Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[TD] Aeroplan Infinite Visa 40000 pts + 5000 pts YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2016 5:05 am
Tags:
None
Feb 8, 2007
860 posts
317 upvotes

[TD] Aeroplan Infinite Visa 40000 pts + 5000 pts YMMV

This deal is YMMV.

This morning I called TD Visa because I had to make an adjustment. I signed up for the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card in March, but kept my old TD Green Visa card because I planned on canceling the Aeroplan card after the first free year.

The CSR offered me to convert my Green Visa card into another TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card with 40000 bonus points plus additional 5000 points for my wife's authorized Green Visa card. The CSR confirmed that there will no fees even for the secondary card. I asked him if there will be fees for the year after, he said there will be no fees because I have the All Inclusive Banking Account. So I looked up quickly on the All Inclusive Banking Plan web page here for which cards it covers. Notice the bold parts, only 3 cards had their fees waived previously and it did not include an additional card.

Annual Fee rebated for your choice of one of five select TD Credit Cards.1
1Subject to credit approval. Annual Fee rebate applies only for the Primary Cardholder of one of the following new (to you) TD Credit Cards - TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card, TD® Aeroplan® Visa Platinum* Card, TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card, TD Platinum Travel Visa Card or TD Gold Elite Visa Card – and one Authorized User for the same Account for as long as the All-Inclusive account remains open and in good standing. All other fees and charges applicable to the selected and approved TD Credit Card Account continue to apply.

After I agreed to the terms on the phone. He noticed I have a secondary TD MasterCard, which is my wife's card. Then he offered the same deal to convert my wife's MasterCard to Aeroplan Visa Infinite with 40000 bonus points. Unfortunately my wife was not available at that moment. So tonight I called TD Visa again to get the same deal for my wife's card, the CSR had to confirm if the promotion is available for her account and then she signed up too.

I asked how long will it take for the points to appear, I was told after one full billing cycle.
279 replies
Mar 3, 2017
494 posts
265 upvotes
Woodstock
So to understand this correctly... all I need to do is add my significant other to my TD Aeroplane Visa Infinite card? That's it? And it'll get me 40000 miles?????

Help me if I'm not getting this haha.. thanks!
Feb 8, 2007
860 posts
317 upvotes
No from what I understood they can convert another TD credit card that you hold to an Aeroplan card with the bonus points. Having an authorized card just gives you additional 5000 points.
Nov 24, 2008
67 posts
31 upvotes
Thanks OP. I just called TD visa, the CSR explained to me how to get the 40000 aeroplan points.
15000 - welcome bouns
10000 - spend 1000 within 90 days
5000 - add a authorized User
15000 - open a new all inclusive or unlimited chequing

Since I already had a all inclusive account, the CSR suggested me to open another unlimited chequing account in order to get the extra 15000 points.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
48988 posts
10269 upvotes
Richmond Hill
charlesliu wrote: Thanks OP. I just called TD visa, the CSR explained to me how to get the 40000 aeroplan points.
15000 - welcome bouns

Since I already had a all inclusive account, the CSR suggested me to open another unlimited chequing account in order to get the extra 15000 points.
Interesting, so where is the 15K bonus for opening a new all inclusive account posted?
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
9003 posts
5727 upvotes
charlesliu wrote: Thanks OP. I just called TD visa, the CSR explained to me how to get the 40000 aeroplan points.
15000 - welcome bouns

In addition to opening an chequing account, you need to have direct deposit and direct debit happen in the account.

Extra 1000 AP miles if you add overdraft protection.

The most you can get with this promo is 46,000 miles for the infinite AP, 36,000 for the Platinum AP
Mar 3, 2017
494 posts
265 upvotes
Woodstock
I already have a TD Aeroplan infinite and a TD Visa Infinite Travel... What other card could i convert to this program to get the bonus points? Sorry, bit slow on the uptake here..
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12707 posts
6222 upvotes
xawaisx wrote: This deal is YMMV.

This morning I called TD Visa because I had to make an adjustment. I signed up for the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card in March, but kept my old TD Green Visa card because I planned on canceling the Aeroplan card after the first free year.

The CSR offered me to convert my Green Visa card into another TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card with 40000 bonus points plus additional 5000 points for my wife's authorized Green Visa card. The CSR confirmed that there will no fees even for the secondary card. I asked him if there will be fees for the year after, he said there will be no fees because I have the All Inclusive Banking Account. So I looked up quickly on the All Inclusive Banking Plan web page here for which cards it covers. Notice the bold parts, only 3 cards had their fees waived previously and it did not include an additional card.

Annual Fee rebated for your choice of one of five select TD Credit Cards.1
1Subject to credit approval. Annual Fee rebate applies only for the Primary Cardholder of one of the following new (to you) TD Credit Cards - TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card, TD® Aeroplan® Visa Platinum* Card, TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card, TD Platinum Travel Visa Card or TD Gold Elite Visa Card – and one Authorized User for the same Account for as long as the All-Inclusive account remains open and in good standing. All other fees and charges applicable to the selected and approved TD Credit Card Account continue to apply.

After I agreed to the terms on the phone. He noticed I have a secondary TD MasterCard, which is my wife's card. Then he offered the same deal to convert my wife's MasterCard to Aeroplan Visa Infinite with 40000 bonus points. Unfortunately my wife was not available at that moment. So tonight I called TD Visa again to get the same deal for my wife's card, the CSR had to confirm if the promotion is available for her account and then she signed up too.

I asked how long will it take for the points to appear, I was told after one full billing cycle.
So you are going to have 2 of the TD Aeroplan VISA infinite card. You can do that?
^ I am slow at this hour too... maybe I am slow all the time.
Jan 27, 2005
377 posts
69 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Can you link multiple TD Aeroplan cards to the same Aeroplan account?
Mar 3, 2017
494 posts
265 upvotes
Woodstock
Dangaa wrote: Can you link multiple TD Aeroplan cards to the same Aeroplan account?
That one I know.... yes! haha
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
bobcat99 wrote: So you are going to have 2 of the TD Aeroplan VISA infinite card. You can do that?
^ I am slow at this hour too... maybe I am slow all the time.
Yes for sure you can.
But The important thing you must have an all inclusive bank account with TD.
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Mar 3, 2017
494 posts
265 upvotes
Woodstock
I have an all inclusive account, but I think it's linked to my TD Visa Infinite Travel card... does it matter, or can I link that card too? Jesus, this is confusing lol hahaha... are the lines open 24/7 or do I need to call them tomorrow? Thanks!
Feb 8, 2007
860 posts
317 upvotes
Yes I will have two Aeroplan Visa cards linked to my Aeroplan account. My wife will have her Aeroplan Visa card linked to the same Aeroplan account.

So it seems like this offer is for those with a new (or existing in my case) all inclusive banking account or unlimited chequing account as charlesliu mentioned.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
3282 posts
565 upvotes
xawaisx wrote: I signed up for the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card in March, but kept my old TD Green Visa card because I planned on canceling the Aeroplan card after the first free year.
Is it still first year free for that card? I need ~15,000 Aeroplan points soon, and this seems like the easiest way.
Sep 6, 2010
789 posts
99 upvotes
Waterloo
charlesliu wrote: Since I already had a all inclusive account, the CSR suggested me to open another unlimited chequing account in order to get the extra 15000 points.
You should get this confirmed - most likely it'll have similar restrictions to their other promos (ie. no existing chequings account or closed over a year ago)
Nov 24, 2008
67 posts
31 upvotes
CsG wrote: You should get this confirmed - most likely it'll have similar restrictions to their other promos (ie. no existing chequings account or closed over a year ago)
I confirmed with another CSR from easyline this morning when I try to open a new chequing account.
He said as long as I open a new unlimited account and make 1 bill payment or purchase from that account, i will get 15000 points right away.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
1537 posts
761 upvotes
T Dot
What the heck, I swear a week ago the all inclusive account only has 1 of 3 eligible cards included for free. Now aeroplan is added??? is it a better card compared to first class visa infinite?
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
1198 posts
363 upvotes
dk87 wrote: What the heck, I swear a week ago the all inclusive account only has 1 of 3 eligible cards included for free. Now aeroplan is added??? is it a better card compared to first class visa infinite?
+1, maybe I should consider opening an all inclusive account now
Dec 16, 2014
21 posts
16 upvotes
Stratford, PE
I spoke to a CSR on online chat and she confirmed that as long as it's an upgrade from an existing card (or new application), you are eligible for the promotion.

I opened an all-inclusive account a couple of months ago with the first class visa and aeroplan cards weren't included at that time. Then it was a choice of 1 of 3 cards, now it's 1 of 5. This worked out really well for me because I'll have been able to get all of these promotions:
-$60 GCR referral for first class
-TD reimbursed me an extra $120 annual fee on the FC visa by accident
-Samsung tablet and 6 mths next issue subscription
-$200 FC travel credit (plus another $100 for spending)
-25,000 aeroplan points
-$50 shop.ca credit + 3,000 aeroplan pts
-hopefully another 5,000 pts for extra user

Not to mention that about a month ago I had the visa infinite aeroplan card but had an offer to upgrade it to visa infinite privilege for $199 annual fee which gives me:
-25,000 aeroplan pts
-$400 luxury hotel credit
-4 maple leaf lounge passes/calendar year
-6 global airport lounge passes

So upgrading gave me that promotion but also made me eligible for this one since I don't have the infinite card anymore.

Feeling pretty good about this year's travel hacking!
Jan 1, 2012
593 posts
247 upvotes
Sainte-Therese
Just spoke to a TD rep about converting my cb master card to a aeroplan. was not offered promo as OP

Platinum welcome bonus 10,000 + 5k after 1000$ spend 5k for adding an AU $89AF
Infinite welcome bonus 15,000 + 10k after 1000$ spend 5k for adding an AU $120AF
Infinite privileged 25,000 + 25k after 1000$ spend 5k for adding an AU $399AF

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)