Expired Hot Deals

[Yankee Candle] WICKedly Hot?? Yankee Candle - many large candles 10USD, other items up to 75% off

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2018 2:06 pm
[OP]
Jul 18, 2007
110 posts
122 upvotes
Markham

WICKedly Hot?? Yankee Candle - many large candles 10USD, other items up to 75% off

Deal Link:
Price:
10USD
Savings:
up to 75%
Retailer:
Yankee Candle
I haven't been able to find these candles for less than $15 in Canada at Winners (when I see them) - and they don't have nearly the amount of selection as online. Up to 75% off on other items as well!

I was able to add more than 6 candles to my cart and get them for 10 each, however I had other items I wanted so I only checked out with 6.

Shipping up to 99USD is 20 USD, shipping after that is 20% of the total value. Pay duty and taxes + 10 fedex fee. Order arrived for me in 3 days from the US!
https://www.yankeecandle.com/customer-s ... nformation

I did have to email customer service after a customs mix-up, so make a note to have them declare the proper value on the customs form. They resolved the issue within a few hours.

After buying candles from dollar stores, grocery stores, department stores and housewares stores... I've found that no other candle can hold a candle to these. I'd have a hard time paying for them at full price but at this price stock up!

Bonus coupons were included in my order as well. It must be a lucrative business pouring wax.

edited to add: FLAME on!
21 replies
Dec 24, 2017
117 posts
160 upvotes
lel
Sooo are you posting for pun value or for value value
Koodo $60 10gb/unlimited plan
Samsung S8 for $504 + tax - $100 GC
Good toilet paper deals
[OP]
Jul 18, 2007
110 posts
122 upvotes
Markham
2 for one 1 - great dollars and cents value with added pun value.
Oct 26, 2011
278 posts
116 upvotes
Sounds like you are paying at least $15 for these after f/x and shipping and customs / brokerage.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
5739 posts
745 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
chreds wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 10:15 am
Sounds like you are paying at least $15 for these after f/x and shipping and customs / brokerage.
I think that part of the potential value in this is combining the US$10 candles with other discounted items to bring it close to US$100. The high shipping cost of US$20 is then distributed over $100 rather than over $60.

For example, six candles, 20 vehicle fragrances and five candle holders comes to US$119.50 (shipping included). So about C$157.
Earthlings, you're evicted.
You are not getting the damage deposit back.

God
Penalty Box
Nov 2, 2011
851 posts
244 upvotes
Toronto
who the hell spends 15 bucks on candles, let alone 100 to get free shipping lmao
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
3875 posts
340 upvotes
Scarborough
ilapastel wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 11:43 am
who the hell spends 15 bucks on candles, let alone 100 to get free shipping lmao
Cults that need to summon Satan......
[OP]
Jul 18, 2007
110 posts
122 upvotes
Markham
Bahahahahaha

Seriously though, what I found is that you could buy 5x $3 candles at the dollar store, light them up one after another and still not make it to the burn time of one of these more expensive candles.

And they smell so much better and stronger.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1116 posts
704 upvotes
Came for the puns, stayed for the burns.
RFD: Pick any two.
  • In stock
  • Low Price
  • Quality Product
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1415 posts
682 upvotes
Vancouver
hewjas wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 5:29 pm
Bahahahahaha

Seriously though, what I found is that you could buy 5x $3 candles at the dollar store, light them up one after another and still not make it to the burn time of one of these more expensive candles.

Also those dollar store candles probably have a shit ton of chemicals you don't really want to be sniffing. At least yankee candles is trying to sell to those who care about toxic chemicals in the air so they should be better.
Apr 20, 2009
812 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
hewjas wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 5:29 pm

True indeed. You get what you pay for with candles. Don't even think of a) buying cheap ones (even 5x more of them), or b) candles on closeout
Nov 11, 2016
493 posts
242 upvotes
Halifax
Ordered this morning and tried to cancel tonight. They split it into two packages via fedex. Last time this happened there was a standard rate of $20 per package added on at the door plus the duty and customs. If they had only sent it in one package it would not be so bad. I love these candles but I am seriously hoping to get my money back as the additional costs will be more than the candles. Darn! Maybe they weighed to much for one package. Or they owe Fedex a favour. I am thinking of taking a loss on the second package and just giving it back to fedex if I can.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6119 posts
2794 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
ilapastel wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 11:43 am
GateGuardian wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 12:51 pm
Cults that need to summon Satan......
Well, these are coming from a country which has Satan as their Supreme Emperor. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
[OP]
Jul 18, 2007
110 posts
122 upvotes
Markham
rdiamond1 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 10:29 pm
Ordered this morning and tried to cancel tonight. They split it into two packages via fedex. Last time this happened there was a standard rate of $20 per package added on at the door plus the duty and customs. If they had only sent it in one package it would not be so bad. I love these candles but I am seriously hoping to get my money back as the additional costs will be more than the candles. Darn! Maybe they weighed to much for one package. Or they owe Fedex a favour. I am thinking of taking a loss on the second package and just giving it back to fedex if I can.
mine came in 3 separate packages, i was just charged as one shipment