Students

The York University Thread

Apr 28, 2012
204 posts
26 upvotes
Thayank wrote:
Jun 4th, 2013 6:55 pm
Does anyone have any info about Brony Fong for ADMS 4520? Im new to York and don't really know any students.
He is amazing. He actually graduated from the BAS accounting program and is a CA working for Ernst & Young.

He makes his own notes and distributes it to the class which helped. I had him for stats 2 tho not advanced accounting but im sure he will still be as good.
Apr 22, 2013
463 posts
62 upvotes
minty14 wrote:
Jun 4th, 2013 7:57 pm
He is amazing. He actually graduated from the BAS accounting program and is a CA working for Ernst & Young.

He makes his own notes and distributes it to the class which helped. I had him for stats 2 tho not advanced accounting but im sure he will still be as good.
+1 I had him for stats 2 as well. Very knowledgeable and willing to help students.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2009
1445 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
I am in need of help. I am planning to do pursue a CGA designation and am puzzled as to WHICH COURSE TO TAKE.

https://www.cga-ontario.org/York__Faculty_of_LAPS.aspx

From the website listed above, it states that I need to obtain my degree with "Accounting Theory and Contemporary Issues (ADMS 4510) or Managing and Implementing Strategic Information Systems (ADMS 4511)".

My question is which one is less difficult....ADMS 4510 or ADMS 4511. I don't have any electives, and must take 10 courses per year, so my goal is try not to take as much "Ball breaking" courses if I could.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2009
1445 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone also provide me with a 6 credit full year EASY electives?

I've already taken Intro to Psyc, AND History of Astronomy.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2005
1034 posts
32 upvotes
Brampton
blitzforce wrote:
Jun 6th, 2013 2:43 am

I would just ask your fellow classmates in person. Seems like you can't really find a current list of "bird" courses @ york online anywhere. Generally you should be ok, but also be aware that what one person may consider a bird course may be a little harder for the next person.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
6532 posts
262 upvotes
York
blitzforce wrote:
Jun 6th, 2013 2:43 am

Hey weren't you at Ryerson at some point? I swear I saw your name on the Ryerson forum.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2009
1445 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
dankup wrote:
Jun 6th, 2013 12:02 pm
Hey weren't you at Ryerson at some point? I swear I saw your name on the Ryerson forum.
I dont go to Ryerson but some of my friends do, but they dont visit RFD, so I just went to the Ryerson thread and gave my opinion on some of the subjects.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
4600 posts
843 upvotes
Brony is more generous for part marks for assignments. He did not provide additional notes for Advanced Accounting and his accent can be hard to understand at times but he's a nice guy. For exams I think the other professor (Farrell) runs the course and writes the exam questions. Farrell provides more elaborate explanations to assigned questions during class discussion.
minty14 wrote:
Jun 4th, 2013 7:57 pm

Jun 5, 2013
4 posts
1 upvote
to be graded?

I deferred a winter exam in LAPS -Administrative Studies. I wrote it on the twenty-sixth of May.

It will be 10 business days by Friday's end.

I'm guessing either then, next Friday, June 24th, or August 1st (revision of winter grades deadline).

Knowing York... they will not mark it at all.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
4600 posts
843 upvotes
Has your mark been updated in your grade report ? Mine still has not been graded and I wrote it on the 26th of May.
Some other person I know in another course wrote their exam on the 26th and got their mark back already.
CigaretteSmokingMan wrote:
Jun 6th, 2013 10:06 pm
to be graded?

I deferred a winter exam in LAPS -Administrative Studies. I wrote it on the twenty-sixth of May.

It will be 10 business days by Friday's end.

I'm guessing either then, next Friday, June 24th, or August 1st (revision of winter grades deadline).

Knowing York... they will not mark it at all.
Jun 5, 2013
4 posts
1 upvote
Hey, I messaged my prof. He said he did mark them and submit on the 29th of May.

One receptionist told me end of week/next week (I was not confident in her response). One receptionist today told me "should be up towards the end of next week." She was more reassuring.

So, I guess some profs marked their sections and or the dept. Is taking their sweet time entering it in. Surprise!
Jun 6, 2013
2 posts
Hi,

I'm petitioning to withdraw late from a course and need to get my Prof to fill out the CPS form. Can I just email him and ask him if he's available to fill it out any time soon, or do I actually need to convince him to fill it out? As in, can professors refuse to fill out the CPS form?
Apr 22, 2013
463 posts
62 upvotes
ilikefooooood wrote:
Jun 7th, 2013 9:33 pm
Hi,

I'm petitioning to withdraw late from a course and need to get my Prof to fill out the CPS form. Can I just email him and ask him if he's available to fill it out any time soon, or do I actually need to convince him to fill it out? As in, can professors refuse to fill out the CPS form?
No need to contact the professor, just give the form to your department. You could also email or fax the completed CPS form to the department. I dont think they are allowed to refuse. Its a matter of whether or not the york committee will remove that course for you.
Jun 6, 2013
2 posts
Financeftw wrote:
Jun 7th, 2013 10:03 pm
No need to contact the professor, just give the form to your department. You could also email or fax the completed CPS form to the department. I dont think they are allowed to refuse. Its a matter of whether or not the york committee will remove that course for you.

Okay, thanks so much!
× < >