• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2019 8:01 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7019 posts
814 upvotes
Alberta
Several children in Saskatchewan have died recently due to the flu. All were not immunized. It appears that a number of physicians recommend that children 6 months to 5 years old in particular get immunized....it still not too late.
May 3, 2004
10 posts
4 upvotes
Calgary
My immune system is low and before I used to get the flu shot, I’d get the flu which often become bronchitis and there were times I was close to pneumonia. I had hacking coughs that I could not shake for months! It was hard to deal with and I would carry asthma inhalers or steroid inhalers to try overcome these cough spells. When I started getting flu shots, it’s been great - haven’t had illness or bad coughs anymore for several years now, and neither has my spouse. I’m not sure why, but if getting me the flu shot keeps me illness free.... I’m for it!
A close friend of ours in mid 50’s got the flu before Christmas, turned into pneumonia and had to spend weeks in hospital fighting it. Then his body was so tired fighting this, he got H1N1 in hospital and passed away recently. We are so sad to lose our wonderful friend, but it all started with the flu and how dangerous it can affect people.... just my opinion.