• Dec 12th, 2017 6:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17842 posts
214 upvotes
YVR

Your favourite cheap eats in Toronto?

If you were to name three places, what would it be?
46 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11333 posts
1582 upvotes
Toronto
Spice and Aroma on Spadina near Dundas (387 Spadina, next to Collective: https://www.google.ca/maps/uv?hl=en&pb= ... QQpx8IeDAK )

If you leave out the $2.50 extras (Lamb, beef, fish and shrimp are a fixed $2.50 price each ) the price is low. Everything else is priced at $1.99/100g
It is NOT a hot pot place but they are using 100% hot pot ingredients. They cook it and serve it as a soup.

I paid $15 (including tax) with Lamb and Beef as my $2.50 extras. Leaving that out and just going with everything else would make it just under $10. For a dinner, that's not bad.
(it includes clams and mussels as part of the $1.99/100g choices, making the soup well worth the money.)

As a second choice (lunch only) I recommend Mongolian sheep Hot Pot @ Dundas & Spadina. (on Dundas near Spadina)
For $9.99, (Including soup base!!) you get a one round only Hot Pot deal with lamb (possibly another meat or two, I honestly can not remember) as the meat choice, but hey? Lamb? $9.99? WOW!
Yes, the food choices that come with the $9.99 deal are also limited, but it's a very good filling deal for that price
AND
it also includes all you can drink Soy beverage and Plum juice (self serve) Spring rolls and seaweed salad (also both self serve)

Can't go wrong with those prices! (or, if preferred, an AYCE Lunch is $15.99 + $1 for soup basic base)

➡➡ As for the absolute cheapest bite to eat, Costco has a hot dog and a drink for only $1.50 + tax. You can't beat that!!
Not a member? No problem! Go through the exit, straight over to the food court. They don't check to see if you are an actual member. ⬅⬅
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5347 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto
Allwyns Bakery - The jerk chicken sandwich on cocobread with coleslaw for $5.25 can't be beat. Their patties, wings and dinners are great and cheap too.

Lin Garden - Good Hakka Chinese spot known for their chili chicken. $25-30 takeout here and my wife and I will have a feast for dinner with plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day

Sashimi House - Specifically for their lunch specials. Their Red/Green Dragon roll, chicken fried rice and salad combo for $12 is a great deal for lunch. Don't bother with dinner or dine in though, there are much better places for that
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17842 posts
214 upvotes
YVR
playnicee1 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 10:35 am
Spice and Aroma on Spadina near Dundas (387 Spadina, next to Collective: https://www.google.ca/maps/uv?hl=en&pb= ... QQpx8IeDAK )

If you leave out the $2.50 extras (Lamb, beef, fish and shrimp are a fixed $2.50 price each ) the price is low. Everything else is priced at $1.99/100g
It is NOT a hot pot place but they are using 100% hot pot ingredients. They cook it and serve it as a soup.

I paid $15 (including tax) with Lamb and Beef as my $2.50 extras. Leaving that out and just going with everything else would make it just under $10. For a dinner, that's not bad.
(it includes clams and mussels as part of the $1.99/100g choices, making the soup well worth the money.)

As a second choice (lunch only) I recommend Mongolian sheep Hot Pot @ Dundas & Spadina. (on Dundas near Spadina)
For $9.99, (Including soup base!!) you get a one round only Hot Pot deal with lamb (possibly another meat or two, I honestly can not remember) as the meat choice, but hey? Lamb? $9.99? WOW!
Yes, the food choices that come with the $9.99 deal are also limited, but it's a very good filling deal for that price
AND
it also includes all you can drink Soy beverage and Plum juice (self serve) Spring rolls and seaweed salad (also both self serve)

Can't go wrong with those prices! (or, if preferred, an AYCE Lunch is $15.99 + $1 for soup basic base)

➡➡ As for the absolute cheapest bite to eat, Costco has a hot dog and a drink for only $1.50 + tax. You can't beat that!!
Not a member? No problem! Go through the exit, straight over to the food court. They don't check to see if you are an actual member. ⬅⬅
LOL! That's a good one.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11333 posts
1582 upvotes
Toronto
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 4:54 am
LOL! That's a good one.
Free refills on the pop too! (self serve) at the Costco food court.
What do you mean that's a good one?
Going in through the exit is indeed allowed.
On the way out just show the hot dog receipt on the way out and you're still good to go... (yup! No membership required!)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5347 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 5:52 am
Free refills on the pop too! (self serve) at the Costco food court.
What do you mean that's a good one?
Going in through the exit is indeed allowed.
On the way out just show the hot dog receipt on the way out and you're still good to go... (yup! No membership required!)
they real winner at Costco is the $7 rotisserie whole chicken
Jul 26, 2015
444 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
Burger King, Ikea, Costco, Manpuku Modern Japanese Eatery, Wendy's, South St Burger
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1214 posts
279 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 12:37 pm
Was at Costco recently. Pretty sure the rotisserie chicken is $7.99 and you need a membership. :( Somebody here please correct me if I am wrong.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1050 posts
209 upvotes
You are right, you are right, and it's pretty nasty.

Also, polish sausage > hot dog.
Jul 26, 2015
444 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 12:37 pm
Food Basics 7.99
Metro sometimes 7.99 (Tuesday)
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36814 posts
2606 upvotes
Toronto
I thought grocery stores were excluded. Bc the cheapest would be raw chicken breast and rice on sale and cook @ home.

But if grocery is included... besto co's family meal destroys cost co.
$22.99 for any 3 entrees
Includes family sized soup and rice.
Easily feeds a family of 6. Yep thats right. 6
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10212 posts
748 upvotes
Mississauga
A Jamaican patty or two at Randy's on Eglinton.

Rice and char siu at House of Gourmet at Dundas & Spadina.

Belgian fries at Moo Frites in Kensington Market.