York or Waterloo for Business?

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2006 7:35 am
Tags:
None
Dec 20, 2003
844 posts
2 upvotes
diabolical7 wrote:i'd do both, sign UW and if schulich accepts sign schulich's and den cancel UW
he has been aceepted to both...
i mentioned it in the first post
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
2343 posts
142 upvotes
ryan123 wrote:he has been aceepted to both...
i mentioned it in the first post
well now u need to consider financial reasons...
would u goto waterloo spend double due to residence and travelling etc...
or u stay at home and take that money u save and get a car or whatever

and for those that say night life's good at UW... ummm i tend to think its what u make it to be... but if u don't want parents around den goto UW
Dec 20, 2003
844 posts
2 upvotes
we are in ottawa so the cost will probably be the same
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
2343 posts
142 upvotes
actually UW rent will be cheaper than toronto... but food selection suffers in UW compared to Toronto... basically if u want fun goto Schulich cuz its in Toronto... but if u goto Waterloo u'll be very limited in night life selection and food and entertainment... but if u have a car then that also plays a role
Dec 20, 2003
844 posts
2 upvotes
my friend doesnt really care about food and entertainment that much lol
Aug 23, 2005
304 posts
Waterloo, Ont.
diabolical7 wrote:actually UW rent will be cheaper than toronto... but food selection suffers in UW compared to Toronto... basically if u want fun goto Schulich cuz its in Toronto... but if u goto Waterloo u'll be very limited in night life selection and food and entertainment... but if u have a car then that also plays a role
All but that first sentence is completely false.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2003
1141 posts
11 upvotes
Cafe_333 wrote:Your friend even has to think about this? Schulich is one of the top business programs in all north america with a reputation as prestigous as Yale and Harvard. The cutoff to get into that program is ridiculously high and if successfully graduates will have a much easier time finding a job anywhere he chooses and the rights to find one with a significantly higher starting pay. Any employer would hands down grab a Schulich graduate over a Waterloo Business graduate. Nobody cares if you are in a business program at any University, but if you say you're in Schulich, that's status!
LoL!! You're funny.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2004
3091 posts
139 upvotes
GTA
okay - is your friend a type A person? The UG program at Schulich is very much built for type A's.

I think you need to name the top 3-5 things your friend wants out of their uni or program and then rank those against the schools. Each thing can have a point value even. There you go, a weighted selection model.

And waterloo can be fun - think of Ottawa minus the french, the rideau, and the cheap ($) cultural attractions.
Dec 20, 2003
844 posts
2 upvotes
he said better future, and good programs lol.
Deal Guru
Mar 30, 2002
12415 posts
10 upvotes
Rosico wrote:okay - is your friend a type A person? The UG program at Schulich is very much built for type A's.

I think you need to name the top 3-5 things your friend wants out of their uni or program and then rank those against the schools. Each thing can have a point value even. There you go, a weighted selection model.

And waterloo can be fun - think of Ottawa minus the french, the rideau, and the cheap ($) cultural attractions.
I would say his friend isn't a Type-A and will fail at Schulich which I heard is a very competitive and demanding program...

The "friend" couldn't even sign up and post himself, he had to relay everything through ryan123... it's his future, it's his decision, so why is he leaving the research and decision making to someone else :confused:
:hay:

[You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period.]
Dec 20, 2003
844 posts
2 upvotes
B40 wrote:I would say his friend isn't a Type-A and will fail at Schulich which I heard is a very competitive and demanding program...

The "friend" couldn't even sign up and post himself, he had to relay everything through ryan123... it's his future, it's his decision, so why is he leaving the research and decision making to someone else :confused:
lol, yes, his kinda lazy , but im trying to help him out. So do u have to take English at SHulich, and how hard is it compare to the math faculty at Waterloo (Im going to CS at UW).
Deal Guru
Mar 30, 2002
12415 posts
10 upvotes
ryan123 wrote:lol, yes, his kinda lazy , but im trying to help him out. So do u have to take English at SHulich, and how hard is it compare to the math faculty at Waterloo (Im going to CS at UW).
What is he your boyfriend? :|

I have no idea how the Schulich program is, but check the booklets and it should lay out all the required courses and number of electives you have each year...

In my business program we did not have to take English. Only requirement was one 1st year math calculus class and the rest were business courses or electives.

[You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period.]
Jun 19, 2004
120 posts
Waterloo sucks don't ever go to waterloo. Unless you really like asians
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2004
3091 posts
139 upvotes
GTA
Um, ya, because no 'asians' attend York. Yup, asian-free alright.

Geez Ryan, tell your friend to choose a program based on race. Tell him that is what people on RFD said. Wow. :(
Nov 21, 2003
848 posts
2 upvotes
Your friend's attitude doesn't bode well for success at either school or in business.
Deal Guru
Mar 30, 2002
12415 posts
10 upvotes
RaLz wrote:Waterloo sucks don't ever go to waterloo. Unless you really like asians
Wow, what kind of racist comment is that? :|

Dec 20, 2003
844 posts
2 upvotes
B40 wrote:What is he your boyfriend? :|

I have no idea how the Schulich program is, but check the booklets and it should lay out all the required courses and number of electives you have each year...

In my business program we did not have to take English. Only requirement was one 1st year math calculus class and the rest were business courses or electives.
im just asking some questions for my friend. Why is it so hard to get info, without these neagative comments.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)