Students

York BAS degree converting to BComm?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 7:38 am
[OP]
Dec 4, 2017
1 posts

York BAS degree converting to BComm?

I recently received an email from York about converting BAS degree to BComm. Any BAS graduates out there interested in this please?

I am seriously considering it... but not sure if it worth the money! It is not cheap... to get a re-print of parchment needs $85 Face Screaming In Fear
3 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
1748 posts
480 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Have you had any problems getting a job with your degree? It not, I don't see why it would be worth it. The whole reason York finally changed it was due to complaints that BAS was not as recognizable as BCom and employers saw BAS as a disadvantage compared to a BCom.
:D
Jul 9, 2015
76 posts
28 upvotes
Do you actually need a reprint of the parchment to have your degree officially recognized as BComm? Don't think it's worth getting it reprinted since no one asks for a hard copy of a degree.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
1700 posts
269 upvotes
Brampton
User244040 wrote:
Dec 9th, 2017 11:16 am
Do you actually need a reprint of the parchment to have your degree officially recognized as BComm? Don't think it's worth getting it reprinted since no one asks for a hard copy of a degree.
I have had to bring my degree for some interviews mostly with the government though. I have actually lost some opportunities because the employer was looking for BBA or BCOM and wasn’t sold on BAS being the same thing. There are some old threads here from people complaining about the name so it’s a great change and I ordered everything I could.