• Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2012 8:47 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 14, 2008
73 posts
15 upvotes

[Costco] YMMV Costco Whalen Industrial Workbench $269.88...was $379.99

Just picked one up at Burlington...heavy duty w butcher block countertop. Wanted to buy months ago and they sold out. Just saw them back a few weeks ago and again tonight reduced by $110...great timing but very heavy and large box...so ensure you have the means to get it home.

Now it will sit in my basement for months until I unpack...Buwahaha!...as I slowly begin to set up my workshop
10 replies
Sep 5, 2005
495 posts
91 upvotes
KingRay99 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2012 10:13 pm
Just picked one up at Burlington...heavy duty w butcher block countertop. Wanted to buy months ago and they sold out. Just saw them back a few weeks ago and again tonight reduced by $110...great timing but very heavy and large box...so ensure you have the means to get it home.

Now it will sit in my basement for months until I unpack...Buwahaha!...as I slowly begin to set up my workshop
do you have the product code for the workbench?
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2003
1592 posts
33 upvotes
Montreal
Oooooh i hope the price stays for a little while. Great product! Def a well done, well priced product as are their shelves!!
" give me back my sock you goat bastard "
Feb 18, 2008
326 posts
784 upvotes

Dimension:
59.4" W x 30.3" D x 75.2" H (150.8 cm W x 76.9 cm D x 191 cm H)

Steel construction with durable, powder-coated finish
Locking cabinets with adjustable metal shelves
Hanging plastic totes in 3 colors are ideal for storing nuts/bolts and other small items
Solid hardwood top (thickness: 1.37 in / 3,5 cm)
Peg-board back with included hooks for organizing tools and supplies
Lower shelf features sturdy zinc-plated wire rack
Heavy duty, zinc-plated casters (2 locking)
Assembly required

I saw it two weeks ago, took picture for dimension then come back two days later and they were all gone and it was at reg price! At $270 it will sell pretty fast!
I lost the ability to remember things when I lost the right to a full night's sleep.
Sep 5, 2005
495 posts
91 upvotes
loletifie wrote:
Mar 9th, 2012 12:08 am

Dimension:
59.4" W x 30.3" D x 75.2" H (150.8 cm W x 76.9 cm D x 191 cm H)

Steel construction with durable, powder-coated finish
Locking cabinets with adjustable metal shelves
Hanging plastic totes in 3 colors are ideal for storing nuts/bolts and other small items
Solid hardwood top (thickness: 1.37 in / 3,5 cm)
Peg-board back with included hooks for organizing tools and supplies
Lower shelf features sturdy zinc-plated wire rack
Heavy duty, zinc-plated casters (2 locking)
Assembly required

I saw it two weeks ago, took picture for dimension then come back two days later and they were all gone and it was at reg price! At $270 it will sell pretty fast!
Thank you!
Is it still at 269.88?

I'm gonna go check store today after job if i can find it.

By the way, je suis aussi de Trois-Rivières! :) Semble pas y avoir beaucoup de personnes de T-R!.
Aug 31, 2011
37 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Hi OP,
Can you confirm this price? Or post a copy of the price paid on your receipt?
I just got off the phone with Burlington Costco and they insist the price was never $269.88. I called a few other locations and they are all singing the same tune. Please let me know.
Thanks in Advance!
Jan 17, 2008
994 posts
77 upvotes
Freez76 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2012 2:30 pm
Hi OP,
I just got off the phone with Burlington Costco and they insist the price was never $269.88. I called a few other locations and they are all singing the same tune. Please let me know.
Thanks in Advance!
Here's the proof, taken last night at Costco - Burlington.
Aug 31, 2011
37 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks!!!
Genblue wrote:
Mar 9th, 2012 2:58 pm
Here's the proof, taken last night at Costco - Burlington.
Feb 18, 2008
326 posts
784 upvotes
Maculosa wrote:
Mar 9th, 2012 12:30 pm
Thank you!
Is it still at 269.88?

I'm gonna go check store today after job if i can find it.

By the way, je suis aussi de Trois-Rivières! :) Semble pas y avoir beaucoup de personnes de T-R!.

I've checked today and there's no stock in all PQ. I've should have followed the RFD motto when I saw it! Buy first, think later!

Non en effet :) On est peut-être 4-5.
I lost the ability to remember things when I lost the right to a full night's sleep.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2003
4404 posts
1182 upvotes
A Place to Stand
Freez76 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2012 2:30 pm
Hi OP,
Thanks in Advance!

Yup. I was just there, saw it at that price. Didn't need it myself, but looks nice for the price. Only saw the display though, but the way the stack stuff at Costco, the boxes could have been anywhere.
Sep 5, 2005
495 posts
91 upvotes
Been at costco tonight, there is no stock... they checked in their system and there is no stock and the price was 379.99 in the system. :-(
too bad i wanted one.

Will have to buy their SS toolschest with wood top. (if it could have some discount but i never seen any discount on their toolschests.)
× < >