• Dec 12th, 2014 10:09 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
1114 posts
521 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Always entertaining to see FWD cars with winter tires veering to left and right on uphills and then claiming on RFD that AWD is not necessary for Canadian winters. Enjoy your FWD cars while i enjoy watching you struggling behind your wheels.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1485 upvotes
Pickering
kooroshkabir wrote: Always entertaining to see FWD cars with winter tires veering to left and right on uphills and then claiming on RFD that AWD is not necessary for Canadian winters. Enjoy your FWD cars while i enjoy watching you struggling behind your wheels.
RFD=FWD didn't you know?? Praise the Corolla!!!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
FWD = forward wheel drive?
AWD = all wheel drive?

How does that help? I've tried using both during yesterday, didn't see much of a difference.

Isn't it only useful when you get stuck?
Favourite Games: NieR (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Persona 3 FES/Portable (PS2/PSP), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Persona 4 Golden (PSV), Witcher 1,2,3 (PC), Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Majora's Mask (3DS), Bravely Default (3DS)
Mar 15, 2008
269 posts
33 upvotes
Every winter it's the same. More than half of the drivers in the GTA don't have winter tires. Some drive too fast in snow, others drive too slow.

The worst is one with all season tires will little thread left. I was following a white pickup yesterday in 10cm of snow and he couldn't get any traction. He spun out when he tried to lane change and ended up blocking the entire two-lane road. Drivers were honking at him.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2008
2674 posts
801 upvotes
chimaican wrote: My rant:

If you can afford a BMW x6, you can afford winter tires and driving lessons!

/rant
Some people who buy (lease) such cars really can't afford them. There's an Escalade on my street that literally has bald tires because the owner can't afford new ones. Something tells me that guy doesn't have an RRSP either.
Mar 24, 2010
958 posts
122 upvotes
mcg wrote: Would any of you feel guilty highbeaming a guy hogging both lanes on a 2 lane road in this weather? Iunno man. Or am I too nice.?
Def highbeam those pricks. Last snowfall, some lone idiot in a dodge pickup was hogging hov lane on 403. There was a huge line of cars behind him, finally GO bus got fedup & started honking, so did i.. idiot still sidnt get the message
Jan 20, 2004
769 posts
248 upvotes
The HTA should be updated, when news call for at least 1cm of snow, non-winter tire equipped cars should drive on the right lane, winter tire equipped cars will be driving on the passing lane (left lane) as they will be always passing in those conditions.
Jan 10, 2011
485 posts
306 upvotes
kooroshkabir wrote: Always entertaining to see FWD cars with winter tires veering to left and right on uphills and then claiming on RFD that AWD is not necessary for Canadian winters. Enjoy your FWD cars while i enjoy watching you struggling behind your wheels.
AWD is not necessary for Canadian winters. Knowing how to drive and having proper tires is.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2011
5834 posts
1219 upvotes
aGincourt
FWD cars can go uphill, they just need to do it in reverse
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
3039 posts
2516 upvotes
Markham
Wow...a lot of anger. Maybe I was the only one who had fun yesterday, I was expecting a slow commute to begin so I looked forward to every corner since I'm in a RWD sports car which makes it fun. Plus its kind of funny passing people who are struggling with fatso CUVs with relative ease in a car that seems bad for this weather.
Mar 13, 2013
51 posts
10 upvotes
WHITBY
I often wonder how many of these drivers going too fast/too slow or spinning out by hitting the brakes at the wrong time, are the same ones who come on here and ask "where is the easiest place to pass driving test?".
Feb 1, 2014
802 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
skwigglyline wrote: why do you think you got honked at and what lane were you driving in?
It was a one lane street with a bikelane to the side going under the train tracks. Only a 40km/h zone and I was driving around that speed. After I switch to the left lane to turn, he honked me and sped off past the intersection.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
8683 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
Really wish car control was part of the curriculum/testing for our licensing. I pull my hair out every time I drive, and unfortunately for me I drive a lot (I drive about 450km/week).

I also really wish that drivers can't go beyond traffic speed, rather than a set limit. Of those 450km/week I only see one or two crazy drivers that weave in and out of traffic speeding, but I see 3-4 extremely hesitant drivers daily that do 20km/hr under traffic which is just as dangerous or more as everyone is trying to pass them or they're holding up traffic or they pull some unexpected lane change.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1485 upvotes
Pickering
KevC wrote: Really wish car control was part of the curriculum/testing for our licensing. I pull my hair out every time I drive, and unfortunately for me I drive a lot (I drive about 450km/week).

I also really wish that drivers can't go beyond traffic speed, rather than a set limit. Of those 450km/week I only see one or two crazy drivers that weave in and out of traffic speeding, but I see 3-4 extremely hesitant drivers daily that do 20km/hr under traffic which is just as dangerous or more as everyone is trying to pass them or they're holding up traffic or they pull some unexpected lane change.
Last night I'm driving in a 40kph zone behind a Corolla that was doing 20kph. 30kph would have been more appropriate. The road was a standard subdivision two lane road. Some A-hole in his huge black SUV decides to pass both of us at 60-70 kph and has to swerve back on the proper side of the road to avoid a head on collision and then he did the same manoeuvre again and almost went head on into another oncoming car.

How I wish the guy lost control and wrote off his vehicle (while not injuring anybody of course). I would have taken the day off with no pay to testify in court.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)