Students

The York University Thread

Oct 5, 2016
2 posts
Share your experiences for ECON1000 - Microeconomics. I just enrolled in Section B and prof is Simin Seury. Friend said it was easy as he took it over the summer and that you just need to look at the test bank for this course. Others have said that they got A+ just by following MyEconLab and doing the sample tests. I'm confident I'll get an A but wanna know if any of you can hook me up with the test bank? Thanks.
Nov 8, 2013
3 posts
Has anyone here been involved in the admin side of clubs?

Are S@Y students allowed to join under any circumstances?
Nov 5, 2016
2 posts
Does anyone know when YorkU starts sending out acceptances for Winter2017
Jul 30, 2013
238 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
MassiAbdi wrote:
Nov 6th, 2016 11:29 am
Does anyone know when YorkU starts sending out acceptances for Winter2017
You should've already got your acceptance if you're talking about the winter term starting January 17'.
Feb 13, 2015
89 posts
4 upvotes
Guelph, ON
lkkarus wrote:
Oct 11th, 2016 6:50 pm
Has anyone here been involved in the admin side of clubs?

Are S@Y students allowed to join under any circumstances?
I believe it is somewhere in their student associations form that only York students can join clubs same with S@Y. Of course nothing against just showing up heh.
Jul 30, 2013
238 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
TrinityC277748 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2016 9:51 pm
where to get free condoms in the campus?
Lol, I wouldn't recommend using any free condoms unless they're brand name. But to answer your question, they're all around the residences and there's a place in South Ross - I don't know if it's still there from when I was at York but there's a place there that gives them away.
Nov 5, 2016
2 posts
aaronjtml wrote:
Nov 6th, 2016 11:29 am
You should've already got your acceptance if you're talking about the winter term starting January 17'.
Hey, I received my acceptance shortly after posting that question. Thank you tho!
Jul 30, 2013
238 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
MassiAbdi wrote:
Nov 25th, 2016 12:50 pm
Hey, I received my acceptance shortly after posting that question. Thank you tho!
Congrats! I wish you all the best in your studies! If you need any advice, let me know. Best wishes.
Oct 12, 2017
1 posts
Hello everybody! I know that this forum has been inactive for quite some time, just in case someone stumbles upon this post, I have a quick question to ask.
I'm pretty confident that I want to take either Environmental Biology or Environmental Science for 2020 or a year later depending on a situation, my question is: What are the differences between the two?

ThanksWinking Face
Apr 24, 2016
18 posts
Thornhill, ON
Proness wrote:
Oct 6th, 2016 12:26 am
Share your experiences for ECON1000 - Microeconomics. I just enrolled in Section B and prof is Simin Seury. Friend said it was easy as he took it over the summer and that you just need to look at the test bank for this course. Others have said that they got A+ just by following MyEconLab and doing the sample tests. I'm confident I'll get an A but wanna know if any of you can hook me up with the test bank? Thanks.
Seury is good. Although she does have an accent and sometimes is a little hard to understand, she genuinely tries to teach and does a good job at going over the course concepts. Just do your MyEconLab quizzes (ALL of them), read the book and take notes, and that should be it for an A (at least).
I don't skip classes and I wouldn't recommend you (or anyone) do, even though you *may* feel attending is unnecessary. Some concepts are particularly difficult to understand and you won't get it unless you attend the lecture.
Mar 9, 2009
6 posts
I am interested in taking Electrical Engineering at York U, and was wondering if anyone here have experiences and can help me answer the following questions

1. Course Load: On avg, what does my day look like, how many hours per day does one spend in lectures or labs, will my after school life be non-existent?
2. Avg 1st year pass rate
3. Avg program GPA
4. 1-4 year life difference
5. How much electives am I looking at? ( I assume few to none so far)
6. Accredited in Canadian Engineering, so this school is as recognized as any other engineering school besides prestige?

Thank you all in advance
May 28, 2015
49 posts
18 upvotes
Milton, ON
if any one has any additional resources they can refer me to for the following courses I would appreciate it. (videos, websites, past exams/questions etc.)
EECS 2021
MATH/EECS 1019
MATH 1300
Thank you

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)