Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

Yamaha 61-key full-sized electronic keyboard 129.96 $ at TSCC

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2009 10:46 am
Tags:
None
Sep 4, 2006
919 posts
92 upvotes

[The Source] Yamaha 61-key full-sized electronic keyboard 129.96 $ at TSCC

Hi all,

got the yamaha keyboard yesterday. This is priced at 129.96 $ down from 179.99 $.
http://www.thesource.ca/estore/Product. ... ct=4218800

This keyboard is available in BB for 189.99$ in their website.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetai ... atid=20351

Got his keyboard from BB with 10% price match and the 10 $ off 100 $ coupon which was posted in these forums.

The keyboard on total came to 114.96 $ plus tax

Any input on this? Don't know if this is a hot deal or not but wanted to let others know about it.

The keyboard sounds good and my son loves it.
19 replies
Sep 27, 2008
445 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
Sweet looking for a keyboard to take on vacation.
Jan 20, 2007
101 posts
66 upvotes
toronto
wonderful post.. going to get one tommorrow
Banned
Jul 3, 2008
607 posts
2 upvotes
MMmichael wrote: Sweet looking for a keyboard to take on vacation.
Ummm..... You know, I really don't want to know so I am not going to ask...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6654 posts
1455 upvotes
some reviews say that it doesn't come with a power adapter
Feb 24, 2008
606 posts
16 upvotes
sf1 wrote: some reviews say that it doesn't come with a power adapter
RFD spirit alive and well...at Yamaha.
Aug 11, 2008
658 posts
37 upvotes
Victoria
I've noticed that most yamaha keyboards don't come with the adapters.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
4506 posts
2547 upvotes
Thornhill
GRANDISON wrote: Is this Midi compatible?
Yes, it has MIDI in/out.

On a related note, I found myself wasting so much time playing fake instruments in Rock Band, that I decided to pick up a Yamaha keyboard (more advanced that this one). Now, Rock band is strictly reserved for playing with guests and friends only. But I find I am having a lot more fun and much more satisfying learning to play a real instrument rather than a fake one. With the auto accompaniments "styles" and/or using software like One Man Band, a set of Logitech Z-2300, you can get really great sounds from these keyboards playing live.
Banned
Jul 3, 2008
607 posts
2 upvotes
nosnoop wrote: Yes, it has MIDI in/out.

On a related note, I found myself wasting so much time playing fake instruments in Rock Band, that I decided to pick up a Yamaha keyboard (more advanced that this one). Now, Rock band is strictly reserved for playing with guests and friends only. But I find I am having a lot more fun and much more satisfying learning to play a real instrument rather than a fake one. With the auto accompaniments "styles" and/or using software like One Man Band, a set of Logitech Z-2300, you can get really great sounds from these keyboards playing live.
:lol: A guy at work is a self proclaimed 'guitar hero god' and can 'ax with the best of them'... He actually thinks that he could pick up a real guitar and in a weekend be playing. It's time's like these, when faced with insurmountable stupidity that Facepalm was invented for.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2005
1393 posts
67 upvotes
London
Lan wrote: Since you mentioned it.

Anyways, just a nitpick, but 88 keys is full sized, not 61.

It makes me sad to play on anything less than 88 keys.
Indeed. Starting a kid on an unweighted 61-key keyboard if piano's the end goal is pretty far from ideal.
Nov 2, 2006
46 posts
5 upvotes
Lan wrote: [IMG]http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/facepalm.jpg[/IMG]

Since you mentioned it.

Anyways, just a nitpick, but 88 keys is full sized, not 61.

It makes me sad to play on anything less than 88 keys.
I believe they mean that each key is full-sized, rather than that the keyboard itself is full-sized. This is preferable to the smaller keys on some portable electronic keyboards.

Less than 88 doesn't bother me. I've played electric Wurlitzers and Fender Rhodes with fewer than the regular number of keys, and they are wonderful.

The deal breaker here would be if the Yamaha is not touch-sensitive.

-----
Sep 4, 2006
919 posts
92 upvotes
jackyqxl wrote: Bb oos?
I had checked stock of this in my nearby stores, it was oos but checked Richmond hill and it was there. They still have stock in Richmond hill and in Burlington, it shows in the store check. you may want to call the BB and ask them to check the store inventory and go to the nearest one.
Sep 4, 2006
919 posts
92 upvotes
yes, it surprised me that they did not include an adapter. But I had an extra 12v adapter in hand from my scanner. It works fine with that.
Aug 23, 2005
805 posts
57 upvotes
sandyriver wrote: yes, it surprised me that they did not include an adapter. But I had an extra 12v adapter in hand from my scanner. It works fine with that.
Picked one up for the hell of it.

Yep, there's no AC-adapter , written right on the box. Takes 6-AA batteries, so i just use my eneloops.
-

-