Tags:
None
8 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
29867 posts
1263 upvotes
Fernando Po
Maytag=defects=lawsuit. Now sold to Whirlpool.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
187 upvotes
hagbard wrote:Maytag=defects=lawsuit. Now sold to Whirlpool.
I found this.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowne ... _wash.html

Why does one put a washer in the kitchen?? :confused: :confused: (the one by Shelley of Southaven, MS)
No front load for me ... even if it saves water.

My appliants are all Maytag but they are all 11 years old now. I guess my next one will not be Maytag.

It is a merger to Whirlpool and it is not approved by court yet.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2003
4131 posts
59 upvotes
Cambridge
gman wrote:
My appliants are all Maytag but they are all 11 years old now. I guess my next one will not be Maytag.
Chances are good that you have Maytags that the reputation was built on so they will last a long time. My brother is in the appliance repair business. Old Maytags were well worth the money, even the early front-loaders they built because they used the coin-op maytag design (prior to the Neptune series)

Great example of a company cashing in on their reputation in order to provide shareholders with the returns that the stock market demands.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2005
1399 posts
47 upvotes
gman wrote: Why does one put a washer in the kitchen?? :confused: :confused: (the one by Shelley of Southaven, MS)
I'm wondering that too. But I've been watching a lot of home reno shows and I've noticed that a lot of homes in the UK do this. The washer is right next to the dish washer in the kitchen. Maybe it's a townhouse thing where space is quite limited.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2005
1663 posts
36 upvotes
Mississauga
In UK, it is very common to put the washer in the kitchen like a buildt in dishwasher. Even in HK, a once UK colony, also like to put washer in kitchen, but a stand alone (not buildt-in) because of limited space. I always thought that the washer belongs to the kitchen until I came to Canada, there is something called a "laundry room"!
Oct 27, 2005
94 posts
NW ontario
I am thinking that the washer is put in the kitchen perhaps because of in line water heaters. This may reduce the amount of units needed to heat water or such. Kasie1 :)