The York University Thread

Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8515 upvotes
GTHA
Metrolinx terminating GO bus service to York U campus
https://www.680news.com/2018/11/06/go-b ... niversity/
As of January, students using public transit to York University’s Keele campus will have an extra stop added to their commute.

According to a notice on the university’s website posted Tuesday, the GO bus that currently stops on campus will now be re-routed to the Highway 407 bus and train station at Jane Street and the 407.

Students will then need to hop off the bus and take the TTC subway to the Pioneer Village or York University stops along the new Line 1 extension that opened in December last year.

Along with the added stop, an additional fare is required to transfer from the GO to the TTC. To facilitate the move, GO Transit has introduced a double discounted fare (DDF) of $1.50 in cooperation with the TTC. However in order to take advantage of the DDF, a Presto card is required. The university website says they will “continue to advocate for a full fare integration.”

The removal comes on the heels of the suspension of York Regional Transit’s Viva bus service to the campus back in September. Since then, the Viva buses were redirected to the Pioneer Village stop and students have to either walk 15-20 minutes to campus or take the TTC subway one stop to York University station.

The GO bus service was supposed to run till the end of the school term in early spring, but will now be terminated months earlier, on Jan. 5, 2019.
Apr 24, 2016
21 posts
1 upvote
Thornhill, ON
Didn't know construction is still going on above Ross building. For my first class at Ross S203, I didn't even know Ross Building had a second floor!
Mar 3, 2019
2 posts
Hi everyone.

I applied for the PhD in Gender, Feminist and Women's Studies at York University? Did anyone get in? Did anyone receive admission to any PhD programs at York U?

Thanks,
Racheal
Feb 22, 2019
7 posts
1 upvote
Has anyone completed the Honours BHS program and applied into Medical school. Do you have any recommendations on the pathway that you took?

Thank you in advance (:
Mar 6, 2015
386 posts
24 upvotes
rachellawrence2 wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 3:51 pm
jayteex wrote:
May 3rd, 2019 11:48 pm
Has anyone completed the Honours BHS program and applied into Medical school. Do you have any recommendations on the pathway that you took?
Please note the time between the consecutive posts and act accordingly?
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!😃
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39507 posts
5842 upvotes
King City
If anyone has questions about the Certificate in Cyber Security program: Fundamentals & Advanced program that's part of the Continuing Education faculty, please let me know.

Will be graduating shortly from this program :)
Proud to be an Indian.