Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
2372 posts
1371 upvotes

York U might have its water shut off?

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/0 ... -bill.html

I'm glad I don't have kids, but if I did, York is the LAST place I'd send them to school. This gives me yet another reason.

I guess if they shut the water off, that would make those incessant picket lines redundant since nobody would want to go in...
40 replies
Jan 12, 2017
647 posts
733 upvotes
YK
Thanks OP. York's problems, including strke (and other college/university strikes) make online degrees look good. Many accredited online Canadian college and university programs available. Little history of strikes. And you can work while studying :)
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3374 posts
923 upvotes
Parry Sound
York U is a complete joke.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
5176 posts
526 upvotes
Scarborough
Man how long is this going to drag on? Feel sorry for the students specially in end of semesters
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
2372 posts
1371 upvotes
apnayloags wrote:
Apr 15th, 2018 1:53 pm
Man how long is this going to drag on? Feel sorry for the students specially in end of semesters
Kind of hard to feel sorry for the students. Caveat emptor in action -- you buy crap you get crap. Should have gone to another school.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
1318 posts
378 upvotes
^^ Ryerson is actually a good school. A lot of recent graduates appear to be having great success in their field. I would say being connected to the downtown hub with different nationalities, gives Ryerson a unique edge. In the end, it doesn't matter where you go. At the end of the day everyone will have that piece of paper, it's up to you to open those doors. Yeah, I could spend thousands of dollars and say I went to UofT, but if my personality sucks, and I don't have good business sense, none of that matters.
Apr 14, 2017
638 posts
237 upvotes
DT Calgary
Outside of Schulich, which has its own union, why would you ever contemplate going to York? Sure its in Toronto, which is nice for a lot of people. However, is that convenience really worth it?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
2372 posts
1371 upvotes
FreshCo wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 1:19 am
Outside of Schulich, which has its own union, why would you ever contemplate going to York? Sure its in Toronto, which is nice for a lot of people. However, is that convenience really worth it?
UofT and Ryerson are right downtown which is a hell of a lot more convenient than York... and they don't close down due to strikes every year either.

When I was in high school, if you wanted to question somebody's intelligence you said "He was accepted to York..." Apparently that statement still applies today.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2012 posts
903 upvotes
Richmond Hill
EastGTARedFlagger wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 4:06 pm
UofT and Ryerson are right downtown which is a hell of a lot more convenient than York... and they don't close down due to strikes every year either.

When I was in high school, if you wanted to question somebody's intelligence you said "He was accepted to York..." Apparently that statement still applies today.
The hate is strong with this one.

Maybe it is more convenient for you, but not me.

I am currently at York and ya the strike sucks, but I appreciate what the Union is going through. It is the university itself which has dragged along the strike and is waiting for government intervention as it usually results in the employer's favour.

This strike represents the fight against precarity in the workplace which is an ever-increasing battle as companies continue to see labour as disposable and will cut employees to continue their supposed growth.

It is really hard to focus on my future with this strike on-going but its needed to secure our future as employees.
:D
Apr 14, 2017
638 posts
237 upvotes
DT Calgary
moulamou wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 4:34 pm
The hate is strong with this one.

Maybe it is more convenient for you, but not me.

I am currently at York and ya the strike sucks, but I appreciate what the Union is going through. It is the university itself which has dragged along the strike and is waiting for government intervention as it usually results in the employer's favour.

This strike represents the fight against precarity in the workplace which is an ever-increasing battle as companies continue to see labour as disposable and will cut employees to continue their supposed growth.

It is really hard to focus on my future with this strike on-going but its needed to secure our future as employees.
I take it you hope/plan on working in the public sector.