
That's a different question.

When you create your own POP email account, you can usually specify the "Reply To" address, and it can be anything you want, including a fake address like "do-not-reply@blackhole.space".

But web mail like Yahoo may not offer a separate "Reply To" setting, and indeed it doesn't appear that Yahoo does. They do let you create one-time use disposable email addresses though (a recent addition to Yahoo Mail).
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
1373 posts
236 upvotes
Windsor
You originally asked "how do I block replies", not "How do I block all incoming e-mails.

To block (most) replies, just setup a filter; if subject has RE: in it, move to trash
To block everything, just setup a filter; where recipient is <your e-mail address>, move to trash. You could even set one up that is "where recipient ISN'T me, move to trash" ... that'll encompass everything. You might even be able to set something super generic like "move all incoming e-mail to trash"
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
23235 posts
2065 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Some providers allow you to change the reply to address. Just setup an address that will automatically bounce the email.

I hope your intention for this is not to send SPAM