Food & Drink

Locked: Yeet Hay? What's the white people equivalent?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2008 11:35 am
Tags:
None
SCORE
Mar 16, 2007
447 posts
16 upvotes
Halifax

Yeet Hay? What's the white people equivalent?

Parents always say whenever i have canker sores, get zits, gassey or have nose bleeds, I automatically have yeet hay (cantonese for hot air) Then I'm forced to drink sometimes horrible tasting soups. What would be a white people equivalent of yeet have?
Share:
27 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
6649 posts
833 upvotes
next time, tell your parents you'd rather drink some beer, the whiteman's "leung chai"

I don't believe there is a western equivalent to "yet hay"... thought about that in the past, and ask a few ppl... no answer.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17604 posts
737 upvotes
Brampton
As a "white people", this thread offends me

BAN

also, what does the food forum have to do with your nasty zits & canker sores
come troll our unofficial chatroom at #redflagdeals on EFnet
Deal Fanatic
Oct 17, 2006
5309 posts
273 upvotes
yea....beer are often refer to as foreign chinese herbal tea...

don't really know the biology behind it...but i don't think non asians have the same physiology as chinese...i mean...you will see many foreigners eat fries everyday and nothing happen...whereas us chinese gets sore throat if you eat fries everyday...i once read a research that chocolate and chips consumption won't make you break out...but during my teenage years...if i eat too much chocolate at one setting...i break out the next day.............. i think it has the do with our genes
duckdown wrote:
Sep 11th, 2008 12:09 am

BAN

op wasn't intend to offend anyone...he is just curious to know the western version of chinese herbal tea
;)
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2005
1587 posts
47 upvotes
I'm with duckdown: this has NOTHING to do with Food & Drink. This is better suited for OT, and why say white people equivalent? Can you not write Caucasian equivalent?

I'm also offended.

- MJ.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12188 posts
288 upvotes
duckdown wrote:
Sep 11th, 2008 12:09 am

BAN

Ma_Jie wrote:
Sep 11th, 2008 1:01 am
I'm with duckdown: this has NOTHING to do with Food & Drink. This is better suited for OT, and why say white people equivalent? Can you not write Caucasian equivalent?

I'm also offended.

- MJ.
chill guys, you are starting to sound like the chinese people of this forum :)
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Mar 20, 2007
104 posts
1 upvote
I dunno what "yeet hay" means, even though my mom tells me. I think its supposed to mean something like unhealthy, but then again she says its eating oily poor foods, like something with msg. She complains that yeet hay food come from meals eating bagged snacks and takeout restaurant. Though I don't believe in this methodology.
Feb 4, 2006
997 posts
TO
Ma_Jie wrote:

I'm also offended.

- MJ.
QQ

Maybe we should write Caucasian-Canadian.
[OP]
Mar 16, 2007
447 posts
16 upvotes
Halifax
Ma_Jie wrote:

I'm also offended.

- MJ.
I'm guessing you didn't bother even suggesting what yeet hay was and immediately labled me a racist after reading the white people part, great...For one, it is relevant to the food and drink forum as chinese people often label someone as yeet hay often when they have consumed too much fatty foods.

And also, how are calling caucasians "white people" offending?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1787 posts
53 upvotes
Vancouver
White people equivalent? I guess OP should have asked what is it called in English.

I guess this have a small blurb on "yeet hay"
http://www.batgung.com/chinese-medicine ... -hong-kong

Chinese people think our body works as a balance "Ying and Yang" and that's why they say food contain "cold air" or "hot air".

A lot of ancient chinese herbal medicine works with the "ying yang", "hot cold" air, etc. Why isnt Chinese herbal medicine as effective nowadays as compared to what it says in old chinese books? Part of the answer is because chinese doctors only teach 80% of their knowledge to students. Over generations, knowledge gets lost. Besides, some herbs are probably extinct by now.
spot finder
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1787 posts
53 upvotes
Vancouver
gargarensi wrote:
Sep 11th, 2008 2:09 am
I'm guessing you didn't bother even suggesting what yeet hay was and immediately labled me a racist after reading the white people part, great...For one, it is relevant to the food and drink forum as chinese people often label someone as yeet hay often when they have consumed too much fatty foods.

And also, how are calling caucasians "white people" offending?
I think this topic does fit in Food and Drinks because Yeet Hay deals with food (probably nutrition of food specifically).

As for "white people", I would get offended if people refer me as "that yellow person over there". Since you obviously know "white people" means Caucasians, how hard is it to use "Caucasian"? I strongly urge you to change your words not only for this, but for future usage.
spot finder
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2006
1142 posts
25 upvotes
Big Brother wrote:
Sep 11th, 2008 2:35 am
As for "white people", I would get offended if people refer me as "that yellow person over there".
totally going OT, but police crime reports would refer to suspects as white or black, but asian instead of yellow or brown. Similarly, some asians dislike being called oriental, and englishmen/frenchmen don't hate their label compared to if the "country+man" construct was applied to a chinese person. A term may or may not be racist depending on who it is used on.

going back on topic, "yeet hay" is an eastern medicine term so there is no way to explain in pure english. The discomfort in the gums after having too much fried food etc, I don't think it's exactly a canker sore (aphthous minor?).
Aug 7, 2005
362 posts
1 upvote
Usually I find that when my mouth is getting canker sores, it's usually a lack of vitamin C in my diet. Say one eats a lot of fries and chocolate bars, I think it takes away a lot of vitamin C from one's body or something. But there is a recommended daily dosage of vitamin C one should be getting in his/her body. Many fruits have high vitamin C content. There's the saying "an apple a day, keeps the doctor away." As well Vitamin C also helps speed up recovery from a flu... Hope you guys find this informative.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 17, 2006
5309 posts
273 upvotes
Ma_Jie wrote:

I'm also offended.

- MJ.
Calm down...OP wasn't intended to offend anyone...he should of wrote non-Chinese which would make more sense and could avoid all the misunderstandings. An it totally fits in food and drink because the chinese herbal tea remedies is famous for relieving side effects of excessive junk food, unbalanced diet, etc.

honestly, I don't see the problem of using "White".....caucasians who lived in Canada for generations are often referred as White Canadian as their identity...nothing wrong with that...and such individuals have no ethnic background and Canadian is just a nationality rather than a race..for example...i am canadian and my coworker is also a candian...but are we the same? no, because i am chinese canadian and people would often refer her as white canadian
;)
× < >