Thanks
5 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
9418 posts
827 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for the reply coilz. I’m really new to the shield and steam etc. I’m finding it difficult to filter games that I can play on the shield. It’s somewhat information overload as I try and figure things out.

I have steam linked to my shield via iMac.

I have seen that GeForce symbol on some game titles. Then I thought GeForce was free but they may start charging. Thus I don’t want to buy games then a month later they want money for GeForce.

Of course I could understand GeForce completely wrong.

I have asked in other forums but nobody replies thus why I posted in here :)

So thanks.
Jun 9, 2012
136 posts
40 upvotes
Vancouver
If you have a PC with a Nvidia graphics card you can use Nvidia Gamestream and simply play games directly off your PC if they decided to start charging for Geforce Now in the future. However, it seems that Yakuza 0 isn't supported yet on Gamestream. It might get support later though.
This link has both Geforce Now and GameStream titles that are supported.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/shield/games/#library
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
9418 posts
827 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks I’m on a Mac so I guess I’d have to pay for the service once they begin to charge.

Too bad. I’m only a casual gamer and don’t feel like a monthly fee.

One question: in order for me to play any games on my shield via steam the game has to be on my mac before it shows up on the shield?
Jun 9, 2012
136 posts
40 upvotes
Vancouver
If you are playing from Geforce Now, you do not need a separate computer and have the game installed. If the game you acquired is compatible with Geforce Now and is from a steam account or whatever, you look for the game on the Nvidia Games app and you pick the store (steam/epic games/ etc) that you got the game from, you will later be prompted to use a separate device (computer/phone) to login into your account. After that I think the game gets downloaded by the server from your account, gets installed and then you play remotely from your TV.

However, keep in mind that you will need a wired connection to maintain low latency to Nvidia's servers and sufficient download speeds + maybe unlimited data cap (if you don't want overages).