Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2004
1170 posts
2 upvotes

Yogurt without modified corn starch?

Hello,

Is it possible to buy yogurt without modified corn starch and, if yes, where/what brands?

Thanks!
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
5703 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
have you tried organic yogurt in the organic isle of your grocery store? I'm pretty sure they don't use it.
Heat 43-0-0
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2004
1170 posts
2 upvotes
I tried a couple of small organic stores in GTA, didn't have it there. Will try Loblaws and Metro. Also tried in Costco, Walmart and No Frills, but I don't really expect to find it there (all had modified corn starch).

I searched a bit on the Internet, and it looks like Greek yogurt might not have modified corn starch.
Aug 15, 2006
653 posts
19 upvotes
you'll have to go full fat if you want a yogurt with no modified corn starch. it's added to low or non fat yogurts to give it body and texture.
Jan 29, 2006
411 posts
13 upvotes
Real yogurt has fat in it. Here is the ingredient list from

Astro Original Balkan Style Plain

Skim milk, cream, active bacterial cultures.

and Astro Zero

Skim milk (vitamin A palmitate, vitamin A (beta carotene), vitamin D3)*, flavour blend (water, modified corn starch, lemon juice concentrate, locust bean gum, potassium sorbate, sucralose (22 mg per 125 g serving), natural and artificial flavour, caramel colour), whey protein concentrate, milk protein concentrate, modified corn starch, gelatin, pectin, sodium citrate, active bacterial cultures.

Now which one do you want to eat?
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2003
3702 posts
5 upvotes
Most of the yogurts without fruits and 1%, 2% or 3.25% don't have added modified corn starch. Astro is a good one or Western Creamery (I prefer Western Creamery) - those are available everywhere.
Also try kefir
× < >