YLOD: PS3 Repair experience?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2022 10:22 pm
Tags:
None
May 16, 2012
4 posts
SCARBOROUGH
To all my customers, I'd like to thank you for your support. I had taken a trip to San Francisco, to get my certification from Sony renewed. I will be back Early July or maybe Late October.

To those who doubt me about my repairs being permanent. So far No one has came back to my residence to where I'm living and complained. If you are a customer of mine and need help regarding your Ps3, please feel free to contact me through this red flag deals account or hotmail neroplayer@hotmail.com or jdmfan_93@hotmail.com.

Thanks so much

The Real Moe.
Dec 11, 2009
7 posts
Toronto, ON
veejam wrote: Don't do it, I sent it to Sony and it YLOD again right after the repair warranty (I think it is 90 days?) . Besides for $200, you're better off buying a new PS3.
I may sound like Moe, because I would recommend him, instead of places like Jogirepairs and mtech. I have tried these 2 places before and I always ended up being ripped off, or have to come back in for a second repair but with Moe who I went with back in 2010, the system still works flawlessly. $110 was alot but its worth it.
Aug 23, 2012
1 posts
WHITBY
I was going to bring my YLOD unit in to Gamerama, but had second thoughts after reading people's experiences here.

I ended up going to this guy in downtown Toronto (University & Dundas)- he does the work at his residence. He posts ads for his service on kijiji.ca

He did a good, quick job- and for only $35 fee!

It is now working normally as before. Of course, there is no warranty on the work but at this price it's well worth it.
May 16, 2012
4 posts
SCARBOROUGH
Hey guys, I am still not in town, Sony has alot and alot of customers here,I will be back Jan 2013, In the meantime I will tell you those you should not go to.
1.M-Tech
2.GSM GLOBAL
3.Anything under $35 if not done properly and only used temporarly.

Go to Game Rama, they actually repair the system properly and offer and warranty. When I finish her I will contact everyone who contacted me so far. Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6114 posts
1693 upvotes
Milton
my ps3 phat ylod on me while watching Aliens. Now I can't get my bluray movie out > :(

Don't really care about the ps3, how do I get my movie oback?
Aug 22, 2011
457 posts
58 upvotes
BRAMPTON
has anyone heard from moe recently???
I have tried emailing him but no luck. my ps3 60gb died on me for the 5th or 6th time, and i am tired of doing my oven method re flow only to have it die on me again and again. I would love to get the "perma" fix done, even if the fan is loud. mine was already running at high after 3 mins of being on anyways...
Moe, if you read this, please send me a PM so we can organize the drop off/repair. - thanks in advance :)
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
MoesRepair wrote: I am back in service sorry for the long wait http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell ... Z504822794
May I ask you, how do you repair fatal YLOD issues with the Fat PS3?

Do you just apply a new layer of Thermal Paste (hopefully of high quality) only as a solution....or do you also change the fan to a stronger/quieter fan in the machine?

Also, do you estimate that this repair is a FINAL solution to the YLOD problem, i.e it should fix it FOR GOOD, so a client never has to worry about YLOD happening again?

Thank you for your feedback and answers, upfront! :)
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Feb 24, 2010
21 posts
5 upvotes
This thread is old... YLOD

I didn't bother completely reading anything as I know where it's going.

Save your time, and money, and just buy a new PS3.

Most likely your data in the HDD will be unrecoverable, unless you want to spend your money to get the YLOD 'temporarily' fixed to make a copy of your data to transfer it into a new ps3 system. Just get over data loss grief, and re-download all your data.

Newer gen consoles probably won't last for more than 5-8 years max especially if they are being used often because of wear and tear and being powerful machines similarly like laptops.

In short PS3 phat or 1st gen PS3 are doomed to fail, even with repairs and patch work. It won't last long even with repairs.
Heat is an enemy to electronics, and the PS3 phat loves to create heat.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2007
1662 posts
21 upvotes
Whats the best thing to do with a YLOD PS3?

What are my best options if I cant fix?
Would a place or someone buy it?
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
instapump wrote: Whats the best thing to do with a YLOD PS3?

What are my best options if I cant fix?
Would a place or someone buy it?
Send a PM to MoesRepair (Moe)...he is the best in the business and guarantees his fixes from never getting a YLOD again. He was kind enough to recently respond to an inquiry of mine about his method used to fix the YLOD via a PM (and I don't have a YLOD (thank God) yet and hope I never do...but if I do...this is the best guy to help with this problem.

However, if you want to just sell the PS3...then you can make a quick/cheap fix for YLOD with one of the cheaper ADs on Kijiji...and then sell the fixed PS3 (because you don't know when it will YLOD again after the cheap/quick fix is done).

Good Luck!
May 16, 2012
4 posts
SCARBOROUGH
I still do Repair PS3s and I haven't had any customers come back. I guess I should assume my permanent fix does in fact work.

I charge $100 and Sony charges $280-350 depending on where you are in the world.

I'm at 262 Parliament Street Unit 10, Toronto Ontario M5A 3A4.

If you can not reach me at 647 656 7055, contact Adan at 416-917-0823 and ask him for Moe or to drop your PlayStation off.

Also if there is anyone customers who have complaints regarding my repairs, you can go ahead and give me a shout.

Peace!
Jan 8, 2013
3 posts
1 upvote
NORTH YORK
Anyone know if Moe's still around? I tried emailing him but haven't heard back from him.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
mosburger wrote: Anyone know if Moe's still around? I tried emailing him but haven't heard back from him.
Why don't you try calling one of the two numbers he just gave above instead?

He has not been on RFD forums (at least under that account name) since he posted that message.
Oct 11, 2017
474 posts
392 upvotes
Vancouver
Blast from the past )) Any one can fix PS3 fat these days ? Maybe Moe is still in business..
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
Serg81 wrote: Blast from the past )) Any one can fix PS3 fat these days ? Maybe Moe is still in business..
YLOD? PM me.

For the YLOD I'm not sure what he was charging but it's generally an issue that can be permanently fixed now. No ridiculous oven method.
Aug 20, 2020
478 posts
467 upvotes
I got RLOD for the 3rd time on this console.

Anyone know a reliable place?

I see jogimods is still around but I used them back in 2013... guess 9 years is worth it....

Hoping for some local stuff