Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] (YMMV) LG Electronics 5.2 cu.ft Front Load Washer with TurboWash WM3800HBA

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2019 7:42 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3117 posts
1881 upvotes
GTA
micromen wrote: Front loads are crap. Never again will I be fooled. Top loads all the way. The simpler the better.
Not true. Unless you find " new old stock", the new HE top loaders are pure garbage. I just returned higher end Whirlpool top loader. After 120 min wash cycle, stuff in the middle of the drum was untouched and bone dry. Deep fill made zero difference. Simplel, agitator model - you might get by, but new models without agitator - stay away. All the tests confirm the same thing, top loaders are good at bringing memories back, when you remember your grandma, mom dumping laundry from the top.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3117 posts
1881 upvotes
GTA
Trying to upload pictures.
Images
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3117 posts
1881 upvotes
GTA
Cash card for the washing machine.
Images
  • image.jpg
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3219 posts
647 upvotes
nihulen wrote:
Oct 19th, 2019 8:41 am
I when ahead cancel the order with HD, instead i when bestbuy see what they can offer for WH3800HBA and DLE3500W (i wont be using steam function on small space, so steam function is not needed), final pricing is $1414 with free delivery and hose
Machines are different colours, in case you didn't notice and care about that. One is like a black grey (3800) and the 3500 is like a stainless grey.

Also, I don't get the "steam in a small space" comment? I thought I'd never use the steam function but I've used it a few times already, and quite often for the steam fresh (put a few wrinkled items in, it'll steam and dry and remove the wrinkles for items you don't want to iron).

3800 is a great set. Picked it up for under $1,400 all-in delivered (PMd at HD) back when this promo started - so this is a good price.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2451 posts
1064 upvotes
Victoria
micromen wrote:
Oct 20th, 2019 6:25 pm
Front loads are crap. Never again will I be fooled. Top loads all the way. The simpler the better.
This is your experience. Please don’t spread generalizations. If I were a simpler man I’d scream “FAKE NEWS” in response to your post.
Oct 31, 2007
3366 posts
447 upvotes
micromen wrote:
Oct 20th, 2019 6:25 pm
Front loads are crap. Never again will I be fooled. Top loads all the way. The simpler the better.
Definitely agree, much prefer the top loads with no agitator
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2796 posts
676 upvotes
Tommy74 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2019 6:56 pm
Not true. Unless you find " new old stock", the new HE top loaders are pure garbage. I just returned higher end Whirlpool top loader. After 120 min wash cycle, stuff in the middle of the drum was untouched and bone dry. Deep fill made zero difference. Simplel, agitator model - you might get by, but new models without agitator - stay away. All the tests confirm the same thing, top loaders are good at bringing memories back, when you remember your grandma, mom dumping laundry from the top.
Top load + soak = best cleaning result. Wait for the sale and get this LG top load: https://www.costco.ca/LG-5.8-cu.-ft.-Wh ... 82610.html
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
5716 posts
201 upvotes
wait didn't we get side load to save water? so we can wash twice as often!
Jan 22, 2009
33 posts
hvc wrote:
Oct 20th, 2019 9:01 pm
Machines are different colours, in case you didn't notice and care about that. One is like a black grey (3800) and the 3500 is like a stainless grey.

Also, I don't get the "steam in a small space" comment? I thought I'd never use the steam function but I've used it a few times already, and quite often for the steam fresh (put a few wrinkled items in, it'll steam and dry and remove the wrinkles for items you don't want to iron).

3800 is a great set. Picked it up for under $1,400 all-in delivered (PMd at HD) back when this promo started - so this is a good price.
Is under 1400 including tax delivery, all required hoses and installation? If it's than it's even cheaper than Costco.

Would you mind posting receipt? It would be helpful.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2006
1556 posts
187 upvotes
For those who brought, is it recommended to use metal hose and metal Y connector? Thx.