• Feb 22nd, 2017 11:15 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2005
14747 posts
1014 upvotes
Thornhill
I'm okay. Two visits ago, I actually almost dozed off while getting my teeth cleaned because I was working late the night before.

Might be because I had 9 fillings done when I was a kid.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
1229 posts
202 upvotes
Maybe when I was a kid, couldn't really remember. Now, not afraid of it at all if its a checkup or cleaning. Tooth extraction, a little, but I can tough it out no problems. Even had a 2 teeth extracted at once (1 cracked while pulling, where they had to cut into my gums to get the rest of the fragments out). With only mouth freezing and still attentive.

I'd rather go to the dentist than the roller coaster. I can't do roller coasters. The fact of being whipped around at great speeds and heights, terrifies me.
Jan 3, 2017
79 posts
43 upvotes
I can tell you a real life horror story about the dentist:

My wife is terrified of the dentist. She has to go to a special dentist who knocks her completely out to get anything done. This is a complete "put you to sleep sedation". Laughing gas, and sedatives don't work. Our last visit cost a little over 5k which thankfully is covered by her benefits plan

The reason for this fear is when she was 9 months pregnant with our 1st child she developed a problem with her wisdom teeth. They got infected and there was a risk that the infection would spread and harm the baby. They had to remove the teeth but at the same time they couldn't give freeze her tooth or give her any pain medication beyond asprin or Tylenol 3 due to her allergies and a few other complications. Her arms, legs and neck were strapped down so she couldn't move and they removed them in the hospital.

Prior to this there was never an issue, she's never been the same at the dentist since. Full blown panic attacks and tears whenever she has to go.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel