Cell Phones

YMMV Koodo adjusting plans to match other carriers. As low as $31 for 500 mins, unlimited text, 2GB of data YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2018 10:51 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
2032 posts
124 upvotes
Scarborough
I called in today and the rep would't budge nor would he entertain me to offer something better...shall I call back and speak with another rep?
Virgin $60 10 GB +2 GB addon, 1000 LD Minutes Canada Wide Calling, Unlimited text and mms world wide
2 x Koodo $40 3 GB Unlimited Minutes Canada Wide Calling, Unlimited text and mms world wide
[OP]
Aug 23, 2015
272 posts
128 upvotes
superlink wrote:
Dec 30th, 2017 11:19 pm
I don't see any add on on the website for $5 to add 1GB of data.
You won't see it and some of the regular reps won't see it. You want their customer care or loyalty dept
ninety5teg wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 10:45 am
I called in today and the rep would't budge nor would he entertain me to offer something better...shall I call back and speak with another rep?
Which department did you speak with? More info would help. Go the their customer care or loyalty department where they have the better offerings and what is mentioned in the OP in their system. If the regular rep does not have authorization to lower your bill or do much for you aside from most everyone can get or what you see on self serve. Please report back.
Mar 18, 2015
895 posts
177 upvotes
Antarctica
Is there a direct number for loyalty? I have talked to 3 reps already in pursuit of the deals in OP and even the $60 /10 gb plan and none of them are willing to do anything. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
2032 posts
124 upvotes
Scarborough
htauthority wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 11:24 am
You won't see it and some of the regular reps won't see it. You want their customer care or loyalty dept

Which department did you speak with? More info would help. Go the their customer care or loyalty department where they have the better offerings and what is mentioned in the OP in their system. If the regular rep does not have authorization to lower your bill or do much for you aside from most everyone can get or what you see on self serve. Please report back.
I spoke with the regular rep. I'll call again and ask to be transferred to the loyalty department unless there is a specific number to call in for the loyalty department.
Last edited by ninety5teg on Dec 31st, 2017 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Virgin $60 10 GB +2 GB addon, 1000 LD Minutes Canada Wide Calling, Unlimited text and mms world wide
2 x Koodo $40 3 GB Unlimited Minutes Canada Wide Calling, Unlimited text and mms world wide
[OP]
Aug 23, 2015
272 posts
128 upvotes
Crichtonfan wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 11:27 am
Is there a direct number for loyalty? I have talked to 3 reps already in pursuit of the deals in OP and even the $60 /10 gb plan and none of them are willing to do anything. Thank you.
See post just above and also added this to the OP at the bottom of the post. Regular reps/csrs have access to what you can see on self serve. Regular plans and add ons. The 10GB plan is very YMMV and not in the OP. It's a past deal, need some luck to get them to honor it. Call Koodo and tell them you want the Loyalty and Retentions department. Tell them you just bought this nice Koodo phone but you have a problem, you have a great plan with another carrier or know of a great plan such as the Zoomer promo. Tell them you know you can pay off the tab and walk away also. Tell them you are serious about staying but they really need to work with you on a plan.

Again, dealing with a regular CSR may or may not have access to the better plan perks and pricing. So that makes it a waste of time.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
2032 posts
124 upvotes
Scarborough
Got off the phone with retentions and I was offered 1 gb of data with unlimited minutes for $40 per month..she said she shouldn't be offering this to a 3 day old account...she wouldn't budge any further

Could I have done better?
Mar 18, 2015
895 posts
177 upvotes
Antarctica
ninety5teg wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 12:50 pm
Got off the phone with retentions and I was offered 1 gb of data with unlimited minutes for $40 per month..she said she shouldn't be offering this to a 3 day old account.

You are better off just signing up with FIDO BYOD for $45 /3 GB even if its for 12 months.
Dec 24, 2017
19 posts
3 upvotes
For those who have already called in, how long have waits been?
[OP]
Aug 23, 2015
272 posts
128 upvotes
ninety5teg wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 12:50 pm
Got off the phone with retentions and I was offered 1 gb of data with unlimited minutes for $40 per month..she said she shouldn't be offering this to a 3 day old account...she wouldn't budge any further

That's their standard $65 plan (minus the 2GB bonus data). Not bad but to do better you do this. If successful you would have unlimited everything with 1GB of data for $30 for 6 months. Avg $35 per month for a year. If you look in the OP the extra $10 off is there so negotiate your best plan then at the end see if they can throw that in for 6 months or 12 months.

To those trying to PM Zoomer plan all Koodo retentions has to do is give you the standard $30 small tab plan. That's it. Then Retentions is adding 2GB of data for 24 months for $1-$2. That's all the deal is in the end.
[OP]
Aug 23, 2015
272 posts
128 upvotes
Crichtonfan wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 12:55 pm
You are better off just signing up with FIDO BYOD for $45 /3 GB even if its for 12 months.
Koodo has 3GB (1GB + 2 GB bonus) on their $55 plan. Get the $10 off then there's your $45. You don't even need retentions to get this. Regular CSR should be able to do it. On Fido I see unlimited BYOD with 2 gb of data for $45.
Mar 18, 2015
895 posts
177 upvotes
Antarctica
Yes but koodo seems to be very strict when trying to negotiate. If they dont budge then the fido route is 0 hassle.

Oct 14, 2015
648 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just got off the phone and was promptly denied anything. I couldn't even get $55/3GB because it only applies for new activations. Best they could offer was $55/1GB or $79/2GB on Tab large lol. Wanted to move wife from Zoomer $45/4Gb to Koodo.
Ended up cancelling the line.
Galaxy S8 with Koodo $60 10GB plan
Zoomer $45 4GB plan
[OP]
Aug 23, 2015
272 posts
128 upvotes
Crichtonfan wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 1:24 pm
Yes but koodo seems to be very strict when trying to negotiate. If they dont budge then the fido route is 0 hassle.
Nice. Well that gives those that will be calling retentions another bargaining chip. Public mobile (which IS Telus and Koodo) also has cheaper plans

Done all I can in this thread. trying to help you guys and gals get a good plan that you are happy with. The rest however is up to you. All the info is on the 1st two pages. The rest is up to you and your retentions csr. You have the phone, you have the deck of cards in your favor because you can walk away. The incentive is on Koodo to retain you. If not, you will make the decision that is right for you. If you want to get in on next years deal try not to cancel right away or after 90 days. It's a risk, not sure whether you will be flagged or not but keep this in mind and do what is right for you. In other words walk away, you may or may not qualify for next year's deal.

Good luck to everyone and feel free to post your plan deals.

Edit: Called retentions earlier myself. had a nice chat. Wanted to see what it was about. My CSR was from Montreal, not from the Philippines as someone posted earlier. Koodo does not have a direct number to their retentions dept, have to call the regular line, wait on hold and have the CSR transfer you. It's still fairly new. Being in business myself with some negotiating skills wanted to see what they would do for me even though I did not technically need anymore and made it clear was not threatening to leave or anything. Honest, no games. Did quite a bit better but will not post what I got. Plan was personalized for me and when you call plan will be personalized for you. Some ppl need more data, some need more minutes. Be nice, show you want to stay, they will/should be nice and be more willing to help. Not one to post a lot on RFD but did very well on this promo and the plan now also. If Koodo reception is the same as Telus, should be a happy camper for years to come. Will post a hint but that's just the basic plan outline without the other incentives. Not here to say I got a better or less of a deal than anyone else. But moral is they will negotiate. Keeping extras to myself, no need to advertise. Happy New year!
Images
  • Screenshot - 12_31_2017 , 7_02_41 PM.png
Feb 22, 2013
214 posts
21 upvotes
Crichtonfan wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 1:24 pm

This is a $55 1Gb plan with 500 Canada wide minutes. The 2GB bonus seems to be permanent and the $10 discount is for 12 months.

Will be a good deal if it comes with unlimited Canada wide minutes.

Mar 18, 2015
895 posts
177 upvotes
Antarctica
^ yep. Still not bad for 3 GB for a year IF the koodo reps won't budge (i am tired after calling many times already).

You can use it for a year and hop onto the next best deal as it comes along. Sort of a last resort when no retention rep is willing to help you out.

I have the $55 koodo plan with 3GB data and 500 canada-wide minutes and the rep simply told me if i want a discount i can "shop around" as they are unable to give out plans "that cheap".

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)