[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14412 posts
1053 upvotes
Toronto
Tornado F2 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2016 6:40 pm
"Brushing" was meant to include flossing.

Speaking of gums though, I believe finding a way to restore aging gums is far more important than making teeth impossibly white. Without good foundations, even the most dazzling structure is doomed. Yet so far as I am aware, they have as yet come up with no way to restore gums. Whitening teeth is obviously simpler, and thus far more lucrative.
My older brother had gum implant. They took some from another part of his mouth and transplanted it to the affected area.

One of my lower canines is exposing a fair bit of the base of the tooth and I asked what my options are and the stupid dentist said to just keep it clean and intervention is not required. I am never going back to this quack.
May 28, 2006
980 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
Tornado F2 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2016 6:40 pm
"Brushing" was meant to include flossing.

Speaking of gums though, I believe finding a way to restore aging gums is far more important than making teeth impossibly white. Without good foundations, even the most dazzling structure is doomed. Yet so far as I am aware, they have as yet come up with no way to restore gums. Whitening teeth is obviously simpler, and thus far more lucrative.
Supercooled wrote:
Apr 27th, 2016 11:18 am
My older brother had gum implant. They took some from another part of his mouth and transplanted it to the affected area.

One of my lower canines is exposing a fair bit of the base of the tooth and I asked what my options are and the stupid dentist said to just keep it clean and intervention is not required. I am never going back to this quack.
Needed a good laugh today - you fellas delivered.
Heatware/HoFo upon request
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14412 posts
1053 upvotes
Toronto
lobt wrote:
Apr 27th, 2016 10:01 pm
Needed a good laugh today - you fellas delivered.
You're a dentist, right?
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1715 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
Supercooled wrote:
Apr 28th, 2016 7:31 am
You're a dentist, right?
Nah, a lobster. Incapable of explaining just why he found it funny.
12 months for condemning rape. 6 months for calling violent thugs "nasty". WTH? Is this IS?
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1715 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
t3359 wrote:
Apr 28th, 2016 6:02 pm
https://youtu.be/bOtMizMQ6oM

bjl
I already posted that. Watched the movie on the weekend too. Classic.
12 months for condemning rape. 6 months for calling violent thugs "nasty". WTH? Is this IS?
May 16, 2016
2 posts
Going to a dentist was a nightmare for me since my childhood. I had gone to a dentist for tooth extraction when I was 7 years old and it was really a bad experience for me. Afterward, I didn’t go to any dental care. I had that dental fear which lasted for years and now I’ve somewhat overcome that fear. I had a broken tooth and it was really bothering me. I kept it like that because of my fear and my hubby took me to a dentist in Burlington and I got dental implants. That was not as bad as I thought. My hubby helped me to get rid of the dental fear. He asked me to read some blogs, which really helped me to overcome the fear. Here are the blogs that I read http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/dentalhealth ... ntist.aspx
http://www.pearldentalburlington.com/bl ... e-dentist/
http://www.wikihow.com/Overcome-Your-Fe ... he-Dentist
Take a look at the tips they mentioned to overcome the fear.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2008
1003 posts
123 upvotes
im more afraid of the bill than the dentist.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1150 posts
261 upvotes
Yesterday, I had another bad experience in the dental chair. Haven't had tears in my eyes for my appointment in quite some time. Not fun! :cry:

My apprehensive to visit the dentist definitely stems from my early kindergarten days when I was a regular patient at the Faculty of Dentistry at the University of Toronto. The students at the dental school were just horrible and I am haunted by them. Emotional scarred for life!
Nov 10, 2015
966 posts
248 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
The dentist I had as a kid would slap you if you moved at the wrong time. And I don`t think he ever used enough of that freezing stuff. Hell, even the needle hurt.
So yes, I`m still terrified of dentists.
Feb 9, 2017
3 posts
Supercooled wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2016 1:40 am
I think you may have me confused with someone else but growing up dental hygiene wasn't a very important topic in my family since we came from very humble backgrounds. That said, my dad has always preached about brushing since he lost his teeth due to health problems and has had dentures of some kind since his early 40s.

If and when I have kids, I'll likely carry on preaching that sentiment. Having good dental health is so important not only to your overall health but your wallet as well, lol. It baffles me why they're not regulated. Every new dentist I visit or call to inquire about something, one of their first question is... do you have insurance?

They are quite shameless about their approach as well. Why should a cleaning cost me $100 if I'm paying for it myself but $150 if my insurance company is paying?
This is probably why their first line of approach is if you have a dental insurance. hence, the insurance company will pay a little more than paying out of the pocket. lol!
Looking for a dentist here
Feb 9, 2017
3 posts
Blanche123 wrote:
Apr 27th, 2016 10:48 am
I have the gagging issue as well. I also have a small throat. It is not pleasant!
I am not but I am afraid of the dark. lol! well, anyway a person need not afraid going to the dentist because sedation is now widely offered.
Looking for a dentist here

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)