Students

The York University Thread

[OP]
Feb 16, 2005
930 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto

The York University Thread

I guess since it's the only school left without a thread.

To start it off, is anyone doing Frosh this year either as a leader or a participant?

Also, does anyone know when the OSAP documents are ready to pick-up? Too bad that Unitext closed down, I guess that's one less option to buy and sell our books.
6122 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
4831 posts
271 upvotes
I'm in 4th year, Majoring in Geography, getting certificate in GIS. I'm looking forward to Yorkfest for ALL THE FREE STUFF!!!! I dunno when osap documents are ready to be picked up but I always pick them up pretty late when there are nomore line-ups.

Heres a tip, for some classes you don't even need to buy the book as the prof either doesn't even use it or its on reserve in the library. If you're REALLY cheap some of the books aren't shrink wrapped in the bookstore, you can read it in there if nobody sees you.

Oh btw the URL in your signature to yorkonline or something doesn't work.
Aug 3, 2005
677 posts
3 upvotes
For textbooks,I always buy my textbooks used and then re sell them after that.You might only lose like 20 bucks per textbook if they continue to use the textbook or sometimes you can resell them at the same price.Dont be cheap in textbooks but there are some courses where textbooks are hardly used.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
4831 posts
271 upvotes
yeah several courses i've gotten like B+ and I don't even know what the book looks like.
Aug 3, 2005
677 posts
3 upvotes
B plus is a very good grade.I noticed that in your final years,getting a plus is like nearly impossible and getting A is lot and lot of work.

A piece of advice is that asked a lot of info about the prof that teaches a course.It is very important as some courses are lot easier by some prof rather than others.
Aug 3, 2005
677 posts
3 upvotes
Anyone at atkinson needs advice about the compulsory courses,post here and i will try my best to help you.I was in accounting major and most electives were finance at atkinson.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2005
1440 posts
2nd year polisci, from what I recall documents pickup are late august or early sept.
Banned
Oct 11, 2005
3950 posts
34 upvotes
why is frosh week one week long?
do i have to go to every single event?
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
4831 posts
271 upvotes
To be honest I never went to frosh week.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2005
5022 posts
6 upvotes
Markham
TechRock wrote:why is frosh week one week long?
do i have to go to every single event?
No but if you didn't it would be a waste of money.
Oct 28, 2004
180 posts
54 upvotes
Does anyone know when Frosh week starts for York?
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2005
4552 posts
1792 upvotes
Toronto
PrimoTurbo wrote:2nd year polisci, from what I recall documents pickup are late august or early sept.
if you are taking political theory (think it is still a requirement) try to get prof. newman, one of the best profs i've had so far.
Email = [myusername] @ GMail.com
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] Fido LTE micro sim
[OP]
Feb 16, 2005
930 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
mrl14 wrote:Does anyone know when Frosh week starts for York?
It depends on your college. It usually starts during the last week of August and runs through Labour Day. Each college has their own thing, so it's best to get in contact with them.