Automotive

yellow light camera

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2018 5:59 pm
Oct 4, 2015
26 posts
1 upvote

yellow light camera

I was driving through the intersection and the light was yellow, I already passed the white line and the camera flashes but no ticket send out, I was in the intersection before the light turned red. How come?
9 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
MohamedA037913 wrote: I was driving through the intersection and the light was yellow, I already passed the white line and the camera flashes but no ticket send out, I was in the intersection before the light turned red. How come?
"drivers who enter an intersection during a traffic light's amber phase will not be penalized, even if the light turns red as they are passing through"

from https://www.toronto.com/news-story/7515 ... t-cameras/
Banned
Jan 11, 2006
130 posts
87 upvotes
If you saw the bright flash, you crossed it when it was red or ANOTHER card behind you did. Did you see another car cross with you?
Mar 17, 2010
205 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
MohamedA037913 wrote: I was driving through the intersection and the light was yellow, I already passed the white line and the camera flashes but no ticket send out, I was in the intersection before the light turned red. How come?
How long has been since the picture was taken?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 15, 2005
6024 posts
1873 upvotes
It takes a while for the ticket to come off the camera, it could be weeks or months

Also I believe all photos are reviewed by someone to ensure that it is a valid ticket, so not all flashes result in a ticket being sent.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
You'll get the bill in a few weeks if you're guilty. Just wait, no need to ponder now.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
Got a dash cam vid to prove it was yellow? Be sure to post update with images if you get a ticket.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Oct 4, 2015
26 posts
1 upvote
It is been more than a month no ticket. I think another car was behind me not sure though.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2087 posts
1134 upvotes
Alberta
You should be fine. I was driving home late at night and snow started falling, roads were terrible. Tried to break but the car wouldn't stop. Car finally came to a complete stop in the middle of an empty intersection, at which point I just proceeded to get out of there. The light flashed, but ticket never came. They review them, and know your speeds going in and out, and won't just ticket you because you cross the line. Some cars stop late and cross the line just coming to a late stop, results in a flash and a picture, but no second picture as you exit the intersection.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
8428 posts
4673 upvotes
Durham
RENAME the Topic ... there is NO SUCH THING as a yellow light camera. It's called a RED LIGHT CAMERA
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)