Site Comments & Suggestions

Are you allowed to post for deals involving your own company?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2014 9:51 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 13, 2008
789 posts
122 upvotes

Are you allowed to post for deals involving your own company?

Sorry, I couldn't find anything regarding that on the rules.

Also, how much does it cost to appear in the deals section?
5 replies
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm not Tom, but I'll answer on behalf of all (or most) users.

You are absolutely more than welcome to post a hot deal in the appropriate forum. However, if you're thinking of using this as a public billboard to spam some 5% off coupon or some ambiguous BS sale (Up to 99% off store wide) then pack up your kiosk and walk over to the next town.
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27420 posts
6791 upvotes
If you mean your own company as in a company you own, then no, you cannot advertise deals for your own company here. We have strict rules against that. Now if you happen to work at a store that has a deal you consider to be worth sharing, then by all means, share it with the community.

Good rule of thumb is if you are going to personally benefit by posting the deal, then it's not allowed.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
Shaner wrote: Good rule of thumb is if you are going to personally benefit by posting the deal, then it's not allowed.
When did that come into play? Perhaps the Bell "call me for a bigger discount", the Rogers "PM me and I'll give you the best price", the Future Shop "Come in and ask for Dave to get the PM" or the "Come see me at XXX dealership for a test drive" would fall in that category no? Maybe my interpretation is wrong. Heck even that Costco employee posting those deals ahead of time gets profit-sharing, so obviously someone somewhere is making bank.

I reported one of these just a few weeks ago and nothing was done. Must be a very new rule.

It's BS that mom and pop stores offering a decent deal aren't able to post it here, but if you work for a big company then by all means pimp your wares. Cleaning the spam does not mean punishing everyone except the big boxes.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26001 posts
211229 upvotes
GTA
Shaner wrote: If you mean your own company as in a company you own, then no, you cannot advertise deals for your own company here. We have strict rules against that. Now if you happen to work at a store that has a deal you consider to be worth sharing, then by all means, share it with the community.

Good rule of thumb is if you are going to personally benefit by posting the deal, then it's not allowed.
Cas77 wrote: When did that come into play? Perhaps the Bell "call me for a bigger discount", the Rogers "PM me and I'll give you the best price", the Future Shop "Come in and ask for Dave to get the PM" or the "Come see me at XXX dealership for a test drive" would fall in that category no? Maybe my interpretation is wrong. Heck even that Costco employee posting those deals ahead of time gets profit-sharing, so obviously someone somewhere is making bank.

I reported one of these just a few weeks ago and nothing was done. Must be a very new rule.

It's BS that mom and pop stores offering a decent deal aren't able to post it here, but if you work for a big company then by all means pimp your wares. Cleaning the spam does not mean punishing everyone except the big boxes.
If it's a trickle-down effect or if it's shared amongst several individuals, it doesn't count, lol. But here's the thing, and I've brought this up before. There's no consistency with that policy across forums either. The mom and pop shop owners get crucified in Hot Deals, and meanwhile in Contests, the personal bloggers get a free for all in there - can you honestly tell me that isn't self-promotion with a straight face?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)