• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2018 10:34 pm
Tags:
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11972 posts
1742 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Public funding for flu vaccination by province: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/ ... itory.html

BC, Quebec, and New Brunswick r the only provinces where universal vaccination is NOT funded.
In BC, most ppl have to pay health care premiums. Something wrong with that, IMO.
De gustibus non est disputandum
"Crazy people will make even sane people crazy."-- Becks
"Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself."-- Confucius
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
29080 posts
4195 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I’ve had one shot in the last 20 years. But I got the flu last year and I was down for the count for 6 weeks. It was brutal.

@kevcnew Rick Mercer convinced me.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11972 posts
1742 upvotes
City of Vancouver
When I went to Pharmasave to get the flu shot, they couldn't and recommended that I set up an appointment. Apparently, like other pharmacies, they want two pharmacists on shift when giving out flu shots.
Last edited by Becks on Nov 1st, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
6237 posts
1387 upvotes
Not all pharmacists are authorized/trained to administer vaccines; some places may want you to set up an appointment when someone who is authorized is scheduled.

I've given many vaccinations when working alone, dependent on the place not being crazy busy.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
5164 posts
498 upvotes
Becks wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 1:39 pm
When I went to Pharmasave to get the flu shot, they couldn't and recommended thatI set up at appointment. Apparently, like other pharmacies, they want two pharmacists on shift when giving out flu shots.
As a customer, I prefer they do this. One pharmacist filling prescriptions and giving vaccines isn't good for customer service and imo is tough on the advice employee.
Sep 30, 2001
27171 posts
6160 upvotes
Toronto
Got mine yesterday though it was a bit of a wait
Don't talk about it, be about it
Dec 4, 2016
882 posts
315 upvotes
I definitely plan to. I see this as a civic duty, as it protects not just me but those around me.
Sep 9, 2017
917 posts
604 upvotes
Winnipeg
Yup. Got my first one ever a few weeks ago at a Shoppers Drug Mart. It was so convenient and simple. Now, not only am I protected, but I'm also helping to protect more vulnerable members of society. Feels really good.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17884 posts
2574 upvotes
GTA West
Gee wrote:
Oct 30th, 2018 4:30 pm
I’ve had one shot in the last 20 years. But I got the flu last year and I was down for the count for 6 weeks. It was brutal.

@kevcnew Rick Mercer convinced me.
You should renew your Tetanus and Hepatitis A/B vaccinations every 10 years.
Seriously, these diseases are no joke. Get vaccinated!
Kelly M wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 4:12 pm
Yup. Got my first one ever a few weeks ago at a Shoppers Drug Mart. It was so convenient and simple. Now, not only am I protected, but I'm also helping to protect more vulnerable members of society. Feels really good.
I have to say, I got my flu shot this year at a Loblaws store. It was quick and simple. But DAMN, that pharmacist stabbed the needle into me like I was her cheating ex-boyfriend or something! My arm was sore for almost a week! Face Screaming In Fear
Tuition to the School of Life is not tax deductible.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11972 posts
1742 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Heard a radio advertisement for getting flu shots at Walmart. They said no appointment necessary.
De gustibus non est disputandum
"Crazy people will make even sane people crazy."-- Becks
"Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself."-- Confucius